Anon
Years ago

Sandy bro deli has royally stuffed this one up

I think it's cya later Sandy

Team is all sorts of wrong and not because of cambage

Team lacks more than can age I think heal and Nicholson should have been in the side.

Cambage would have helped a lot also.

Topic #49036 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes

Reply #863804 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Everyone coaching member and staff should be shafted.

Reply #863808 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Sandy bro deli.

Reply #863810 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Apologies for my spelling errors ... I've had a few tins tonight

Reply #863811 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Don't be, it's actually a pretty epic typo.

Reply #863815 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This failure can't be accepted

Reply #863817 | Report this post

KWhite_Rulz  
Years ago

Some epic shooting from Ohea

Reply #863832 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goodbye sandy.

Reply #863839 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Team selections costing big time.

Reply #863847 | Report this post

Red84  
Years ago

We had no right to get as close as we did. Dreadful offence. Dreadful defence, always out of position, with bigs chasing down driving guards. 2pts and one. Hopeless.

Reply #863853 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

poor tournament for deli and delly

Reply #863855 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

She'll get the job next year because ba is a disgrace.

Reply #863857 | Report this post

Red84  
Years ago

Belgium played well and we lost. China was organized but otherwise unremarkable. Yet we still lost. How many heroball drives by ezbery, taking on a 6ft8 centre, that missed?

Reply #863862 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

TEAM FOR NEXT YEAR...

Seebohm
A
A

P
P
P
P
P
Talbot
P
Allen
Magbegor
P
P
P

Reply #863863 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Plenty said it when she was appointed, how can you have a head coach of a national team who doesn't live in the same country, sent her husband who wasn’t part of the appointed staff to coach in her place for worlds and you can see he still has way too much to say in this now
She’s one of Sterlings BFFs wasn’t appointed on merit and right now makes Joyce look like he was an ok coach lol
Time for huge change at BA and no more overseas coaching appointments

Reply #863864 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

15 and 10 record as the number #2 team in the world.

Worse than anyone in 30years.

Reply #863869 | Report this post

Red84  
Years ago

I think Australians are overly enamoured with WNBA, thinking that game style there suits Fiba. I don't think so. Aust plays most of its off between the 45s and struggles to penetrate the 3pt line, let alone the zone. And when we do, the drive is too often heavily defended and the shot look is crap. Not enough high low action. Our off screening is of poor quality (and we don't set enough).
That last play from China was so fucking obvious- size advantage with 2 bigs on the low block....painful to see it all unfold.

Reply #863870 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The team does look in disarray. But it would be very hard to have planned for your team around someone like Liz Cambage only to have her pull out at the literal 11th hour.

If it were up to me, I would never want to see the likes of Cambage and Simmons in the green and gold again.

They obviously hold no value whatsoever for the national team, in particular the team mates.

Good shooting by Ohea in the end, but I wished Ezy and Ebzery would not miss so many layups. And the team free throws and rebounding.

Reply #863871 | Report this post

Giacontigers  
Years ago

Really hard game to watch. Was awful from both sides. So many turnovers and easy misses. Fiba tournaments always seem to disappoint.

Surprised the referees didn't replay the last call. Is it just me or don’t they do replays in World tournaments.

All calls at the end need to be checked. Could be make or break for the Opals. Opals did deserve to lose though. Sloppy on the defensive end. They better learn from this game, because they’ll need to smack Puerto Rico.

Reply #863872 | Report this post

Red84  
Years ago

Completely agree. I don't want to see "transactional Ben" and Cambage in the national team. In Cambage's case she has major drama queen syndrome - turns every game into a group therapy session for her "issues". You have to love your country to play, it is that simple. Huge man love here for Patty.

Reply #863875 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

Hate cambage all you want but we stink without her.

