TaipansTragic
Years ago

Landale rejects EuroLeague offer

Reportedly rejected a 'lucrative' offer from Anadolu Efes. Still hoping to pursue NBA opportunities. Assuming he performs at the Olympics, like he did in the World Cup, I think it could be very possible he is picked up by an NBA team. But I doubt it will be for the minimum, or anything less than that i.e Two Way or Exhibit 10 (G-League Affiliate). If he fails to make an NBA roster, will we see Landale back in the NBL, or is he more likely to take up a 'lucrative' offer in Europe?

Topic #48831 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Other than not being able to get a full nba contract wasn't the main reason why he came to the nbl due to the covid situation in Europe compared to that of Aus? If so then I expect he’ll do the same in aim for an nba contract and if he doesn’t get that then he’ll probably opt for a deal in Europe

Reply #857645 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Panathiniokos were also after him.
Likely over a mill a season, so no nbl team can compete.
If no nba, it's euroleague.

Reply #857648 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Aiming high.

Reply #857649 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

Potential to emulate Anderson's international achievements?

Reply #857655 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No

Reply #857657 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No he is not half the player a prime David Anderson was

Reply #857667 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anderson achievements, lmao. He's up there in getting media coverage though.

Reply #857669 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

'645, yes, COVID landscape has changed so you'd assume Europe would work better as a fallback now.

Reply #857672 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"COVID landscape has changed so you'd assume Europe would work better as a fallback now."

and he probably has been vaccinated as part of the Boomers' squad. So that would change his personal COVID risk, which would affect his attitude as well. Noting Europe is having a Euro 2020 related spike in COVID cases over the past week.

Reply #857690 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spiked cases is in non vaccinated punters, those vaccinated are fine. There is a message there.

Reply #857700 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Last time around he was reputably on the verge of NBA offers, but couldn't get out of his Euro contract. So presumably trying to avoid that this time around.
Could also be that he just didn't like Europe.

Reply #857750 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:10 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754