Anonymous
Years ago

JackJumpers to make major announcement

https://twitter.com/tomhersz/status/1395600218700226563

Anyone know what it is? Player signing?

Topic #48586 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goulding to Tas? Or even more shock horror cotton?

Reply #849073 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Goulding re-signed with United to a 3 year deal in the offseason.

Reply #849079 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

And Cotton did the same with the Wildcats.

Reply #849080 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Major announcements often aren't very major

Reply #849083 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Kyle Adnam.
Gibbo (Capt)
Dan Trist
Venky Jois
Karena.

Reply #849085 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

They can't talk to anyone who's currently playing in the league until free agency starts, which will be a couple of weeks after the grand final concludes.

Reply #849087 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They can talk off the record, they can't announce anything. Believe me clubs are.

Kay had very limited minutes in his game in Spain during the week. He has averaged 8p 5.5r at 55% during the season, the 3 ball at 28%, on 26.8 minutes per game. If it’s Kay they can announce it now. They have been chasing him hard. Will be getting a lot coin though to get him out Spain, not Cotton money but excellent if my sources are correct.

Reply #849089 | Report this post

Bolt  
Years ago

KY played the most minutes of any player until the club changed coaches mid season - the new coach prefers stereotype 'talent' over our boy Nicholas...

Reply #849094 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

KY...yikes

Reply #849096 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kung Fu related?

Reply #849098 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes KR, of course clubs aren't, don't and never will talk to free agents before free agency begins. Hope the Easter Bunny left you lots of eggs the other month.

Reply #849100 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perhaps they're changing their name to something less ridiculous?

Reply #849102 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stadium Naming Rights

Reply #849106 | Report this post

Ant Man  
Years ago

Which Bank? No not that one silly.

Reply #849107 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

To state the obvious it will not be an announcement re a current nbl player, yep talks happening but will no announcements until after the season. Two possibilities - overseas player or naming rights sponsor of the DEC

Reply #849110 | Report this post

Ant Man  
Years ago

What player names have you heard about Scout? I have heard a few but I prefer not to name them here. ;)

Reply #849111 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Haven't heard anything Antman, intrigued with who they will be.

Jackjumpers have said repeatedly their budget is big enough therefore depends on who they target and who wants to come here

Reply #849115 | Report this post

Ant Man  
Years ago

OK. They have a great budget afaik. Roth is always at Chargers home games I notice. There is a fair bit of Aussie talent running around there. He is free to talk to all of them and before much longer the likes of Moller and Duffelmeir should be in Chargers Jerseys. ;)

Reply #849120 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Would you sign Moller and or Duffelmeir?

Reckon both are under rated

Reply #849121 | Report this post

Ant Man  
Years ago

Both Aussies. Chargers have a few good players right in their backyard to.

Reply #849131 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

If they did sign Moller, they should stipulate that he at least looks like he has had a shower

Reply #849132 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think either duffelmeir or Moller will end up there.

Reply #849133 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Moller and Dufflemeir are both available and will be in Chargers uniforms in 1 month? or less. Who else is available and better (from the post above?)

Reply #849156 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's not that, it’s I don’t believe Cairns will let duffelmeir go and Moller is the sort player that a few clubs will look at, his defence, rebounding and team play are invaluable.

Reply #849164 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dufflemeir has played in Cairns for 2 years and has had almost zero court time.
All of a sudden Kelly finds out The Duff can play.

Reply #849170 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

What is Sobey's contract situation? Asking for a friend.

Reply #849254 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

my silly guess is
fort wayne mad ants g league team are following the jackjumpers on instagram so maybe some kind of a friendship maybe

Reply #849257 | Report this post

MambaMagic24  
Years ago

It will be horror if Cotton leaves Wildcats to Jackjumpers, as I am a Wildcats fan

Reply #849301 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

The announcement will not be about signing a current NBL player, Roth has repeatedly said the player announcements will be June, July, and August.

Reckon it is sponsorship or DEC naming rights.

Happy if it is a player announcement doubt it though.

Reply #849303 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Naming Rights. It's been said here previously.

Reply #849304 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

How would DEC naming rights help the JJs?

I'm not saying it doesn’t just want to know how it would?

Who owns the DEC? State gov/council? Is LK leasing it? Does that mean sponsor money would go to LK?

Reply #849307 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think they would like to have announced a few not currently playing in Australia, I'm hearing no one is saying yes.