Reply #863878 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With her we are #2 in the world
Without her it remains to be seen what the number is but it is increasing by the day

Reply #863880 | Report this post

SPECTATOR  
Years ago

talking about Cambage? I heard in radio about Cambage a..licking Nigerian team and bad wishing Opals in her online comments (probably to make all aussies sick). I would be not surprised if she as half Nigerian start to play for Nigeria. I really have feeling that it soon happen to punish "whitened Australia"...
I have no comments about last match, another sad chapter. New coach needed.

Reply #863881 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spain World Cup 2018 - silver
PS5 - Ebzery, Talbot, Aullen, George, Cambage
Nigeria win
Argentina win
Turkey win
China win
Spain win
USA loss

Home Friendlies 2019
PS5 - Mitchell, Ohea, Allen, Magbegor, George
China win
China loss
China loss (behind closed doors)

Asia cup 2019 - bronze
PS5 - Mitchell, Ohea, Allen, Magbegor, George
Phillipines win
New Zealand win
China loss
Chinese Taipei win
Japan loss
South Korea win

Asia Olympic qualifiers 2019
PS5 - Mitchell, Talbot, Allen, George, Cambage
Chinese Taipei win
India win
Japan loss

World Olympic qualifiers 2020
PS5 - Mitchell, Talbot, Allen, George, Cambage
France loss
Puerto Rico win
Brazil win

Las Vegas exhibition 2021
PS5 - Mitchell, Talbot, Allen, Magbegor, George
USA win
Nigeria win (behind closed doors)

Tokyo Olympics 2021
PS5 - Mitchell, Talbot, Allen, Magbegor, George
Belgium loss
China loss
Puerto Rico ?

Reply #863882 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shows you sandy has done nothing to combat quicker teams.

Reply #863884 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

If cambage was white the opals would embrace her

Reply #863893 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cambage can't play for Nigeria

Reply #863895 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah, same with Mitchell and Magbegor

Reply #863896 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What 12 ?

Opals 2022 SYDNEY - 2024 PARIS

95(27-29) 5'6 T.Mangakahia PG
98(24-26) 5’6 M.Rocci PG
01(21-23) 5’6 S.Heal PG
93(29-31) 5’8 T.Lavey PG
88(34-36) 5’10 S.Whitcomb CG - new captain / vet leader
90(32-34) 5’10 K.Ebzery CG
92(30-32) 5’10 R.Cole SG
02(20-21) 5’10 J.Melbourne CG
90(32-34) 5’11 T.Madgen CG
94(28-30) 5’11 A.Wilson SG
96(26-28) 5'11 K.Wallace CG
93(29-31) 5’11 L.Nicholson G/F
97(25-27) 6’1 A.Sharp SF
92(30-32) 6’2 A.Kunek SF
92(30-32) 6'2 R.Allen CF
93(29-30) 6’2 S.Blicavs CF
94(28-30) 6'2 S.Talbot G/F
94(28-30) 6’2 D.Garbin PF
96(26-28) 6’2 K.Froling CF
98(24-26) 6’2 A.Maley CF
96(26-28) 6'4 A.Smith PF/C
97(25-27) 6’4 M.Mckay C
98(24-26) 6'4 Z.Aokuso PF/C
99(23-25) 6'4 E.Magbegor PF/C
94(28-30) 6’5 C.Ernst PF/C
96(26-28) 6’5 L.Scherf C

Reply #863899 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you choose tough players that give 100% most of the time...
Can shoot, handle, defend, pass, move, direct

2022 will be close to…

Heal
Rocci
Whitcomb (c)
Wallace
Nicholson
Talbot
Kunek or Blicavs
Allen
Maley
Magbegor
Aokuso
Scherf

Cambage obviously ended due to her attitude.

Reply #863900 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Surprised the referees didn't replay the last call.
Replay it for what?

Reply #863902 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was a foul, george had a hook on her ffs.

It should have been Ezi on li,
George can't leap over a pencil.

