Jack Toft
Years ago

Cairns v Adelaaaide Apr 14

Ah... Cairns smashed Adelaide not that long ago and tonight they have a chance to do it all again... so they better get a giddy up if they want to.

The Sixers rubbed the Cats up the wrong way for a win last game and so should show no fear as they enter the snake pit. Classic effort by Sunday Dech. No word on Iceman Isaac Humphries's return so let's give the boards to the snakes now, while the cane toads are in the pen ready for racing, which I do believe is Rattle and Hum's Wednesday thing. Could reduce the crowd, but then again there are more cane toad in Cairns than bogans in Perth.

Machado sat out the second half last game and would be doing everything to be playing tonight. If there was a faith healer from Missouri, the snakes would be rounding him up.

No kiss of death from me tonight

Topic #48359 | Report this topic

RobT  
Years ago

Both have played some great games throughout but zip for consistency. Anyone's game!

May come down to which Oliver and Pinder turn up and Kelly's and Henry's coaching. IMO, both have struggled with getting their troops on the same page.

Reply #842485 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Im glad you mentioned Pinder. I was only commenting about his poor form to a fan prior to the last game and he pulled out that game from somewhere

Reply #842486 | Report this post

Kb_24  
Years ago

Adelaide will win, most of them can shoot..for cairns they relying with there two import...

Reply #842493 | Report this post

Damian  
Years ago

So is machado playing ????

Reply #842500 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide should win comfortably, Cairns really are bunch bench players with two quality imports. As Jack said I've now put kiss death on Sixers.

Sixers by 11.

Reply #842507 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Adelaide are the team to beat . Adelaide by 23.

Reply #842525 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

36ers are finding some form and if Machado is out it's going to be tough for Cairn's along with missing Noi and Deng. Oliver needs 40+.

Reply #842531 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Game time decision for Machado tonight.

Reply #842593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Might as well play it safe and sit him out for this one. Sixers will be winning either way.

Reply #842595 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

April 14 is a historic day:
* (1865) Lincoln was shot
* (1912) Titanic hit the iceberg
* (1970) Wasleys Train crash - a busload of people collided with a train, killing 18 people and injuring 35. Worst ever road accident on Australian roads.

Reply #842598 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

You would think Sixers comfortably but the Taipans are a good team up there so not sure after the big win over Perth that this will be a fait accompli.

Sixers by 7

Reply #842606 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack - sorry to nitpick, as I enjoy your posts. The Kempsey bus crash in 1989 killed more people (35) than the Wasleys one (17). The Grafton bus crash, also in 1989, also killed more people (21).

Wasleys is still the worst crash on SA roads - thankfully.

Reply #842614 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

With Pinder Beast Mode activated the sky is the limit for the Adelaide. Carn Sixers.

Cairns by 2.

Reply #842617 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Machado is out.

Reply #842629 | Report this post

Vodka 34  
Years ago

Given the above, Sixers all day.

Reply #842630 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

If Tad Dufelmeier was 6'6" he'd be in the NBA

Reply #842640 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What's the point of getting Brandon Paul if you literally don’t run any plays for him?

Reply #842641 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Hey they ran that failed ally play again.

Reply #842642 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How Kelly gets some of those players to be competitive to me shows he can coach, I'd like to see him coach a side with money.

Dufelmeire banked one, miss the lot with another one dribbles the air out the ball, yep that’s nba. Lol.

Reply #842643 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oliver is a great player

Reply #842646 | Report this post

Hi  
Years ago

Wow the ref is sucking cairns dick rn

Reply #842649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Refs had money on cairns clear as day. Conor Henry though is an absolute joke

Reply #842650 | Report this post

Krazy  
Years ago

Henry doing his best to lose this...

Had the foot on the throat multiple times yet he chooses to sit the form players.

How Dillon has had enough time on the court to get 4 fouls is ridiculous.

Reply #842651 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

McVeigh has basically lost them this game by being a bonehead on both ends of the floor.

Reply #842652 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

How shameful if the Sixers can't even beat an NBL1-like Taipans.

Reply #842653 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't understand the over playing of McVeigh, is Pinder in foul trouble, McVeigh looked great early but turned to shit more the game went on.

Reply #842655 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

6ers got to that big lead then just assumed the W was in the bag. Players looked to be coasting with no intensity.

Reply #842656 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Should they take a three? An easy two? Nah, fouled on a made three. Tough for Cairns.

Reply #842657 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

WHY BP ???

