Jack Toft
Years ago

Sydeney v Melburn May 29

My predictions have been woeful this round, this season but this is one not even I can choke on.

Melbourne to beat Sydney

Topic #48626 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's taking the imagination of the punters this game. ::)

Jack is right, Sydney had so much potential and still got a few good players but not enough. Melbourne by hopefully not to many so at least it’s a contest. I never thought the loss of Weaver would be off such magnitude, injuries as well but all sides have had them.

Reply #850349 | Report this post

Johnno  
Years ago

after forde was sacked sydney stopped playing ball, melbourne to win today

Reply #850383 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

This is the Kings last roll of the dice now 2 games behind the Hawks they have to win all of their remaining games to make it to the playoffs but losing to a Cotton-less Wildcats with Casper Ware going 0-11 on the night was really the end.

United by 9

Reply #850387 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That Jarell charge was the worst call of the season. Killed the Kings playoff chances and guaranteed united top spot. No doubt LV will let that go through to the keeper.

Reply #850402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is hopson done in the nbl

Reply #850403 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Double OT. Go Kings.

Reply #850405 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

LOL United.

Reply #850406 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice one Kings

Reply #850407 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

8 comments for a Double OT game?

Everyone self isolating?

Reply #850408 | Report this post

Bolt  
Years ago

That game in Perf next week is gonna be super fun.

Never thought I'd say it but Go Perf.

Reply #850409 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

I haven't looked at the ladder a while.

Can Perth climb on top of they beat United?

Reply #850413 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Yes. If Perth win out from here they'll finish 1st due to percentage.
(Feels like a very big IF, though)

Reply #850414 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

If Perth win out from here they finish in first.

Reply #850415 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go who ever plays perf

Reply #850418 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Is this the first double OT game this season?

Reply #850420 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

No.

Reply #850421 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

WTF is with Brad Newlwy's chin?

Every game he has multiple bandages on it.

Has he got a piercing there or something?

Reply #850422 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cracking game, good crowd and atmosphere for indigenous round, very good games from Vadonovic and Bruce, Moller rightly so declared the mvp, his ability to play team and defend all positions is valuable. Ware and Newley much better, not certain cooks was re injured, limped off and didn't return. Martin was good and his last foul was dubious at best.

United believe it’s their time, has a look of arrogance starting with Landale, and probably deservedly so. Sydney were just good today, Moller and Vadonovic were excellent defensively, McCarron just a little down hurt as them well, they have been away from there beds for a week. ::). Landale played well as did Hopson, baba would have been handy as well. Peatling I don’t think should start ahead of JLA, Goulding slightly down as well. They will still be hard to beat but they are not unbeatable.

Reply #850427 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

That was an unexpectedly wild and bizarre game, even before the end of regulation

Ultimately United not clutch enough, with Ili missing the wide open layup, then Landale 1 from 3 from the line

Kings need some results going their way but they're still alive for now

Cooks showed in that 1st half what Kings have been missing all year, I'm kind of hoping they get 4th as United vs Kings could be worth watching based on tonight and the whole season series

Bruce the star and Vodanovich the niiice cameo, who would've thought

Reply #850430 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LV did you watch the game, Cook was -15 yes good to have him playing. Moller got the mvp award, his defence was outstanding, rebounding as well, the little things.

Reply #850432 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Well things just got interesting again...

Can somebody please explain to me what happened??

The King's that just lost to the Cats, were beyond woeful. Lazy, disinterested, and insipid.
So who the f*** turned up to this game?

Did mu just get caught napping?

Reply #850433 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The kings were not so much hero ball, still to much by one or two but they actually played a lot more team.

Reply #850434 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

The +/- are an interesting mix, reflective of the wild momentum changes in this game

Sydney's 16-0 run was with CG43 and Mccarron off with foul trouble and Hopsom and Ili on court.

Reply #850438 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

I was at the game with all my boys. Casper is just a chicken offensively as good as he is on the defensive end we need a Machado type running the offence next year. I'd even take a Will McDowell and look to fill our import spots at the wings.

Reply #850441 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

Casper is a Chucker I meant not chicken

Reply #850442 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

Its game on for top spot things have gotten interesting again. The cats would be kicking themselves for blowing that game against the bullets.

Reply #850445 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

United 20 turnovers, JLA 7 of those. I mean it's not hard to see where the game was won. It still took double OT!!!

Reply #850446 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vadonovic, Newley got in the trenches with Moller, nothing flash just good hard defence and team play. Kings been to much one out stuff this season.

Moller 8p, 11r (7 offensive), 5a , 3 steels and 1 block. Very handy stats line.
Newley 8p, 8r, 3a, 1 steel
Vadonovic 13p 2r, 1 steel.

Reply #850448 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LV blaming the refs again.

Reply #850449 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Good to see Moller being more appreciated.

Reply #850450 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perthworld

To many supporters and commentators only see points and flashy stuff, you can understand supporters not being that knowledgeable but the commentary really should no better. It takes a squad of different talents to make a winning team, Gleeson and Goorjian understand it.

Reply #850453 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Good to see Moller being more appreciated." Moller should always be appreciated for what he does. Those that can't see how good a player he is are fools.

Reply #850454 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Moller and Vadonovic box outs last night were excellent, you don't get stats for those type plays.

Reply #850456 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No but you can stat all the extra stuff that doesn't appear on the stats sheet.

Reply #850457 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:13 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754