Reply #863903 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

https://www.hoops.com.au/forum/41202-brondello-announced-as-new-opals-coach/

At the time, she seemed like a good choice. The experiment didn't work well enough, now to try someone new.

Reply #863908 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

f cambage was white the opals would embrace her

What a load of bollocks...… her attitude and bad behaviour has nothing to do with her colour( by the way she has as much "Anglo Saxon “ blood in her veins as she does Nigerian

She's toxic to everyone around her

Reply #863909 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Sandy's head was too full of WNBA thinking, which needs a few stars like Cambage to succeed.

I don’t feel she was able to make the transition to FIBA ball well enough. Having said that, that’s where she should have leaned heavily on her assistants - I don’t know how much she did that.

Reply #863914 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woody, please never post here again.

Reply #863923 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As much as people are sick of Cambage, to be honest I'm sick of people going on about her. Her priorities are not playing for Australia, get over it people. Vast majority of nation would want to play in Olympics, she's not one of them.
What if one of the Opals slipped in change rooms and were out for rest of games, would say it's a shame, move on with it and expect someone to step up.
Only tuned into second half against China, and they were obviously the more desperate. If it wasn't for Magbegor with some big plays in last quarter and some tough threes, China wins by 10 or more. Good thing is have a target winning margin against Puerto Rico, just have to win each quarter by 10 plus.
Instead of whinging who isn't there, other players need to step up and hopefully a better game plan is put together. If not, have another review at the end and find someone else to take over, hopefully out of left field that will make basketball decisions based on merit, not reputation.

Reply #863924 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

" that will make basketball decisions based on merit, not reputation."

I'd go further - based on being appropriate, not just on merit.

Being good in the WNBA doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll fit into a FIBA team. And being rejected by the WNBA might mean you’re better suited to a FIBA team. (So I’d bring in Shyla Heal early because of her potential, even though she has only a limited track record at top levels to date.)

Reply #863927 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Please give it a test on Shyla Heal, she was NOT and is NOT ready for this level YET, same as she wasn't ready for WNBA

Can she play - hell yes for her age
Does she have potential - hell yes ( but so do lots out there given the right opportunities)
Is she Opals material - most likely but not right now

She has a long way to go before she can lead a team, Mitchell regardless of what you say about being too old too slow etc, has a leaders head on her shoulders , and is still the best we had for these games
Sadly Australian basketball has this penchant for bringing in imports in PG spots instead of developing what we have here and that’s led to this short fall

Reply #863932 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If cambage was white the opals would embrace her
I don't buy this at all.

Reply #863940 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shyla is way better than Lavey. She should of been selected for Tokyo.

Reply #863941 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heading into 2021
The team with Cambage should have always been

Heal
Ebzery
Whitcomb
Nicholson
Ohea(c)
Talbot
Allen
Blicavs
Smith
Magbegor
George
Cambage - without the drama before Tokyo - Tolo the reserve

S5
Whitcomb
Talbot
Allen
Magbegor
Cambage

Ebzery
Nicholson
Ohea
Blicavs
George

Heal
Smith

Curren team...
6 players were innaus and 6 in the USA.
Sandy decided to go with the previous team irrespective of form due to chemistry. She's says this in press conference against the u.s
What a moronic decision that turned out to be…. After already losing almost half your games since 2019 with that side.

Sandy has got to go immediately,msomyoo goriss, cha,bees, Olaf and all associated.

Reply #863945 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mitchell was woeful, certainly didn't lead the team against China, came off the bench. That’s exactly what Heal should have done, she can hit threes. Nicholson should of been there ahead of at least a few players, she plays defence, passes the ball and can score, all things sorely missed by the current team. Mitchell’s defence was so bad, I’m still in shock. The squad just was not right, again to many mates act.

Reply #863950 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol Woody, what a ridiculous comment. I don't think we could have tried to embrace her more. A narcissist will never be happy, and that's exactly what she is. Do you really think we wouldn't ideally want a 6ft 9 very good player on our side? Give me a break. People really need to stop enabling her.

