Double Clutch
Years ago

Sixer crowd figures

Sixer crowd figures are on the rise this year. Today the official Sixers site has a statement claiming that the Sixers are averaging 5,500 fans to games this season.

In reality, the Sixers biggest crowd this year is only 5,375 against Wollongong. The real crowd average so far this year is 4,893 which is an increase of 124 people per game on last year's end figure. In reality this is more impressive than first thought as crowds increased last year as it got closer to Christmas with the biggest crowd last year being 5,600 against Brisbane (don't have last year's exact figures to back this up). This year's figure is down 588 people per game on the 2003/04 season average.

While the 36ers are moving in the right direction, and are getting people back to the game, I thought I might just fix what is a bit of a stupid claim on the official site. The Sixers should push 6,000 at some point and hopefully by finals time 6,500 should be attainable.

Just couldn't let the fact slip by that their claimed average is bigger than the highest attendence this year thus far.

Topic #4898 | Report this topic

EC  
Years ago

DC, the confusion could be between how many actually pass through the doors at each game as opposed to how many seats are actually sold. There's many season ticket holders that miss games for whatever reason but the seat is still sold regardless of the fact that they don't pass through the door.

Reply #56401 | Report this post

Ideas  
Years ago

They are trying to make their figures look better then they really are cause of the person looking to buy the team

Reply #56403 | Report this post

igotmadskills  
Years ago

purchasing a team is a bit more involved than over-stating the crowd numbers.
its obvious when you are at the games this year crowd numbers are up, the back sections are alwayspartly filled, last season they were practically empty.

Reply #56404 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

I get the feeling last season they may have added to the figures to make them better than what they really were, and this year the figures are real hence why 4,800 looks like a lot more than 4,700.

Reply #56407 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

There has been a reasonable turnout to the home games this season and i think that it will be good for the club if they can get 6000 fans filling the stadium before the playoffs... anything after that would be a bonus

Reply #56521 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:04 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754