Anonymous
Years ago

Julian Jacobs update

Entering the season, it was said that the Sixers needed to "rush" to get the signature of Julian Jacobs before they missed out.

That being said, what's the assessment of his game play in the NBL1 Adelaide league so far?

Topic #48469 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Easily the best import the league has seen since Rashad about 10 years ago. We are privileged to have him here and everyone should make sure they check him out while they can. I know there was NBL talk but I actually think he will go to a higher European league next year.

Reply #847424 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Extremely athletic!!!!!

Reply #847427 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"He will go higher" lmao, someone is day drinking. He's averaging 15ppg.....in Adelaide’s league.

Reply #847440 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Athletic yes, but not in the same league as Starling.

As was shown last night, he's not NBL standard.

Reply #847441 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So far he looks like a good NBL1 player but not at NBL level. That said, he's potentially still playing himself into form after a long layoff.

Reply #847443 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is Julian Jacobs?

Reply #847444 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide isn't really in the top 3 for state leagues

Reply #847445 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes it is, this season.

Reply #847446 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No it isnt

Reply #847457 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why don't you two put up some facts instead of sounding like 5 year olds

Reply #847465 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is very unselfish and gets his teammates involved. Woodville have become fun to watch.

To say he only averages 15ppg shows you only look at stats and don't watch the games, he could average 20ppg or more if he wanted.

Also because stats are so important, he is nearly averaging a triple double.

Adelaide hoops is negative as always.

Reply #847474 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No he just isn't NBL quality

Reply #847475 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I thought he looked pretty good against South. He didn't seem to want to shoot anything outside 5 ft though. Has he shot it well from the outside in other games? If he can shoot it ok, then I could absolutely see him as an NBL import.

Reply #847477 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Been a long time since I looked at central ABL stats. What's Starling's story? Too late to get an NBL chance?

Had 37 points, 20 boards and seven steals against Woodville. Looked energetic in some of the highlights clips I saw.

Reply #847478 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is an athlete in an otherwise un-athletic 6 foot league. NBL1 Central other than for say maybe 10-12 players is pure reserves. He runs past most in this league like they are training cones.

Reply #847479 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Might've just been the hair in the highlights I saw, but reminded me of Carlos Powell - very athletic for his relative size against opposition.

Better or worse than Crocker?

Reply #847480 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't see any NBL team picking him up he’s not really a quality player but because it’s Adelaide he seems like a stud. Which is the issue with anyone who knows the game there playing in the Adelaide league for a reason. There Australian’s no in Melb and WA that are better then Starling. He there because he can get the money and it’s not a hard league. Most the imports playing there come for vacation and get a gig. The quality of the league is lower then Melb these are facts he would not get a gig in the Melb unless we taking Big V Div 1-2 Starling is a basically a PF Center his skills don’t translate to the NBL at all this is not even a debate if he could get that coin he would be trying factor that in with the alleged sneaking around with former North mums and nope no NBL team will deal with that.

Reply #847491 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's a well rounded player - not selfish and passes the ball which shows in his assist stats. Can go up against the bigs which shows in his rebound stats. His speed is like no other in the league.

The most important is that he is a likeable guy, polite and respectful. He motivates his other teammates and is a great leader.

Not like SOME other imports that are more interested in female activity vs focusing on the job at hand.

Reply #847497 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree Julian is definitely not like most the others ones and they will go a long way in his development and also opportunities in other leagues and clubs. Seems like a cool dude and isn't doing sneaky things or things that could embarrass himself, the kids, or the club later.

Reply #847504 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, like no other import have spread their wild oats whilst here.

Reply #847505 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:20 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754