Jack Toft
Years ago

Adelaide v Illawarra May 21

It's Adelaide last home game for the season and if the Sixers front office were smart they would be making sure there was a good supply of Giddey merch. Rip the numbers off the Teys jersey stock and iron on some 6's. Not since Joseph played SF for Bethlehem has there been a more exciting player. Whao, a Methuselah Rookie Card!

Illawarra have slipped into the top 4 but could slip out with a loss. With the human brick sh!t house Humphries out of the lineup, they should be licking their lips and fancy their chances.

Sixers won't want to go out on their last game with a whimper, but the Hawks won't want to drop 4th spot to the Kings.

Kiss of death goes to the Hawks

Topic #48524 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide's last home game is v Perth May 23

Reply #849024 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Giddey gone, IH done for the season - 36ers wouldn't expect to win anymore games tbh

Reply #849027 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't believe Adelaide is at even money. They’re trash! And what’s left of them isn’t going to be able to compete.

Reply #849031 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No contest here, hawks by a comfortable margin. Goorj without his two big name Australian players has done it again.

Reply #849040 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

I thought Joseph was a point guard.

Reply #849046 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nah. John the Baptist ran the point.

Reply #849049 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

It's criminal that you aren’t paid for this Jack.

Some divine intervention couldn’t go astray

Reply #849053 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Start

Paul
Dech
McVeigh
Pinder
DJ

Don't Paul and Crocker's minutes should be limited, play Hulland more.

Dillon and Teys should be asked to stay in pyjamas at home.

Reply #849068 | Report this post

Anonshitme2  
Years ago

Like to see purchase and mud and any other under 30 yesr club has. Get some experience into these guys... Mud must start one of only couple signed on for next season. Need to find out can he cope..get new Hollander into the rotation. And want some purchase on the court...
Nothing to lose lots to learn... park teys and Dillon....

Reply #849070 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Sixers will need Dillon. Ludicrously, he's the best point guard we've got left!
Gonna be a tough night unless Dillon can hold the fort with a little help from Teys and Mud!

Reply #849074 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Hawks by 8

Reply #849081 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't believe Adelaide is at even money. They're trash! And what’s left of them isn’t going to be able to compete."
Adel odds $2.18. Hawks odds $1.70. How is any of that even money Anonymous?

Reply #849114 | Report this post

Anonshitme2  
Years ago

Soxers are on...very impressive hawks very one dimensional
.. deng air balling
Great start Sixers...

Reply #849123 | Report this post

Ano  
Years ago

Good timeout. Stop the rot

Reply #849126 | Report this post

Ano  
Years ago

Rebound box out. Shit can't shoot can't play. Dillion is not the future.... McVeigh needs confidence. Play him..

Reply #849128 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you can see now why McVeigh doesn't get more time like all is calling for, he’s got better but still doesn’t understand defence or play strong defence.

Reply #849129 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Adelaide is a decent NBL1 side

Reply #849130 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cut baseline,free 2 points against us. This is a pathetic display on D and just listless on offense.

Reply #849134 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

That was embarrassing for all concerned. Gutless rubbish from the sixers.

Reply #849135 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Already down by 22 at the half.

Reply #849136 | Report this post

456gh  
Years ago

Glad I have a mask. To cover my eyes. Can watch this shit.. f.... get Muddy on. Leave Jack on the court. Why is he the scapegoat..

Reply #849137 | Report this post

Ant Man  
Years ago

Adel 28 at half time. Pathetic. Hand your head Henry Conner. Bye, Bye.
Owners. Hang your head in shame. #Sackyourself

Reply #849138 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

DJ will probably end up with another of his cheap 20 point games that he's built his career on and everyone will pat him on the back.

When you accept absolutely no defensive effort from your supposed best player shit like this will continue to happen.

Reply #849140 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Again, commentators, Hooley and homicide calling for Henry to call time out, if they followed the the would realise he didn't have any time outs left. Punters in lounge rooms would do better jobs. Australian commentary, to much chit, chat, follow the game and comment on that like the NZ guys do. It’s NOT that HARD for fu.ks sake.

Adelaide are rabble, there defence D grade.

Reply #849141 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack is part the reason, Adelaide got get some hard nosed workers, they are all pretty boys, get down and dirty.

Reply #849143 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Paul needs to do more

Reply #849144 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

Commentators talking up DJ saying "he is the type of player you go to war with" lol.

