Musk
Years ago

Joe Ingles second in Sixth Man voting

Haven't seen a thread on either yet but the playoffs have started and there have already been some really good games and surprising results, what’s everyone’s predictions and general feel for each team etc

And also congrats to ingles and Simmons being named as finalists for the 6th man of the year and defensive player of the year awards also. Unfortunately ingles didn’t win his but I think Simmons should win defensive player of the year and overall great to see 2 aussies be named for awards in the nba

Topic #48608 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I think Gobert is considered the pick for DPOTY. Not surprised at Clarkson for his award. Would've been a few good options this year.

Reply #849558 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Simmons and Ingles both outside chances for awards but chances nonetheless. Top 3 for DPOY and 6MOY.

That's good stuff for Australia!

Reply #849560 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Also key contributors for two of the best NBA teams this season.

r/NBA's annual Least Valuable Player thread had Baynes as the worst in the league this year. Big drop off for him. Anyone know what contributed to that - injury, role in team, motivation, etc?

Reply #849561 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did Baynes have any longer term effects from his COVID infection? Long COVID symptoms?

Reply #849566 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I just don't think he's the right fit in a wing-heavy and athletic team like Toronto.

Reply #849567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where is the clown who was carrying on months ago that Patty would win 6th man hands down?

Reply #849569 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Maybe I was that clown, but Patty was playing much better back then.

Reply #849588 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The reveal of the Sixth Man award is pretty sweet, as a surprise with NBA on TNT interviewing Clarkson and Ingles. Ingles is wearing a Flamethrower Clarkson t-shirt. Spoiler below.

They ask them how many Sixth Man awards have been won by Jazz players. Clarkson says zero. Ingles says one. They ask who. Ingles pauses dramatically and then reaches out of view to retrieve the trophy and award it to Clarkson.

Reply #849658 | Report this post

Musk  
Years ago

To answer your question Isaac, I think his shooting slump contributed with his lack of athleticism would be why he struggled with the raptors, but may I ask why you changed the title of the thread? Just seems kinda random to do so lol

Reply #849841 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

I copped some heat for suggesting Baynes was lucky to get more than the minimum in the off season with my Raptors. This is one time I wish I wasn't right

Reply #849849 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:44 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754