MC
Years ago

50 points in a game

Everyone seems to be talking about how close Dusty was to getting 50 in yesterday's game but I'm keen to hear about anyone who has managed to break the 50 mark at any level of the game.
I've seen a few, biggest probably a 58 in div 4 Mens about 3 years ago, 53 by Michael Humphreys in a Church ball game and 51 by a young Brad Hill for Heathfield High against a rep. side from Manchester.
Anyone heard of higher than these?

Topic #4936 | Report this topic

m dizzle  
Years ago

One of my under 12 div 1 teammates Jack Martin scored 50 against Centrals. 50 points in under 12s is a good effort regardless of the opposition

Reply #56760 | Report this post

S  
Years ago

I managed 52 in a social game at Morphett Vale a few years back. I have never run so much in my life. It was layup after layeup.
The opposition wasn't too fantastic although. Still, its no 58 right?

Reply #56761 | Report this post

vnbozza  
Years ago

I Remember doing it once in a high school game in year 9 at Immanuel- the hall was been renovated so we had to play outside in the rain - I knew I had played a good game, but was amazed when I saw the score card.

I also have vivid memories of Jason Williams scoring at least 50 in some Mens Reserve games about 10 years ago when he started training with 6ers - The guy was a machine, shooting threes and dunking in traffic and was unstoppable - pity he could never 100% transistion his game over to the NBL.

Reply #56762 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Molitor had 59 in a game last year, mid 40's at the half!

Reply #56764 | Report this post

Lommax  
Years ago

Chris Mellow 71 points v Adelaide Southern a few years ago.

Adelaide outscored Chris 78-71 for the game.

16/24 threes is still an ABA record for the central conference.

Reply #56767 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I scored 112 with Robert Parish in NBA Live '95 on the Super NES in a 1 on 1 duel against Brad Philp whose main man was Chris Dudley.

Reply #56769 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

ah the memories of NBA Live on SNES Browny, gold! go roster player from chicago!

Reply #56772 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How about Jye Watson's 50 against Eagles last season in ABL, that's a damn good effort against one of the top ABL teams.

Reply #56773 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ron nunnerly for woodville seabl in 1991?

he averaged 56 points over the six games he played

his offensive rebounds were double his defensive ones.

very accurate shooter

Reply #56775 | Report this post

BlackDog  
Years ago

I vaguely remember Al Green scoring 61. Have a feeling it was NBL and not district ball.

Reply #56776 | Report this post

CPD  
Years ago

All Time individual scores for the NBL:

71 Al Green (West Adelaide) 25/5/84
61 Shane Heal (Brisbane) 23/09/94
60 Andrew Gaze (Melbourne) 11/07/87
59 Andrew Gaze (Melbourne) 27/07/91
58 Andrew Gaze (Melbourne) 20/09/86
57 Wayne McDaniel (Hobart) 18/08/89
57 James Crawford (Perth) 06/09/87
55 Leroy Loggins (Brisbane) 03/05/87
54 7 players tied

This was correct at the end of the 2001 season anyway.

Reply #56777 | Report this post

Meaks  
Years ago

I played in a game with Darren NG when he was at Woodville against Norwood about 2 years ago at Marden when he broke 50. Actually i think he may have broken 60!!! Could not miss!!! Great work Daz!!!

Reply #56778 | Report this post

He Got Game***  
Years ago

There was a social game last year at Noarlunga Lesiure Centre where a mate of mine scored 75 points in the game.

The 36ers heard of this and he got to try out with them for a day. Channel 10 came along snd filmed it and he was on the sports report for that nite.

Thats was pretty amazing.

Reply #56781 | Report this post

connecta  
Years ago

Three weeks ago I had 48 in a summer season reserves game. Missed 3 foul shots so should have cracked the 50.

Reply #56784 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jye Watson 50 points one game, 48? I think in another he's a gun. Nice lad too.

