Anonymous
Years ago

Craig Moller signs in German league

Kings confirmed he won't be back next season

Topic #48735 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great news for him, not so much for the kings. True team glue guy. His injury the previous season really hurt the kings, crowd favourite as well.

Good luck to him, hopefully see him back playing some day. It's truly an amazing story, afl, nbl and now Europe.

Reply #854644 | Report this post

Bolt  
Years ago

They'll love his game in Europe. Concur, great story.

Reply #854652 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

And Newley wants to join 36ers.

Reply #854667 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Newley was happy at kings, told time to move on.

Reply #854668 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

If it doesn't work out he would suit Gleeson and the Wildcats perfectly. I hope the club at least made him an offer but couldn't compete with Europe.

Reply #854669 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He would be ideal to play under Gleeson, Adelaide probably would've suited him as well, I would not think he’d had to many offers from nbl clubs as season hasn’t finished. I believe JJ did contact him but balked at the money. At 26 and with a good money contract in front of him, I’d say he’s thought it’s now or never. My Croat mate recons he’ll be great over there.

Reply #854677 | Report this post

Bolt  
Years ago

He's not playing in Croatia.

Reply #854688 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Certainly heard CM was wanting a lot of money.

Reply #854708 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

That Croat is probably following multiple European leagues, including the German Bundesliga.

Reply #854716 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Germany and Croatia are neighbors, he follows the German basketball, a lot Europeans follow sports in neighbouring countries.

Reply #854717 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Good for Moller there is a ceiling here for a player of his caliber you wouldn't pay more than say $150k for him. But over there in Europe where big money teams are willing to pay good money for solid role player/glue guys if he puts his head down does alright for a year or two he might then be able to start getting offers in the $400k+ range.

There is no possibility of that happening if he stayed here in the NBL so good luck to him got to strike while the iron is hot.

Reply #854719 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:47 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754