Anonymous
Years ago

Hawks sign Harry Froling

Hawks making a lot of nice additions

Topic #48982 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Olgun:

Harry Froling has signed a one-year deal with the Illawarra Hawks, sources told ESPN. @Liam_Santa flagged Illawarra as a potential landing spot for Froling last night.
Harry's problem has long seemed to be discipline, so you'd think him finding a spot under Goorjian is a good chance for him. That said, virtually any job in life requires some level of self motivation and discipline and he might need to build that up to survive unless Goorj is literally in his house hassling him every morning and night.

I reckon it's a cheap one year deal to prove himself and then hit the free market or negotiate with the Hawks after that.

Reply #861810 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Hawks looking good and five minutes later and they mess it all up by adding him.

Goorj isn't going to put up with him, how long until he gets released?

Reply #861811 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Let's not forget the Hawks are providing Harry with a car - which was an exclusive hoops.com.au scoop.

Reply #861813 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

6'0 T.Trice(i)/6’1 E.Naar/6’0 L.Dent(dp)
6’4 T.Harvey(i)/6’2 I.White
6’5 J.Simon(i)/6’6 D.Grida
6’11 D.Reath/6’11 H.Froling/6’11 A.Gak
7’0 S.Froling/6’11 A.Ogilvy

That leaves only a next star possible signing if simon is back.
No doubt a sg.

Reply #861814 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Unless a dp sg.

Reply #861815 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is a good signing, he has talent and can play, will get the clip over the ear from Goorj when required, the ball now in Harry's hands.

Hawks clear favourites now.

Reply #861816 | Report this post

Just a fan  
Years ago

Love it perthworld

Reply #861817 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

People saying he can play really didn't watch the Bullets last year

Reply #861818 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about Jessup is he coming back

Reply #861821 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

It's not so much about Harry I doubt Goorj or the Hawks really want him there it's likely more about buttering up Sam to keep him there.

Reply #861822 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

I really thought we needed another shooting wing option or 4 man back up - AKA Timmy C.

Perhaps there's still room for Tim if Emmett gets more opportunity as a back up 1 elsewhere?

One of Harry's main deficiencies is his foot speed. He can be really exploited defending on balls. But I have faith in the Goorj & I'm sure he'll know all this & Harry will have to bust his ass to earn his minutes.

Reply #861824 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

I am SO happy he's not coming Cairns.

Reply #861825 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

He has a lot of potential, but getting a clean start and not capitalising that much in Brisbane isn't the best sign.

Reply #861826 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

That's a good team

Reply #861827 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When is the preseason gonna start again?

Reply #861828 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

At least Mrs Froling has to barrack for only one team next season

Reply #861829 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Goorj keeping busy.
Just goes to show how the fortunes of a team can turn around.
Wouldn't be surprised tto see them in the GF next season.

Just hope the people of Wollongong get off their arses and support their team. Need to start building the crowds up. Hopefully they can push towards 5~6k at every game.

Reply #861831 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Perfect spot for Harry. If he can't thrive under Goorj (and having his bro there also might help) THEN I'm willing to finally write him off altogether. Jury is still well and truly out on him, but it's a good gamble for both sides.

Reply #861834 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not good for Gak.

Reply #861835 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goorjian won't tolerate his attitude,can’t see him playing more than 10 to 15 minutes in this lineup & that is if he is fit. Harry needs a change with his work ethic & Goorjian can help him with this, so this is probably a good spot for him to go

Reply #861836 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I certainly watched him in Brisbane last season, had some shit games but also showed a lot in some games, got the mvp in one game. Goorj will sort him out. One year ago every one was laughing how much a bum signing Ogilvy was, he had his best season in years.

Reply #861837 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

An upgrade on Darling.
Might be motivated playing alongside his talented younger brother.

Wonder what kind of car he gets.

Reply #861839 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Must have been so inspiring to have played under Joey and LeManis.

Reply #861841 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

One year ago every one was laughing how much a bum signing Ogilvy was, he had his best season in years.

Ogilvy had the worst season of his career last season.

Reply #861843 | Report this post

Beach Baller  
Years ago

Is Ogilvy signed up?

Reply #861844 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes

Reply #861845 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ogilvy was great last season, do you think Goorj resigned him again this season because he's a good bloke.

Reply #861846 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another Hoops Scoop. Close source says the car is actually being provided by local KFC, guessing it'll pay for itself within the year and turn profit by time playoffs start!

