Anonymous
Years ago

hypothetical forced trade in NBL

Whats the best trade each NBL team could make with another NBL team to really improve their roster?? Rules are other team cant say no and your player has to play more than 10 minutes pg. You cant do like a development guy for Cotton.

Topic #48449 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Where would you start with Cairns? Need viable starters at most positions.

If you think of the 36ers at full strength (Giddey, Paul, Dech, DJ, Humphries), who goes to the bench? DJ's net rating is pretty awful, so maybe it's something like Dillon for Mooney, and DJ is a contentious benching? Or Dillon for Cotton and Paul is the bench impact?

Reply #846864 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I'd trade Levi Randolph for Lamar Patterson, that would make Breakers unstoppable

But seriously, imports trading should happen far more often ie if you don't think you'll have a player back for next season and you are out of playoff hunt then trade him for another import that probably isn't being brought back and maybe the import just fits.

I think Justin Simon would be the perfect exponent of this, if he isn't being brought back by the Hawks then why wouldn't you check out a high quality person, great defensively and seems so active on court that he puts the rest of his team mates to shame, I wouldn't want to lose him or his unique skill set from our league... however that free throw of his is fucking ugly.

Reply #846869 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

On one of the Will Magnay threads, I suggested a "what-if" trade from Bris, who apparently still own his NBL contract for this year/season, to Perth (already seems a done deal), for Steindl and Blanchfield and some money.

Well, you know that anonymous guy? He told me I was silly!

Reply #846910 | Report this post

Mobbin  
Years ago

You are silly, trades aren't permitted in the NBL under the current EBA.
Players can request to leave and sign elsewhere (Patterson), but it generally costs them either through a "break contract" clause or buy-out (Magnay)

Reply #846929 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The basketball show Twitter saying Goorjian to SEM next season.

Reply #846970 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope Goorj hasn't caused another team to fold

Reply #846973 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Heal on the money??? Thought he signed a two year contract.

Reply #846999 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Perhaps the second year was an option or Goorj has managed to negotiate out of his deal? SEM makes sense as they will spend big for him and Melbourne is his home town in Australia.

Reply #847181 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:27 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754