Red74
Years ago

NBL1-West Women Preview & Predictions

Friday

REDBACKS v EAGLES
Eagles coming off a 5 point win over the winless Lakeside with Goulding scoring 26 points at better than 40%. Redbacks with a narrow loss to Hawks. The boxscore is pretty even all over with a 21 - 17 turnover count probably contributing to the narrow loss.
SIDENOTE: I dont like this new software the league is using. It doesnt show Point from Turnovers, Second Chance Points or Points in the Paint.
Redbacks to win by 6.

SENATORS v WOLVES
City of Joondalup Battle 2021. Senators coming off a BIG win against Slammers with Barr, MCH and Hepburn all registering triple doubles. Senators had 16 more assists (21-5) and 15 more steals (22-7). Undefeated Wolves win against the Suns with 4 players scoring double digits and Steindl leading the way with 24 points (at better than 45%) and 14 rebounds.
Wolves depth too much and win by 9.

SATURDAY
WOLVES v MAGIC
Magic coming off a big loss to the Cougars at home. Milo only scoring 7 points with 0-7 from 3. Foul count 23 Magic to Cougars 13 is a concern for coach Alava. Magic will need more contributors to make this game competitive.
Wolves win by 17.

TIGERS v HAWKS
Tigers coming off an away loss to Rocko with Sharp registering 24 points and 14 boards. Hawks Dennis, McKay and Burton all contributed to the win against the Redbacks with Dennis scoring a double double. Sharp will have a tough battle against these three.
Hawks to win by 15.

LIGHTNING v SLAMMERS
One of these teams will register their first W of 2021 at the conclusion of this game. Isenbarger registering a triple double in the loss to Eagles. Of a concern is the 44 3pt attempts, with Pirini 3 of 14 and Isenbarger 2 of 12. Slammers were -16 in assists and -15 in steals against the Senators and +10 in turnovers against the Flames.
Lightning to win by 8.

SUNS v COUGARS
Williams scored 32 points at over 55% from the field and Mansfield filling the stats sheet with 13 points, 9 boards, 6 assists and 7 turnovers against the Wolves. Cougars had a good spread of contributors against the Magic and Edwards only had 2 boards all game!.
Cougars by 12.

SUNS v TIGERS
Suns with a back to back home game. This should be a good game with both teams quite similar and both coming off tough games the night before. Can Suns bigs stop Sharp? Can Tigers guards stop Williams? Flip of the coin here i reckon.
Suns by 3.

Topic #48492 | Report this topic

Perthworld  
Years ago

Not WNBL1!

Reply #848068 | Report this post

Red74  
Years ago

i know right....who the hell keeps writing that!

Reply #848070 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Eagles by 2
Wolves by 18
Wolves by 22
Hawks by 8
Lightning by 40+
Cougars by 10
Tigers by 3

Reply #848072 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you are misreading the box scores, neither Isenbarger or Barr had triple doubles. Do you mean double doubles?

Reply #848077 | Report this post

Red74  
Years ago

Yes. Yes I do. Apologies. Not enough coffee

Reply #848079 | Report this post

Red74  
Years ago

Anyone know if Amy Kidner is ok after injuring her leg/ ankle last night?

Reply #848189 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:50 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754