Tracey
Years ago

Teampay - is it worth it for junior domestic comps??

I have been approached by the guys from Teampay about swapping our club over to them for payment. I have met online with them and while it seems great there seems to be a strong onus on team managers and or club admin stepping up.
How have other clubs that have swapped over for junior domestic found it? Do players / families like it? Any problems?
Thanks

Topic #49326 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Depends on what system you are replacing.

It's less income for the comp. As they take their cut. Not worth it IMO

Reply #874041 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it's brilliant for senior comps, team captains no longer have to chase up their teammates for transfer.

Reply #874046 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon - that's not true.

The consumer pays the cost, and it is negligible

We have moved across and never looked back. Made cash handline on game nights a non-issue and comp nights super smooth now.

Reply #874048 | Report this post

Tracey  
Years ago

I probably should have added more info to my question, sorry.
We currently have players (juniors) pay for the entire season upfront before the first game. Our league doesn't charge game entry.
We don't need to chase anyone for money as its paid before game one.
I know some families would love to pay weekly rather than all at once, but, I feel like to please a few families I am making more work for team volunteers.
Is teampay a lot of work for team volunteers??

Reply #874052 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#048 I understand the consumer pays but that money they pay isn't going to the comp its going overseas. Neglibible for each individual, but in total it's not.

Reply #874060 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes, but it's not deducted from the total comp fees, so they would never be paying it to the comp anyway..

Reply #874063 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So they just pay more to make the comp staff job easier. Either way its money going out of the sport to a private company. Future sports admins will scrap it for a better system keeping money in the game.

Reply #874064 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

If you are already paying upfront and it works don't go to teampay as then you are putting an extra job on TM every game.

Reply #874149 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:03 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754