Mat B
Years ago

Spain Japan.

Japan hanging in early in the 2nd after a good start from Spain.

Despite Spain's size, Japan are playing with great defensive intensity. Loving their fight.

Baba playing well so far.

Topic #49007 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't doubt Japan like fiba has done.

Togashi should be starting over tanaka.

Reply #862731 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

I've never seen a player so short in a professional basketball game before - the PG who came off the bench for Japan.

After a horrid start by Japan it now is competitive.

Reply #862732 | Report this post

Mat B  
Years ago

Id like to see Japan snag an upset, but this 12 point run by Spain suggests it's unlikely.
Their execution is too good for Japan to contain.

Reply #862733 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

19-0 run. Japan aren't up to this level.

Reply #862734 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Togashi is 5'6 and was on g league rosters and earns 1 mill + in b league.

Reply #862735 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Japan fought back, Spain played bench a bit.

Who ever gets the medals will have earned them, 4-5 very good sides.

Reply #862744 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Spain 'did enough' to lock this win away but I wouldn't call it an impressive win by any means. Japan made multiple runs at Spain and while the outcome was never legitimately in doubt, they let one of the lesser teams in the competition right into it.

Japan was impressive in as much as they could be, with their fight and making the most of what they have. Togashi is a bit of a marvel in that he's able to make some sort of impact at 5'6. He played some pretty decent on-ball D, and made a few big plays for Japan. Hachimura seemed to really believe in an upset and was the catalyst for Spain bringing Rubio on the floor again I believe. They had to take it off cruise control to end the game.

Seeing this game makes me less concerned with where the Boomers are at at this point of the tournament. Spain's offense looked reasonable but they were playing against a small, unathletic team. The Boomers offense looked stagnant but they were playing against a much better team with superior athletes. It could be said that maybe Australia is ahead of Spain right now given the apparent issues Spain had shrugging off a far lesser opponent? Sorry to make everything about the Boomers but that's my main interest in watching the other games - seeing how we stack up.

Anyway, when Rubio is off the court, it looks like Spain struggle to get into their stuff. Rubio is very much THE man that makes the Spain machine run. Look to see other teams try to deny him the ball.

And in other news, Marc Gasol has clearly enrolled in the Harry Frolling school of diet and conditioning under the expert 1 on 1 tutelage of Lamar Patterson.

Reply #862745 | Report this post

Frogmanbaby  
Years ago

Commentator: "He brought the crowd to its feet, but we don't have a crowd."

Classic.

Reply #862748 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

"And in other news, Marc Gasol has clearly enrolled in the Harry Frolling school of diet and conditioning under the expert 1 on 1 tutelage of Lamar Patterson."

That's quite offensive to Marc. He's been a chubby professional longer than Harry's been out of nappies.

Reply #862828 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:09 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754