Agree we should stop talking about her though. She doesn't deserve the air time.

As for Sandy and the lineup, it would be very hard with Cambage pulling out at the last minute. Their whole system would've been set up around her. I do think there needs to be some leniency there. She may have selected a slightly different lineup had she had a crystal ball.

As for Heal, agree with the person who said she isn't ready yet. Disagree with Nicholson too. I think she's a great WNBL player but not international. The one we needed was Whitcomb since we struggle to score so much without Cambage.

Reply #863952 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sandy is done, enough of the bs. Her record is 10-25% worse than Joyce, maher, Stirling and Graf.

Reply #863957 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The defensive positioning was inadequate on the last play. We should have players leaning towards the paint to avoid that situation.

Reply #863963 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Players are old, slow and most have no ticka, no desire.

Brondello -cut
Lange -cut
Chambers -cut
Goriss -cut

Mitchell -cut
Lavey -cut
Ebzery -backup
Madgen -cut
Ohea -backup
Talbot -starter
Allen -starter
Blicavs -backup
Smith -cut
Magbegor -starter
George -cut
Tolo -cut

Reply #863964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sandy picks smith in the draft over ezi, after 1 season stops playing her almost completely in opals and Phoenix. Now is 12th women and Ezi is a starter and by far the better talent, Phoenix must be pissed.

Reply #863965 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I love reading all the comments from the expert coaches on here. I'm so happy to be around such knowledge

Reply #863966 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#966, no problems, I'm glad for you.

Reply #863967 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#966 - Sandy brondello

Reply #863968 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To the ill informed person who thinks hating on Cambage is a race issue, think again. Last I checked Macbegor is darker skinned than Cambage and she is highly well received. Plus I do think she will form the core of the Opals in the not too distant future.

It's not about race. It's how you treat your peers and your uniform.

Reply #863970 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Even the day she pulled out, O'Shea and Coach came out and said they wanted to give her a big send off.

Reply #863971 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WTF sort of english is highly well received?

Reply #863972 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#967 #968 you're probably like the vast majority of keyboard warriors who are F clueless. But hey, good for you.

Reply #863974 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#972 At least it is not rude English. Do you really have to drop the f bomb. Surely if you don't understand "well received" you need to go back to school.

Reply #863977 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#977 tissue princess

Reply #863978 | Report this post

Crackers65  
Years ago

Oh woody, you are an absolute F'WITT.

Reply #863981 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For me it was the defensive concept against China. The on-ball defense was shocking, the match-ups were all at see, not sure who was the coach on defense?

Offense had not flow to it, all iso actions. Ball movement was not there.

The team just didnt have a flat out guard scorer, where was the scorer?

Did we hang on to the previous group to long and not make some hard calls and push out some 30/32+ age players? My thinking is yes....

I know that Cole was focusing on 3x3, but she is a scorer, Nicholson is a scorer, Heal is a scorer, Whitcomb is a scorer.
Mitchell had a shocking WNBL season, and it has continued in the WNBA season, shouldnt have been picked.

Selecting players in form would have been a better then picking on reputation!!!

Maybe this problem comes from our COE and development programmes... In the past great periods most athletes stayed in Australia and never when to college, is this process hindering our national team????

Reply #864028 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

COE is a joke. Move to Melbourne ASAP.
Opals/Boomers coaches need to be hands on involved going forward. Give our best juniors a reason to stay, an advantage into the Senior Oz teams. They have to play in a tough competition. Big wins aren't helpful. Girls to WNBL, Boys to NBL1 South. Pathway from COE to WNBL/NBL.

State HP are generally horrible. Short term selections.

Current BA staff have failed. Maley, Stirling, Narcis, Haynes need to go. Lonergan and Menso's roles need serious review. Fill the numerous empty positions (plus the added ones) with the best people. Go head hunt. Don't play politics.

Won't happen but would certainly improve things.

