Jack Toft
Years ago

Breakers v Sixers May 25

It's ChCh's turn to host the Breakers and won't the locals turn out. Christchurch is the sister city to Adelaide and that's where the civil talk stops.

Sixers are on the slide, but Breakers are on the up and when it comes to the chance to beat an Aussie at sport they leap like Springboks, except without the annoying accent.

All I can say is that the Breakers will be the Wizards in ChCh.

Topic #48606 | Report this topic

Mystro  
Years ago

I would expect NZ to get this at home.
Kyrin Galloway as expected has been named as Rob Loe's injury replacement.

Reply #849590 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Sixers have shown in the last 2 games that they just DGAF anymore.

NZB by 6

Reply #849591 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

NZ by however much they like. Infinity even.

Reply #849604 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good luck to breakers, hope they win well. Delaney coming off a poor game, Pinder could be in for a tough night.

Reply #849613 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I could see the Breakers looking to make an example of us tonight much like they did in the NBL Cup, just hope it won't be another 40+ point loss.

Breakers by 17

Reply #849623 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

was gonna be on tv sbs viceland, but i don't think it is, now..

Reply #849646 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Some dude painting instead.

It's on espn and sbsondemand

Reply #849657 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

McVeigh is getting a bit carried away with some of these silly shots.

Reply #849663 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Monotone SBS painting dude is more entertaining than the 36ers

Reply #849667 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

How many of these are on guaranteed contracts?

They are playing like they don't care about having a job next season

Reply #849669 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

I don't think Paul and Crocker are even interested in auditioning for next season's NBL contract.

Reply #849671 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

I don't think Paul and Crocker are even interested in auditioning for next season's NBL contract.

Reply #849672 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

How many of these are on guaranteed contracts?

Under contract for next season:

Humphries (option)
Johnson (2 years left)
Dech (2 years)
Mudronja (1 year)

Reply #849674 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WMW is putting up a very good performance, he has developed very well in his time in nz. He plays both ends floor and is smart and unselfish. Nz are very good and probably don't need to many changes for next season.
Sixers, oh my, yes McVeigh has energy and can score, defensively though gets lost. Johnson should come off bench next season. Both imports should go. I sometimes think Henry has the right idea but is scared of offending players, or his players are slow learners.

Reply #849675 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Who's option is it for Humphries contract?

If Humphries walked, I wouldn't be too upset.

When fit he is a Top 3 big man in the league.

But he is fit 50% of the time, I don't blame the Sixers for this.

But we have a sample space now, and we know what happens when we get injury prone people even the absolute stars. Eg. Josh Childress.

Reply #849676 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Honestly wouldn't even mind clearing out the squad and start as an expansion team.

Go hard for Kay and build around him.

Reply #849677 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big fine coming up for Shamir.

Reply #849678 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Who's option is it for Humphries contract?

Not sure but generally speaking with 2 year deals the last year is usually a team option.

Reply #849679 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

This is a young D Dillon at cairns playing his way into a contract surely

Reply #849680 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Yep Dillon is letting everyone know he definitely isn't done.

That Galloway dunk was huge.

Reply #849682 | Report this post

Kb_24  
Years ago

Breakers want to win next season they need to release the Webster brother or else they will not win..last year when c. webster went to overseas the breakers kept on winning and almost in the finals..my only my observation..

Reply #849686 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

But prior to going to China the Breakers saw fit to sign C. Webster to a contract extension, pretty sure he's under contract for another 2 years but I think T. Webster will be a FA at the end of the season.

Reply #849689 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Really love the way Dillon is playing these last 3 games, if in any doubt always back self-interest!

Reply #849690 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Paul puts a hole in the backboard lol

Reply #849691 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Humphries is a "mutual option" meaning he can leave if he so desires.

Reply #849692 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I think 'mutual option' is code for a small payout if the team declines to bring the player back.

Reply #849693 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Honestly there is a good chance we drop every game to the end of the season. All tough teams with hard travel.

Reply #849694 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

The lack of respect for Bob Ross in this thread is disappointing.

Reply #849696 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who do Adelaide keep and who do they chase ? Dech last month has been average as well.

Reply #849697 | Report this post

Never Ever  
Years ago

If Adelaide had a three point shooter they'd have won.

Reply #849703 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have to o say I have mixed feelings about the perceived lack of effort from the 36ers. Management effectively said the season's over by saying goodbye to Giddey with a month left in the season, after giving him the keys to the team up to that point. What does that say to the rest of the team - the season was about making Giddey look good with you guys just the support cast, and now he’s looking good for the draft, we’re closing the show for the rest of the season?

That may not be how the management sees it but the "season’s over" message was undeniable. Who can blame them for mailing it in for the rest of the season? At least they’re still playing the season out, unlike Giddey.