Reply #842658 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Conor Henry though is an absolute joke" NO that spelling is a joke.

Reply #842659 | Report this post

Hi  
Years ago

Trash refs all foul call on 6ers wtf

Reply #842660 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

BP didn't shoot it due to Henry crushing his confidence.

Reply #842662 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If you can't win that against a Cairns ragtag bunch...

Reply #842663 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

That's ridiculous Paul needs to shoot that. Really impressed with Space Cams improved attitude despite having a tough season the Taipans have stuck together.

Reply #842665 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We are sooooo crap (36ers). Machado and Deng out of bottom tram, we playing for life, and no good. Crap roster, crap coach, crap year .... again.

Reply #842666 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack McVeigh should walk home to Adelaide doesn't deserve to be on the plane. Take Henry with you too.

Reply #842667 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Henry's a dud. How in the world did the 6ers pick him!!! That’s right, Kelley and JVG run the 35ers.

Reply #842671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oliver has been good all season imo, just superb tonight. Congratulations to Kelly.

Reply #842672 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I laughed when one of the TV commentators said the Duffelmeir had been discovered. He's been sitting on the bench for 2 seasons Kelly Right in front of your frikkin eyes everyday.

Reply #842675 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

That hook shot by Nate at the 3 min mark of the Q3 was after the shot clock clearly, why was the score counted?

Reply #842679 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

How Kelly gets some of those players to be competitive to me shows he can coach, I'd like to see him coach a side with money.

You have cherry picked one game and used that as a indicator of Kelly's prowess.

King has stagnated with Kelly, his minutes and output are low for his billing.

These lesser light players have always been there but Kelly seldom used them, instead giving shots to Noi.

If it wasn't for the injuries these guys would not see any time at all.

Cairns were full strength at the start of the year and started with 1-6 with 5 games at home. This is not Kelly being a good coach.

Kelly should not have won CoTY last year, should have been Weaver.

Kelly's first year at Cairns (last) is more a relfection of where he is at.

Reply #842680 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Well any pick-me-up I didn't get from the Cotton shot to send the Breakers game into overtime, I sure got from watching the second half of this game.

Replayed BP turning down that wide-open corner three several times and still can't figure out why. I'll take it though.

Good to see the Cairns supporters get some reward for loyalty too.

Reply #842691 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Happy with the result but surprised Cairns won.

Reply #842701 | Report this post

Juno 91  
Years ago

36ers look much better WITHOUT old man Crocker in the team. Amazing recruiting decision.

Reply #842705 | Report this post

Sixers  
Years ago

"That hook shot by Nate at the 3 min mark of the Q3 was after the shot clock clearly, why was the score counted?"

The refs didn't even debate it so to me that sounds like the Sound went off before the backboard lit up red?

Reply #842706 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Clearly Mudonya and Teyser are not rated by Henry. Aren't they both signed for next season.. Paul crocker giddey be all gone. Dillon nearly done Pinder probably in the sights. What are we left with? Seems next season be another rebuild and dev step... not sure if we learnt anything about the group this season to use as base for finals attack... imports are going to unknown factors and will result in inconsistency as they gel...DJ and McVeigh seem only scoring options and then it's??? Dech defensively but the rest of the junk yard dog approach lock down crew ain't on the books... um er doh ahh

Reply #842721 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Contract status:

Johnson (2 years)
Dech (2 years)
Mudronja (1 year)

Humphries (option)
Giddey (option)

Paul (FA)
Crocker (FA)
McVeigh (FA)
Pinder (FA)
Teys (FA)
Dillon (FA)

Reply #842722 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you could combine Pinder and McVeigh into one, you would have a reasonable player. You would probably try to keep them but the rest should be let go. Paul could be worth keeping as well. Someone on this board said Pinder was on 250k, if so budget or gone.

Reply #842729 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

The refs didn't even debate it so to me that sounds like the Sound went off before the backboard lit up red?

If you watch the 2:30 mark of the youtube highlights below at 50% playback speed, you can see the shot was clearly after the shot clock and the sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn28V60KEiY

If Cairns were less 2 points, the Sixers would have been up by 1 with 13 seconds left without needing to press hard which lead to the King slam.

Sixers were robbed.

Reply #842784 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

If that basket hadn't counted, the entire last couple of minutes would have played out completely differently, because the change in margin would have altered strategies long before the 13 second mark.

Reply #842785 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Yes it is entirely possible that Cairns would have won anyway but without knowing 'if history changed' and the what if, 2 points is important in a close game.

Reply #842786 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:20 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754