Reply #864043 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

966/974 please stop drinking. Seriously, calm down and get help.

Reply #864083 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

966 why does someone need to be an expert coach to have an opinion?
So by your logic I'm assuming you have no opinion about Scott Morrison because you've never been the prime minister yourself?

Reply #864095 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Asia cup is on at the end of September.

Perfect time to change the coach and squad before next years WC.
WC qualifiers start in january too which we auto qualify as hosts.

That gives us 5-7 games asia cup and 5-7 games WC qualifiers + friendlies to make adjustments before sydenynwc.

Reply #864199 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like Opals need to win by 25 to qualify.

Korea would need to beat Serbia by a few to upend this.

Reply #864250 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

USA beating France could see the margin down to 20.

Reply #864251 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

We're so lucky that we are the last game and so will know what we need to win by

Reply #864307 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Puerto Rico are going to try spoil the tourney for us.

It's 1 of Canada, France or australia that are out of 1/4s

3rd place
France +21 vs USA 1-1
Canada +7 completed pool play at 1-2
Australia -17 vs Puerto Rico 0-2

A win by 25 gets us past Canada, France will lose pd against usa but how much?, hopefully 25+

Reply #864310 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

300 grams of sliced Hungarian beach volleyballer please, and don't stuff it up this time.

Reply #864335 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Unfortuntaly Sth Korea didnt take their chances late in the game v Serbia.

Nigeria could still beat Japan which would likely mean Australia just has to win. It would make the final 8 teams a bit tougher as France or Canada would stay in.

Anyway if Australia sneaks into 3rd place, then they will likely cross over against Spain or the USA in the quarter finals.

If Nigeria can knock Japan out, then Australia would still have to play USA or Spain, since Belgium and China would be the other 2 teams from Australia's pool.

The only other way to avoid the Spain/USA option is if France (+25) beats the USA and Belgium beats China (+44). Then the options would be France/Spain/USA.

If the USA beats France by 15 and the Opals beat Puerto Rico by 25 then France would be out.

So still quite a few options in play, but the Opals have a very tough draw in the quarter finals.

Reply #864533 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Basically, just win by 25 ...

Who were the best scorers in the wnbl and wnba?
Oh wait, Nicholson, Cambage and heal top 5 in league. Plus Whitcomb killin it in Europe and wnba.
None of them are on the team. Talbot injured too.

Reply #864534 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let's just get behind the team we have now. 25 is a gettable margin today with the team we have

Reply #864537 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed. It is what it is. Now is not the time to hold a review of the team. Lets support them like every other Olympic team has been supported.

Reply #864538 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

France keeping it tight with the usa means we now have to win by 25pts. Maybe a tad too much rae though other teams beat them by a bit more.

Reply #864597 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

25 pts over pr to 1/4s it is

Reply #864602 | Report this post

JB  
Years ago

Anyone watch the end of the France vs USA game? How thick was the commentator? France does not take a shot at the end and the players look well happy with the result, but apparently they'll have to wait for Australia’s result to see if they go through and it "doesn’t look good". Learn to count mate, or at least go by players reactions!

Reply #864606 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah budget comentators. Should have known Canada are the team on +7 and France +10

Reply #864608 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think we will get through Imo.

Would have to defend ly very good on oneill and shoot well.

Reply #864610 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We ain't making it and even if we do, whoever is up next is a level above.

Reply #864611 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

China about to beat Belgium.

Reply #864646 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

I haven't watched the game so this is a genuine question - did Belgium try their hardest to win?

They were sooo good against the Opals, so what happened?

Reply #864648 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

So we need 25 points to overtake Canada?

Reply #864649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes

Reply #864650 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes they did Hoopie

Reply #864651 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

China beat pr by 42
Belgium beat them by 35

I think 25 maybe too much given who we don't have and how poor we have been on d

Reply #864652 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stirling will only appoint female coaches. Chambers must be next in line unfortunately.

