Jack Toft
Years ago

NZ v Syd May 22

The tour around NZ continues with a game in New Plymouth. This time the Kings line up again for a rematch with the team who beat them two days ago. I thought they only had double headers on another island.

The Breakers led by up to 21 points but cruised to an 8 point victory.

Sydney have the potential to slip a spot with a loss, and the Breakers are playing for pride, or whakapehapeha in Maori. While the first game back was emotional for NZ, this game might not have the same emotion. I think not much will change in two days and while I would like to see an NZ victory, the game was probably worth 10 points, so this might be a narrow, narrow Kings win

Topic #48589 | Report this topic

Mystro  
Years ago

Rob Loe is out with an injury to his leg after a monster dunk attempt in traffic in the last game
I would expect Kyrin Galloway to be named in the playing roster as cover.

If NZ can shoot the way the did in West Auckland again it should be a Breakers W.
If Sydney can get Iverson & Tai Webster in early foul trouble it'll be a Sydney W.

It’ll be a big ask for NZ with Loe & Abercrombie not suiting up but Delaney and Randolph have been great at both ends.
NZ look better with WMW running the point and Tai & Corey playing SG IMO.

Reply #849224 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sydney have no cards left, nz will get this. Sydney will finish 6th behind Brisbane. Delaney on Martin last game showed a lot of where Sydney are.

Nz by 12.

Reply #849232 | Report this post

Kb_24  
Years ago

Overdo will play heavy minutes if loe will not play...over 6 rebounds..

Reply #849233 | Report this post

Kb_24  
Years ago

I mean iverson..

Reply #849234 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sydney have changed their offence from Ware, Martin being only allowed to shoot, they now allow Cook to shoot as well. Martha's 16 points at minus 9, his D is laughable, moved out of the way when WMW went in for a dunk.

Reply #849253 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lucky Delaney can't chuck it in the ocean or the game would be over.

Reply #849255 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

Great D from Bruce on Webster. The offense from NZ was so shite down the stretch.

Reply #849258 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crappy game that got exciting, Sydney got to many iso ball players. The small time cooks, Moller and Hunter played together kings look great.

Reply #849259 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Big guy for Sydney too good. Really disappointed with Tai Webster. He took it personally with Ware and came off second best. Low % shooter he plays too arrogantly for mine. Foul 5 a perfect example. The fastest player on the court doesn't fast break when opportunity was there instead he plays cutesy. Dribbles out from under hoop, not to shoot, but so that he can attack the hoop to make up not not doing it first time. Totally underestimating Cook’s foot speed.

Reply #849281 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:26 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754