He probably is if you are on attack with overwhelming numbers......if you were defending your city he would be hiding in the cellar.

Reply #849145 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Lots of good wines in the cellar

Reply #849146 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

"Change the team up, put on guys that want to play, Isaac White"

“....wrong team”

Reply #849147 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Paul's crap, DJ is the captain of the club, the 'star' player he needs to put someone on their arse. The Hawks were running the same back door play, play after play...

Reply #849148 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Kelley/JvG/Henry/DJ

Amazing owner/GM/coach/captain combo.

Reply #849149 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

That three point attempt was a Crock-of-shite

Reply #849150 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I reckon this is the lowest the 6'ers have ever been.

Reply #849151 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Sounds like you have suppressed the Marty Clarke era lmao

Reply #849152 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Mahers grey hair may have been expedited by 36ers performance past few years

Reply #849155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sounds like you have your head in the sand KET (or up your arse) ;)

Reply #849157 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

23 mins into the game, down by 25 and still no Teys. I really feel sorry for him. Comments by commentators saying they (36ers) need some organisation, who better (with this line-up).

Just hearing he is coming in now.

Reply #849158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crocker and Paul are Prima Donnas , lmao re Johnson, good player yes but but in war no thank you.

Reply #849160 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Sooky anon is sooky

Reply #849161 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

God it is sad when teys is the great white hope.. this is such poorly constructed team. No future with teys Dillon. Aniel Johnson because no D in Johnson...expectrd more much moore

Reply #849163 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

We look like a different team running the benchies...

Reply #849165 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

Daniel Dillon is quality should have played way more throughout the season the savvy veteran

Reply #849166 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

All the Pinder hate needs to stop aswell he has proved to everyone in the 2nd half of the season he has what it takes to be in this league if you guys won't take him in Adelaide we will gladly take him in Sydney.

Reply #849168 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Full admiration for the way New Zealand have approached this game tonight..."
Liam I think said that!!!

Reply #849169 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Liam wasn't commentating

Reply #849171 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Nice bit of respect from Goorjian towards Casey there. Old school ftw.

Reply #849172 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great interview there with Goorj, top commentator and top coach.

To all the Gleeson baggers, as Goorj said, you do all your work before you get to the court, sometimes you just have to remind them.

Reply #849175 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ket can you read?
I said "Liam I think said that!!!" "I think" was the important part. Who commentated that game. Do you actually know? I had the sound on and heard it. I didnt see that part of the game. Please advise.

Reply #849176 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Jack Heverin, Corey Williams, Peter Hooley, John Casey

Reply #849178 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Also, again, lay off the alcohol

Reply #849179 | Report this post

Dreamweaver  
Years ago

3 more minutes and Adelaide would have snatched that one. Shame for our last home games but at least it wasn't the bloodbath I thought it was going to be. Great to see Teys on the court and Dillon proving with minutes he gives results. Adelaide needs to look more holistically at the roster and their development of it, not just of young players but overall. They lack the sense of a team.

Reply #849180 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

KET is right, the Marty Clarke era was way worse than this! We've actually got the core of a good team. Just got to hope management can finally land some elite imports. Childress the only winner we’ve had since Farley ffs!

Reply #849187 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide biggest problem is still defence, it's time for Johnson to go to the bench as a back up. They have the start of a good side but need a few more pieces.

Reply #849189 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Also, again, lay off the alcohol" So who made that comment Ket? Did you even watch the game? Jack Heverin (who ever he is) seems to be the culprit. THanks for letting me know.

Reply #849203 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Actually at times the Sixers defence has been a lot better this season. Humphries made a huge difference and Dech too. Second half of the season, Pinder has started to show defensive ability too.

The team's biggest problem is its lack of playmaking. That’s why the offence stalls all the time and has suffered a few blow outs. Find an elite point guard and a good shooter and I think this team is in good shape next season.

Reply #849205 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That was the easiest money to make off 1.80 odds. Crazy how much respect the betting agencies have for a woeful Adelaide team

Reply #849209 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

White > Mudronja

Reply #849218 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Completely agree Beantown - their issues are more offensive and to the extent it's defensive, it is when IH is not playing and all we have is DJ. Pinder when playing limited minutes and intelligently is great periods but not the entire game

Reply #849228 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:38 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754