Reply #864691 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seebohm, chambers lost in Asia cup

Reply #864697 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If not Chambers, Hibbert.

Seebohm is too male for the role.

Reply #864703 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stirling will only appoint female coaches. Chambers must be next in line unfortunately.

What a load of shite! The only other female HC of an Aus team (male or female) is Tracy York. Seebolm most recent Uni games, Herbert just boarded a plane to Hungary as HC of U19's (with 1 female AC & 1 male), and of course every single one of the coaches on the men’s/boys side (all HC’s & AC’s) are men. Stirling is in charge of all of it. If that’s her favouring women then women are in big trouble

Reply #864705 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Women coaches for Women's teams. Didn't think I needed to clarify.

Reply #864708 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No women coaching on the boys/men's side & a whole bunch of men coaching on the girls/women’s side. Not sure what you’d be clarifying there champ

Reply #864724 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Perhaps the Opals might get through to the quarters.

Reply #864725 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Anyone know what will happen now with regard to the Opals and Brondello? Will there be a BA review?

Reply #866937 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Good question. I'd like to know this as well.

Logical tenures for coaching staff would be based on olympiads.
After losing a year to Covid and therefore only having 1 year until the Women's World Cup I could understand them deciding that this is not great timing for a change, but I'd like to hear something from someone after our Tokyo fail.

Reply #866978 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

She got the contract to Sydney WC I believe.

Reply #866981 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sandys team for the WC in 22

Mitchell 37
Lavey 29
Ebzery 32
Madgen 32
Ohea 35
Talbot 28
Allen 30
Smith 26
Magbegor 23
George 33
Tolo 33
Cambage 31

Reply #866983 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cambage lol

Reply #866985 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

BA review will be Jackson who is close to Bro having a coffee with Stirling who is close to Bro. Anyone under them will just do as they say. Jackson said on twitter that the girls deserved a BRAVO

Bravo @aus_opals tournament hard fought. Bit of work to do before our #FWWC2022 That may well be the platform we need to take it to the next level. Love you all and so proud of you, you represented us well xxx

Then when someone pointed out the obvious said it was subjective. they will do what they want to do and no one will mess with LJ or Jan

With all the respect in the world Lauren, we were a rabble throughout the tournament. 1 wins from 4 matches totally unacceptable.

Lauren Jackson AO OLY
@laurenej15
·
Aug 4
Replying to
@SMadden56
and
@aus_opals

Subjective

Reply #866991 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I'm torn on that one.
I have nothing negative to say about any of the players who represented the Opals with pride in Tokyo. We will always debate who should have been there, but once they hit the court it's nothing but support from me.

But IMO they were not put in a position to achieve success in Tokyo. So "Bravo" sounds a bit hollow coming from one of the administrators who let them down.

Reply #867000 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Agree, Luuuc

Sounds too much like "it's not a race"

Reply #867038 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How did the women's program get so bad so quickly?

Reply #867081 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Jan Sterling is what's wrong with BA women’s program, that and the fact they give green lights to anyone who has connections with her in the past ( or their kids) .... BA needs a huge clean out , starting with Sterling and Maley ( WNBL is a joke and that’s his area )
Jackson whilst she had pushed for better conditions fir women’s basketball, she’s still very much a "jobs for the boys" selector … not what you know but who you know , the best will never be represented while they continue to operate like that sadly
Bro deli should never have been appointed coach, an Australian coach needs to be IN Australia, and the players need to come here for training camps not cater for the coaches location at huge expense

Reply #867088 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

#088 Stirling and Maley get to travel the world whilst they keep an overseas coach, if this was Aus Post the PM would be screaming in question time, RIP Christine Holgate. It is a pigs in the trough situation, and I am sure LK loves it as the price goes down every year they stay in charge. They are certainly loyal to their own but they are like an 80's AFL club with jobs for the boys and girls

Reply #867118 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:38 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754