Reply #849308 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fail understand how anyone would know this. JJ's are cashed up and ready to go.

Reply #849322 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agents talk, ceo talk.

Reply #849324 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Even with money not sure many would prioritize going to tassie over other options.

McVeigh would be a perfect person to target tbh, offer a bit more time and money.

Reply #849327 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McVeigh, if he's the caliber player that Tasmania attract they’ll be in trouble. He can make shots at times but defensively is awful, though has improved this season but long way to go.

Reply #849329 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agents talk, ceo talk. Of course they do but not to anyone that would post here.

Reply #849331 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^ why not, everyone has friends in different paths.

Reply #849337 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Anon #308 ....interested in your sources.

Proof will be in the pudding, ie what players are signed

Reply #849342 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Unless they intend doing things very differently, I don't think they're going to start with non-key signings?? I'd have thought they'd want to lead with their foundation captain, and/or marquee(s)?

I obviously haven't followed their progress closely. Could it be a major team sponsor??

Reply #849370 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I'd have thought they'd want to lead with their foundation captain, and/or marquee(s)? I obviously haven't followed their progress closely."

Clearly you haven't because they have announced their 1st player signing a local nobody. The DEC sponsor will be the BIG announcement.

Reply #849377 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

LK Arena

Reply #849381 | Report this post

Dave Marshall  
Years ago

Spirit of Tasmania will be a principal partner of the JackJumpers for the next three years. The news doesn't appear to be on the NBL or JackJumpers websites yet, but I received an email with a link to the media release on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMmrMTns0oU

Reply #849404 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Any updates?

Reply #849405 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Principal Partner essentially JJ's naming rights/front of singlet?

Noticed they've got Mazda, Willie Smiths Apples on board as well

Then there's the $1mil per year by Tassie Gov

Reply #849406 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spirit of Tasmania already sponsor North Melbourne and the way the Tas Government's negotiations aren't going with North Melbourne maybe they have moved on from AFL.

As I said earlier Iwould expect it to be Arena naming rights.

Reply #849409 | Report this post

Dave Marshall  
Years ago

The press release doesn't specifically mention if it includes naming rights or not. Spirit of Tasmania have been a major sponsor of North Melbourne for a few years, specifically for when they're playing in Hobart, so I wonder if this has something to do with the contract between North/Hawthorn and the State Government being about to expire.

Reply #849410 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

JJs don't own the arena, wouldn’t make much sense?

Reply #849415 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The state government owns the arena and the spirit of Tasmania is a government owned company so it makes sense free advertising

Reply #849439 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Spirit of Tasmania Arena would be interesting

Reply #849441 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NO that won't be happening.

Reply #849468 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"NBL Owner Larry Kestelman is back in Tasmania to announce another major partnership for the Tasmania JackJumpers... this time with Spirit of Tasmania ... a 3 year deal... part of which will see the the brand on the front of the JJ playing top." Quote from Brent Costelloe. WIN News.

Reply #849469 | Report this post

Daniel Felmingham  
Years ago

Big news for the team but I wonder what this will mean for North Melbourne's sponsorship they have that expires at season's end.

Reply #849476 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopefully north Melbourne get sent back to north Melbourne.

Reply #849479 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I love this forum. JackJumpers announce a major sponsor, and everyone is completely mystified as to what that means and assumes it's naming rights for the stadium.

Reply #849486 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Naming rights for the stadium is a done deal KR. Its only a matter of time before its announced. I love this forum because you have to be involved in nearly every topic.

Reply #849516 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

There was an announcement today about the team getting a sponsor, which is what this thread is about, you moron.

Reply #849518 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes KR. We now that. The original speculation was what the announcement could be. Idiot.

Reply #849533 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Not everyone KR, I pointed out it doesn't make much sense for a JJ's announcement to be a stadium naming announcement, I just did it in a much nicer way than the standard KR line of "everyone knows nothing"

If there is a separate/additional arrangement for DEC naming rights, I think that would be effective and savvy IMO. Particularly with the State Gov ownership of Spirit of Tas, there is a synergy that can be leveraged.

Anon could be right, and if so, it's a pretty reasonable thing to throw into this thread, and didn't require the shoot down treatment.

Reply #849538 | Report this post

Ant Man  
Years ago

I am sure that once the DEC is near completion or completed the Naming Rights will be announced in conjunction with the JJ's.

