NBL1 Central: Men's Power Rankings Round 13
1. (+1) North Adelaide Rockets - 6 game winning streak including 3 against top 5 teams. 6 player rotation which may be affected by Dech injury. Not convinced they're favorites but certainly in form team right now. McVeigh's shooting is worth the ticket price alone.
2. (-1) Sturt Sabres - Without Griscti the Sabres had little inside to go with the Rockets outside shooting focus dried up opprtunities to get to the line. Still the most well drilled team in the comp, but cracks have appeared in recent weeks.
3. (-) Forestville Eagles - Bounced back from their North loss to comprehensively lockdown the Warriors. Big POTW game from Machar 30 & 21 in Brine's absence. Defence the key to their 34 point win.
4. (+2) Central District Lions - Got the win they needed and how. 13 point margin at the first break a sign of things to come. Another team with a lack of depth but Humphries and Diing continue to do plenty each week. Given the form of the Panthers & Tigers, Centrals would be realistically eyeing a Finals spot.
5. (+2) Norwood Flames - With a game to catch up the Flames are in theory equal with South & Southern. Didn't finish off the Mavs like others recently but a solid support group and spread of minutes along with Turnage who appears to be finding his role, 36 pts 15reb.
6. (-2) South Adelaide Panthers - Hulland fouling out left Mudronja to create most of the points for this side with couldn't find a way to stop a fast finishing Bearcats side (yes, finishing!!) Quiet games from support crew Hpoop & Brown. Good to see Ellison & Ciabattoni get back on the court in limited minutes. Just didn't have the energy this group rely on to get wins without Starling.
7. (-2) Southern Tigers - This is now a serious slide. After knocking off the undefeated Sabres and looking like everything is gelling the Tigers have hit a brick wall. Escaped at the Port, beaten at home by the struggling Panthers and now completely shot down by the surging Lions. Minus Coleman even L. Olbrich chouldn't help at the offensive end. Poor shooting % costly the Tigers in a big loss, both in margin and importance.
8. (+1) West Adelaide Bearcats - Finally finished off a game and got the win for their efforts. Young gun Fabian Johnson having one of his best games for the season with 21pts & 4 assists alongside Ross & Michaels. Finals are still possible with a game in hand as well but will need more 4 quarter efforts from here.
9. (-1) Woodville Warriors - Underdogs v the Eagles but the sheer capitulation from the start was disappointing. 32% FG won't get it done and without Jacobs this group need a lot more out of Stanbridge and Boonstoppel.
10. (-) Eastern Mavericks - Much improved performance by the Mavs, winning 2 quarters against a quality opposition. Young guys taking their chances and putting in solid efforts, hopefully signs of things to come.