RR
Years ago

What will latest lockdown mean for Big V season?

Where does this lock down now leave the Big V

Straight into finals?

Big V surely can not just leave it as is and pull the rug out from underneath everyone so close to getting the season done.

Topic #49116 | Report this topic

koberulz  
Years ago

Did we really need a fourth thread about this?

Reply #867831 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

We need more kobe

Reply #867842 | Report this post

will be interesting to see if its just cancelled whole season now or will play finals in mid sept played over maybe 2 days or 2 weekends. dont even know if that would work?

Then if thats not possible to get on court for finals series you just call season off then as void or declare current top teams the winners

2021 really sucks but essentially thats the hoe and away season done now anyway as finals were starting first week of september

Reply #867843 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just move the rest of the season to a location in Caulfield and say it's an Engagement party. Zero chance of being fined.

Reply #867844 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Word is Big V are going to make sure it's completed before end of year. Probs straight to finals

Reply #867863 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

then there needs to be some time to practice, 5 weeks of no sport straight into finals is to much

Reply #867865 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We will know next Monday

Reply #867916 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big V want it done and finished. They will not risk it dragging on.

Word has it that
- Straight into finals as soon as lockdown lifts
- There will be no training period (this will be similar to last time)
- With the unpredictability of the when the next lock down will be - the finals will be one weekend (semi's Sat and GF Sun)
- Ladder will be calculated by win %

Will definitely have finals.

Reply #867936 | Report this post

Gman  
Years ago

Straight from my club Big V season finals for top 4 teams will occur for everyone Yay!!!!!!! More info coming in next couple of days on big v

Aiming for 11/12 sept all finals played on one weekend across several large metro venues selcted by league to give best shot to complete them and regional teams will travel down for weekend.

a reserve week will be used I think the next week 18/19 sept if not able to play 11/12 sept or clubs arent able to train during the week leading up to finals. which makes sense to ensure we can at least train together once or twice before playing finals fgames.

Well done big v - aim for the stars !!!! we all need hope and what a brilliant plan and news for us all.

Yeah a block of training would have been nice longer than a week but we could be waiting until october or later for that lol

But bad news will be 18-19 Sep the cord will officially be CUT on the season . Fingers crossed this doesn;t happen but at least we have hope again and Big V are doing what they should be doing giving it the best shot to get the seson complete rather than just giving up!!!!!!

I put this on other threads to- so before u start anyone whos negative dont play if you are worried about inhjuries or things ike that- no one is forcing you to play !!!! But last time i checked i play for my team, my mates and my own mental haelth in just getting on court so I am grateful for this small window potentailly and will start my training and focus now! Id suggest u do same u negative ones out there on the other threads on this topic lol

Reply #868005 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big V have decided against having everything at MSAC and will be hosting their final 4 weekends at regional hubs to avoid home court advantage.

Ballarat
Bendigo
Shepparton
Geelong
Latrobe

It is also more likely there will be lighter restrictions in regional areas relating to number of people allowed in venues.

Reply #868087 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Um not sure where you are getting your information from or are taking the piss but Big V have already announce the finals information

Reply #868093 | Report this post

T  
Years ago

Anon, you are right they have.

They have said they are having the SF on Saturday and GF on Sunday.

There will be no homecourt advantage. All neutral venues and will host both the SF and GF of the same division.

Word has it these venues will be regional.

Reply #868096 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Did you read the media release? It says metro. They aren't tendering to regional clubs.

Reply #868102 | Report this post

T  
Years ago

Yes they say that now... Wait and see what happens.

Trust me discussions are being had.

Reply #868106 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's not fair to country associations everything is always in Melbourne

Reply #868108 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Yes they say that now... Wait and see what happens.

Trust me discussions are being had."

More chance of it not being held than being held in regional.

Reply #868118 | Report this post

EXCITED  
Years ago

All announced peoples!!! On game day

Due to the extension of Greater Melbourne's COVID-19 lockdown restrictions until at least 2 September 2021, all scheduled games of the final two regular season rounds (Rounds 22/23) have unfortunately been cancelled. (Cancelled games count as a game played for all players on both teams rosters for finals qualification purposes)

With that in mind, all divisions/conferences will now proceed to a Top-4 finals series. All finals will be played at metropolitan league selected venues only and completed over a single weekend of 9-12 September 2021 (time of games/venues TBA).

If in the unfortunate case Victoria or Metropolitan Melbourne continue to endure Government restrictions in which basketball is not able to be played as at 11:59pm Monday 6 September, the finals series will not take place on the scheduled dates and will be postponed to the 'reserve week' of 16-19 September in attempt to complete the season.

If restrictions continue in this way as at 11:59pm Monday 13 September, the 2021 season will be cancelled with no team declared winners.

These deadline dates are in place to ensure athletes are provided an opportunity to train together in the week leading up to the finals commencing.

While the league would like to provide a more extended training opportunity prior to the commencement of finals, we do not have the luxury of additional weeks to complete the season. The overwhelming response to the 'latest completion date' for the season was 18-19 September, via survey response.

As we are mindful of concerns that some associations may have with the minimal window to return to train prior to finals, in the event a finals team does not wish to participate, the fifth placed team on the ladder will be promoted and given the opportunity to play finals if they choose to.

Reply #868189 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:00 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754