Reply #849540 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I'm not particularly bothered by those who were speculating before the announcement, it's the people who were speculating after the announcement I was having a go at.

Reply #849568 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh you can't speculate once somethings been said because KR says so. Go away.

Reply #849575 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didnt you know KR is the all knowing all mighty who is holier than all others?

Reply #849576 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

"Clearly you haven't because they have announced their 1st player signing a local nobody. "

Yeah, nah. He's a DP.
Teams don't build a roster starting with the end of the bench

Reply #850040 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Radford just announced as assistant coach looks like that's it for stewie

Reply #850056 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a shame for Stewie

Reply #850057 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's a shame for Stewart but the biggest disappointment is for the fans, Stewart is mr basketball down there, Radford is Btas average coach at best. Roth had better no his stuff or this side is not going anywhere or attracting quality players unless they pay overs.

Reply #850058 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Even better if he 'knows' his stuff

Reply #850061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think people are underestimating Roth a fair bit bloke was assistant at few different nba teams has coached National teams I think his well qualified for the job would had preferred stewie to radford but so be it as long as Chris McCoy has nothing to do with anything jack jumpers related I will be happy

Reply #850065 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep former nba assistant nba coaches have done well here, not. Weaver the exception.

Reply #850075 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who would you have given the job to then ? Roth could be a great coach or could be very average we will find out soon point was he has decent experience at nba level and a season at Perth it's not like he was a terrible appointment

Reply #850082 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forde worked well didn't he. :) I agree. Henry Conner works well too.
Roth could be the new Connor Henry or a gangbuster. Time will tell. Player selection once again is the key to Roth's success.

Reply #850083 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Hate you break it to you, it's Tasmania, they'll have to pay overs for talent.

Reply #850084 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pay over for talent and still no announcements, Kay contract in Spain is over and he was going to be the marquee, still might be but I'm hearing players are waiting to see what happens.

Reply #850090 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Oh you can't speculate once somethings been said because KR says so. Go away.
What, exactly, is the point of speculating about what an announcement will be after the announcement has been made?

Reply #850091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have never struggled to get big name recruits for there cricket teams to go down to tassie and the chargers have always got good recruits down in the seabl I don't see budget being a problem for the either considering there government backed

Reply #850103 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Location location location

Reply #850108 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Yep anon 108 - proof will be in the playing list.

Tas is a good place to be

Reply #850110 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Tas is a good place to be

When you're in your roaring 20s Melb/Syd/Bris is a "better place to be" if you have a choice of "places to be". When you're older, other places factors in.

Perth are an exception because they're an exceptionally run organisation.

So, I dare say, paying overs is the way forward for teams like Tassie and Adelaide (like Humphries). Or, offer a player more guaranteed opportunity/minutes/substantial role than other clubs. (like Dech/Giddey).

If you want someone like Kay, you'd have to beat the top clubs who absolutely have $$$ at their disposal.

Reply #850111 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Middle to lower tier guys will be much the same. They often can't be too picky. Marquee guys on the other hand often multiple teams in the mix

Eg

Cairns

Reply #850113 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

JJ's have a massive amount od $$$'s to lure anyone.

Reply #850114 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As people are saying, they are going to need it to lure a marquee guy.
As good as kay is, I don't see him as a go to guy.

Reply #850119 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The chargers attract players due to the coach. I'm waiting with interest to see who they sign, yes they have big dollars but still got work with in cap limits. Every club has marquee budgets. Goulding is a Tasmanian and he stayed with Melbourne.

Reply #850120 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Of course Goulding would. Once he's out of contract will he?

Reply #850129 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Once Goulding is finished his contract with United he'll be on a walking frame. He extended at end last season long term with the knowledge Tasmania were coming in, it didn’t sway his decision.

Reply #850133 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Anon 133 maybe Roth does not rate the flopper

Reply #850137 | Report this post

Ant Man  
Years ago

Maybe Matt Knight will make a come back?

Reply #850138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Radford average BTAS coach" if you actually lived in Tasmania and had experiences wiith Radford, Stewie, Brereton etc. You would know that the real hierarchy of coaching ability is quite obvious.

Reply #850233 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep and it ain't Radford.

Reply #850243 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Roth was a good selection.
There aren't many Goorjians around.
Bringing in a Weaver or even a Henry runs the risk of lack of relevant local knowledge.
And if you're going to promote an assistant, who better that the Senior assistant at the Reigning Champions.
Roth is the best of both worlds with his still currents links back to the USA.