Reply #861854 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Surely it's the local Hungry Jack's since they're an official league sponsor.

Reply #861858 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why do you think KFC got in early?

Reply #861862 | Report this post

Beach Baller  
Years ago

Bairstow still there?

Reply #861865 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is it the same person here who keeps saying AJ was awesome last season?

Tbh he was average and certainly didn't set the league alight. Good teammate sure. Vital player not so much.

Reply #861868 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fat shaming of a female athlete is huge no-no.

Male athlete all good.

Reply #861869 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jeez there are some seriously retarded people here. The crap posted about Cambage, Harry, Patterson and more is so insulting, yet so inanely childish.
This place is becoming more ranker than usual.
Elevated privileges now to stop those same retards getting Isaac in trouble. Sad days indeed.

Reply #861875 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

"Fat shaming"

Is it "fat shaming" or reflects a conditioning expectation on athletes?

Reply #861890 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's Fat Shaming.

Reply #861897 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

It's not fat shaming when you're on an advert showing your workout and implies that you're elite and trying to make the NBA then evidence shows that he's this generations Chris Blakemore, rookie of the year followed by an improved second season both for Adelaide and then lucky to make rosters after that an fizzling out fast.

Real shame but as said above atleast he has a super talented brother (and sisters).

Reply #861899 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's the same excuse people give when young women who wear crop tops and short shorts/skirts get sexually assaulted, either verbally or physically.

They asked for it right?

Reply #861900 | Report this post

BeeGee  
Years ago

All, I will now take credit and accolades as appropriate for dropping that hot news that Harry is now provided with a car as a part of his contract.

Whilst I don't know exactly the make or model, sources tell me, much like the fulli sikk KFC merch going around at the moment (hats, shoes, shirts etc), it very well may be a KFC sponsored car.

Reply #861906 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

BeeGee needs to move to Tiktok...better age demographic

Reply #861907 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BG must have posted that when he was in the Centrelink queue.

Reply #861908 | Report this post

BeeGee  
Years ago

@Scout and anon, do I smell jealousy that you didn't find out HF was moving on first, WITH a car in his contract?

Sorry you both can't be on it like I am.

- posted from my desk at work.

Reply #861910 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep. The Centrelink office.

Reply #861911 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's a professional athlete. His body is what earns his money. If he doesn't like it, try a salad or be out of a job very soon. Lucky to have this opportunity.
It's simply telling the truth.

Reply #861923 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Strange his body isn't outta shape that's the point.

Reply #861925 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Every one is in lock d, there is no centre link queue. People who have full time jobs these days are the lucky ones.

Harry will be fine, it's make or break.

Reply #861930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Every one is in lock d, there is no centre link queue. People who have full time jobs these days are the lucky ones."

You have contradicted yourself so many times.

Reply #861933 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Has this actually been confirmed?

It seems a bizarre signing?
Given they already have Reath, SFroling, Ogilvy and Gak. Not sure how adding another Ent is going to help.

I assumed with Daring moving on that they've freed up a spot for a forward?

I'm not saying Olgun's wrong, it just seems like a strange fit

Reply #862033 | Report this post

BeeGee  
Years ago

Confirmed 5 mins ago! I knew my sources (i.e. myself) on Harry selling his car were correct.

Reply #862129 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Gak doesn't seem to be quite a rotation player yet, whereas the lesser Froling is a serviceable backup option. Sam's obviously on track, so they might have figured that getting Harry near him would be advantageous. And you'd be brave picking against Goorj.

Always got the impression Harry just misses a bit on discipline. If he had an imp on his shoulder constantly dictating his intake and training, it would pay off.

Reply #862131 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

IFF Harry does perform well next season with Goorj coaching, would he be better off staying with Goorj though, rather than trying for a richer contract elsewhere?

Reply #862219 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

If it works, that front-court is going to trouble a lot of team. On paper though it looks a lot less mobile.

Reply #862222 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Whilst it could cause headaches for opposition coaches and players I thought the same thing about Brisbane last season when they got Harry and how along with Harrison, the had enough fouled to give and keep Hodgson playing hard the whole time he is on the court... with the Four or five giants they have at their disposal, they can play a bit like the Goorj of old and have three players foul on the one possession and only one gets the call type antics and create a real intimidating presence along with the speed of Those around them on court at any one time, it could be a real tough assignment and one I look forward to next season.

Reply #862288 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:17 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754