RobT
Years ago

Dec 3rd announced as Season Start

Just heard that the season opening is a double-header on Dec 3 with Tas v Ade in Hobart as "season-opener" and Per v Bri in Per.

Details nbl.com.au/news

Topic #49306 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Now with a 10 team league are we still only going with 4 playoff spots?

Reply #873466 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

There is a full, regular-season schedule on NBL site but stops at Round 21 (late April). I did not see any answer to that question.

Reply #873470 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

They are hoping that there may be a trans Tasman bubble by that stage and NZ may be able to have home games so there is a degree of flexibility to the schedule later in the season.

Reply #873477 | Report this post

Giacontigers  
Years ago

Finals series hasn't changed it looks like. Thought NBL would expand their finals. More finals the better. There’s always high attendances in finals. Just makes the season boring if you know your team can’t make the top-4. Teams may be eliminated mid-season. Great idea NBL, just let the big city teams keep dominating like every every season. Reckon Perth will win again, wow.

Not really surprised because the league hasn’t changed it’s format since 2010. But I know in 2009 they had elimination finals for teams who were seeded 3rd to 6th.

Reply #873619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm super excited as a Hawks supporter for the season to start. I'm hearing a import announcement within 48hrs and confirmation Jessup is returning. The Hawks are stacked this year.

Reply #873651 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

" There's always high attendances in finals"

Semi finals are notoriously empty for some reason - but yes, I’d have preferred top 5

Reply #873652 | Report this post

Giacontigers  
Years ago

Strangely your right, semis don't have the same feeling as the Grand Final.

When the NBL had quarterfinals it was very popular in the 90’s. While ago from now which is sad. Lot different teams have come and gone too lol.

Has the NBL officially said if they’re 100% certain they will stick with the same finals format?

I haven’t seen any articles about finals in NBL22.

Reply #873663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

None of the NSW and Victorian teams to play outside of NSW/Victoria until New Year's Eve. Notably, no games in Perth for those four teams until Melbourne to play there on Feb 18. Presumably tactics to give time for the other states to re-open their borders to people from NSW and Victoria. Smart scheduling.

Reply #873704 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:55 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754