Reply #849704 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Dech is exhausted from the season. I'm a keen follower of Pinder’s progress. Zodiac this is the first time we’ve seen consistent minutes from Dan Dillon so perhaps like with Pinder, he needed to gel and find his place with this team. I’d like to see more of Mudronja and some minutes from Teys.

Reply #849705 | Report this post

Bolt  
Years ago

The same people hanging shit on Crocker are the same who hung it on Dillon all season. Classic stuff.

Crocker has been more than acceptable for the role he was recruited for - he hits shots and stays in front of people. As for Dillon, anyone who's done any actual research into him understands how messed up his body was last season, this season he has been playing behind Giddey so the minutes haven’t been there.

Morons want every import to be Cotton level when that’s not realistic.

Reply #849706 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

What does that say to the rest of the team - the season was about making Giddey look good with you guys just the support cast, and now he's looking good for the draft,

Well to be fair they effectively said all this by Giddey's signing. The Sixers knew they weren't going to be contenders this season so put their hand up for Giddey no doubt with the promise to start him/play him heavy minutes much like with the LaMelo Ball situation at the Hawks last season.

It was always going to be The Josh Giddey Show this season nothing more, nothing less. The surprising thing was we likely won more games than anticipated and remained in the playoff hunt longer than expected.

Reply #849707 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed re Crocker and same with people dragging Pinder. What was messed up with Dan Dillon's body last season?

Reply #849708 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Well to be fair they effectively said all this by Giddey's signing. The Sixers knew they weren't going to be contenders this season so put their hand up for Giddey no doubt with the promise to start him/play him heavy minutes much like with the LaMelo Ball situation at the Hawks last season.

I don't subscribe to this view.

We spent BIG to get Humphries, we chased Dech, we got decent priced import in Sloan, why bother if not to have a decent crack at contending?

Reply #849714 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Supposedly we did spend big on Humphries, helps to keep the fans coming to games if the team/Giddey is struggling. Dech the talk was we were the only team offering him a 3 year deal, decent long term investment probably on suitable money. Sloan? Who knows what he was on but being an NBA vet he wouldn't have come cheap.

The reality is though Giddey and his people never would've agreed for him to come here without the promise of starting/big minutes regardless of his or the team's form.

FWIW, given the circumstances this season I thought the Sixers put a reasonable team on the floor this season.

Reply #849716 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If true that Pinder was on 200k or more, I just don't see good investment there.

So season is where I thought Sixers would end up but supporters seem now happy with the team. It never changes.::))

Reply #849719 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

" who hung it on Dillon all season"

Who?

I don't recollect a single person criticising Dillon all season. He hasn’t played nearly enough to be targeted. I think you’re straight up making that up.

Reply #849734 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

697 do a straight SA swap
Hulland Mudronja out for White Rigoni.
Hulland and Mudronja might be good players in the future but they aren't ready right now.
White and Rigoni bring great defence and shooting and give the team instant depth.

Reply #849800 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

+1 to targeting White & Rigoni

Adelaide's offense often stalls, shooting percentages ~20-30%, lots of movement around the perimeter but very little success actually moving the defence around, passes picked off to the bigs etc.

"Solutions" there are:

#1 Hope to retain IH and that he doesn't get injured
#2 Make sure to give DJ the ball more consistently through phases of the game so he doesn't go missing - when on with IH he has a jumpshot that forces a big out of the key
#3 Target an import scorer + White + Rigoni to give consistent three point shooting so that if opposition cover off DJ + load up on IH that wide open threes are there with players who can knock them down
#4 Target an import distributor to replace Giddey that can work on pick & roll action with IH
#5 Use Pinder + McVeigh as "off the bench" sparks, give them defined roles
#6 If Dech is going to be working so hard on defence, find ways to get him more frequent quick rests so that it doesn't affect his shot on the offensive end - I think there is a fatigue factor to his offence

Reply #849803 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not sure if they'd have promised a starting role, but they could've carried him through decent minutes and had a viable team but for Sloan and injuries. If Sloan was a good option from the start, and Humphries was available in each game, I think they would've been around that Hawks' spot on the ladder.

Is it time to phase out DJ? Two-man data says he was good with Humphries, but otherwise not great at all. Would seem odd to push out a strong scorer when we're not going to be a free agent drawcard, but I'm starting to wonder.

Reply #849881 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

SBS -" The game will be shown in delay. we have to wait. "
"Wait faster.' I said.

How many of these quarters do there appear to be in a game?
Three (3) on MBL tv.

Anyways, NZ shot the lights out.
In the ole days, if a gun shooter
could shoot the lights of a candle out, he was considered a good shooter
and we adopted that.

Daniel Dillon is some kinda supa player

Reply #849896 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:51 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754