Jack Toft
Years ago

Illawarra v Melbourne May 18

It's not every day that Perf supporters root for the Hawks, but tonight they'll be clucking away, and barracking for them as well.

It's 1 v 4 and Perf are 1 game behind the United team. The Hawks have Sydney and Brisbane in hot pursuit and a loss tonight would see them drop to 5th. It's like those three are in a three way jelly wrestle. Each time on elf them grabs fourth spot it slips out of their hands.

Melbourne, reeling from the SEM loss will come out firing and with the Hawks having 3 wins on the trot, no quarter will be given tonight with both teams knowing how important this game is.

The Blue Baggers from Brunswick boldly, bravely battling beyond barriers to bring back a win, but then again the karma from the west might lift the Hawks enough to give the their second loss in a row. But my kiss of death goes to the Soy Sippers.

Topic #48513 | Report this topic

RobT  
Years ago

Love your posts, Jack.

Get some sleep.
Re-read before you post.
keep up the great work!

Just remember, posting at 12.59 is bound to offer up some typos and spellings.:-)

Reply #848562 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Cheers! Damn auto correct! I should read before I hit the post button. I was always gooder at English at school than what I is know.

Reply #848566 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

You on any comedy circuits? You should be so that we can throw things at you!

Back to: re: Illawarra v Melbourne May 18!

Honestly, what's going on? Cairns, without their super-stud centre, and a comparatively modest roster, push Perth last night and we are all trying to guess who will win the Illawarra v Melbourne game tonight.

Illawarra do have a stud (and he's here, at least). Melb have studs in nearly every position. Melbourne should shit it in just like Perth should have, last night. These 2 teams, Melb and Perth, have been the undisputed front-runners all season. Yeah, everyone doubted Perth's line-up in pre-season. But they soon gained the respect they deserved.

Melbourne by 10+

Reply #848572 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

By the way, congrats to Cairn's efforts and all respect for the Hawks.

Reply #848573 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This will be won on how hawks stop Landale offensively or United stop Harvey offensively. Hawks have looked good recently though United have so strong a bench. Goorj v Vickerman will be interesting on the riding of the refs.

My heart says hawks but think United will get this in a close one. United by 3.

Reply #848590 | Report this post

Kb_24  
Years ago

Is baba will play? Baba can depend the opposing guard..without him no one can depend Harvey..

Reply #848596 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Think Hawks roll United here.

Reply #848603 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Would love to be wrong, but I think United bounce back strongly after the Phoenix upset

Reply #848613 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

MU twitter have stated that Baba is out with knee soreness.

Reply #848653 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

LB... "MU twitter HAS stated that Baba is out with knee soreness"

Has*

:)

Reply #848655 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow Peatling is absolute garbage

Reply #848659 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks on fire. Pearling is not garbage but should not be starting.

Reply #848660 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goulding on fire more like it

Reply #848662 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McDaniel and Peatling are a strange starting pair. Froling on two fouls is going to be hard for hawks.

Reply #848665 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

CG heading towards 43

Reply #848667 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

CG43 my goodness

Reply #848668 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Refs keeping hawks alive.

Reply #848670 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Hawks are not alive.
(And the reffing has been fine IMO)

Reply #848672 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Melbourne could end up getting this by enough to end the battle for top spot.

Reply #848673 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Useless Hawks.

Reply #848688 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fair description Perthworld, it end up a non game.

Reply #848691 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yawn fest of a game. I'm ready for the playoffs now. This is all getting a bit mundane.

Reply #848698 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Yep, a whole lot of yawnfests the past few rounds. Just been a poor ending to the season. I think the cup was a terrible idea but they should have at least capped the regular season at the regular 28 games INCLUDING cup games.

Reply #848702 | Report this post

Chillbaby  
Years ago

Was at the game. Melbourne are so deep and extremely efficient. Killed Hawks in rebounds; Hawks missed a lot of "easy" shots which didn't help. Hawks had to work so hard to score whereas United had so many options and punished Hawks mistakes - including many offensive boards. Impressive by United and score didn't reflect dominance. Hawks vs Cats final (with Phoenix as dark horse)

Reply #848716 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

I can't agree more - never thought I'd say it but the NBL is boring me right now. The words "PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!" have popped up in my mind a few times recently. The upside is hopefully the playoffs seem even better than usual in comparison.

Reply #848732 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty much how we feel every time you post

Reply #848733 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

I won't ever get bored of the NBL.

But I had high hopes this year it would be super even given the loss of an import slot and the compressing of pays at the high end.

But this year ended up a 2 horse race pretty much from the half way hark.

Reply #848748 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:21 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754