Radford seems like an ok pick for assistant?
Obviously he knows Tasmanian Bball.
They don't need a "Mr Basketball" as an assistant.
You don't get to be state coach without knowing who's who, and being able to surf the local politics. And that's partly what they need to compliment Roth.

Reply #850296 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks Dazz for your meaningless post for just trying to contribute from afar. Stick to what you know. Oh that's nothing.

Reply #850298 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Sat in a 'box' last night with Scott Roth at the Chargers game, can say that he has a passion for coaching and is happy with the way the franchise is developing.

Have to also say the young Chargers team that Stewie coaches with kids like Luke Brown (Ben's brother), Griffiths (16), Stanwix (Tas bball heritage), Roby etc get good minutes and play well in a very strong win. Will be interesting how they adapt with Moller and Duflemeir coming in a couple of weeks. Mines, Sapwell and White are all smart players who play hard.

Reply #850309 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I saw you on TV Scout!

Reply #850319 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Anon #319 you have unmasked Rex the Rhino!

Reply #850322 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Cairns makes Duffelmeir a priority to resign for next season, you would think that he would play for the marlins in the off season and continue to train with taipans. Duffelmeir will probably get more opportunities in Cairns than jackjumpers if jumpers are loaded. Moller is probably the same, where he signs next season is probably where he plays his off season, if he ends up at chargers though, it'll be fine, he knows the system and is very team orientated. Time will tell re Roth, I’m glad he impressed you though.

Reply #850324 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Anon #324 - who are you referring to re being impressed by Roth?

No doubt will tell, I have not said otherwise

Reply #850335 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Anon #319 you have unmasked Rex the Rhino!" (was) You were in animated conversation with Roth ;)

Reply #850371 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Anon # 371 your interpretive skills are right out there!

Reply #850373 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How so?

Reply #850377 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Anon #373 apologies might have jumped when not needed, been on the road for work this week and zonked. My bad.

Reply #850388 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All good.

Reply #850417 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@ scout.

How did you find Mr Roth, I'm hearing he has a very high opinion of himself.

Reply #850584 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How would you even know that? Based on someone met him and told someone who told you? So it must be true and you post it hear?

Reply #850590 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A lot more than one, that's why I’m asking someone who has met him.

Reply #850593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Amazing you would do this. Why bother?

Reply #850598 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why not, nice to know what's the head coach is like.

Reply #850619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BuT stEWie iS a NiCE guY

Reply #850621 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why does this forum attract so many idiots.? Why are they all in this topic.
Pretty sure Stewie is OK and kicking goals with any Jack Jumpers involvement. If Roth has a high opinion of himself who cares? How about support the team rather slag off the team.

Reply #850626 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was a question put to a person who has met him, you don't have to care but last I saw in this country we are allowed to ask questions and make our own mind up. I myself like people of humbleness, so if I’m going to spend my money I just wanted to have a feel on the coach. So politely mind you own business. It’s a forum, you don’t like what you read you don’t have to take part.

Reply #850628 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow. You post here so you might spend your 'money' on the Jack Jumpers if some anonymous person here thinks he isn't 'humble' Man you must be so much a micro manager and a twat. I have met Roth perhaps 6 times and I see nothing to think he is up himself. I know he is a hard task master and I certainly have far more of a clue about the Jack Jumpers than you will ever have. I am sure they will take your money and piss in your pocket. I hope you enjoy that and don't tell all your friends how important you are as a sponsor. Oh and if you decide not to sponsor based on a meaningless post from an anonymous person great! The Jack Jumpers don't need arseholes like you.

Reply #850637 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The post above probably shows why the jack jumpers are struggling. I'll take everything you have on board. Lol.

Reply #850641 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack Jumpers are struggling big time. Last thing I heard they hadn't even won a game yet.

Reply #850682 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great idea. Take it all on board. What package are you going to buy? Seats in the peanut gallery?

Reply #850692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm hearing Kay very popular amongst some big spending clubs, it’ll be a big scalp and cheque if he lands in Tasmania.

Reply #850731 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Of course. Nothing new there. They are funded by the NBL and Kestelman won't let them fail. The recruiting process will be up to Roth solely I would have thought. No one knows fwih.

Reply #850736 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:32 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754