Reply #56786 | Report this post

Bill Walton  
Years ago

56 in a Div 4 Loss agains Forrestville, 1994 i think

Reply #56790 | Report this post

Meaks  
Years ago

Hey Bill Walton were they all post moves with a few hook shots thrown in there for good measure???

Reply #56793 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dont forget Wilt Chamberlin who got 100

Reply #56804 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Remebr daniel lalic last year scoring 52 against forestvillie in u18 1 thats a good effrt at that level of basketball

Reply #56809 | Report this post

go panthers!!  
Years ago

i had 52 in A grade social at morphett vale about a year ago. 10 threes were raining down. and shane i heard u missed 5 free throws u choker!!! ;) jye can play, but got quite an on court attitude which he does go on with after the game in the experience i know a few people have had with him. but damn that quick release has given me nightmares

Reply #56811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i saw a kid go for 60 something up at blackwood rec centre a few years back - almost all on 3's!

Reply #56813 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"There was a social game last year at Noarlunga Lesiure Centre where a mate of mine scored 75 points in the game.

The 36ers heard of this and he got to try out with them for a day. Channel 10 came along snd filmed it and he was on the sports report for that nite.

Thats was pretty amazing."

That was Coops wasn't it? For the record people you'll find this man filming some games for the 36ers. Saw him at the Wollongong game down courtside under the backboards filming.

Good bloke and he's got game.

Reply #56815 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no, it was Holmes. D.Holmes (no relation). Played up in the hills last season.

Reply #56816 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lalic got 50? Last week I kept him to about 2 pts.

Reply #56817 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

I think I was at the Nunnelly game where he got 76 and from what I remember he had over 50 in the first half!

I seem to recall that Fred Hertzog got some ridiculous high score in an ABA level game just before he left the country.

In social ball I saw a guy named David Takovich get something like 65 points. A dude called Adam Wright got 60 one day and I don't think that there was a three pointer anywhere in there.

I got 51 in 2000 in a Tuesday game at Golden Grove (but I think we won by about 87 points, so it doesn't count for much).

Reply #56818 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://hoops.com.au/sa/i.cfm/forumlist/3249/

Reply #56820 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i got a 48 in primary school....i was devastated i coudnt get that half century which had also illuded me in cricket thats season....the average score for a game in that age group was about 20 points so i really was on fire.

Reply #56824 | Report this post

rasheed36  
Years ago

darren ng had about 24 at the half in that norwood game. had about 4 in the 3rd 25 i think in the last.

Reply #56840 | Report this post

Rodman  
Years ago

one of my guys dropped 48 on last wednesday night againest Torrens Valley 21 in the last quarter

Reply #56870 | Report this post

Northerner  
Years ago

I reckon Dazzy loved playing against Norwood. I think he had 57 in 2003 and 52 in 2004 against them.

Reply #56872 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Coaching Under 14 div 5, had a kid score 48 in his first district game against Forestville.

Also coached Josh Owen-Thomas in Under 10s and can't remember if we allowed him to break 50 but he was in the 40 point range pretty often.

Reply #56899 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HOw about Deanna Smith, didnt she crack the 50 points? in 2004?

Reply #56938 | Report this post

MC  
Years ago

I'm sure Deanna Smith did, against Southern Tigers if I'm not mistaken.

Reply #56942 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

ursula from woodville girls 16's got a randon 53 point game last season.

Reply #56947 | Report this post

ShutUp!!  
Years ago

MC,

It was 51 points, 27 rebounds & 11 assists. Earlier in the season, she also scored 49 against North at Hillcrest

Reply #56963 | Report this post

He got game ***  
Years ago

Yeah Man it is Coopz, he's a gun. And yeah he is the camera guy for the 36ers games aswell. Not that tall and has a sweet jump on him to.

Reply #56986 | Report this post

Sir Spark  
Years ago

I pulled a random 63 pointer in yr 12. It was mostly lay-ups and put backs...occasional 3's and a rare dunk.

"he got game"...i saw the article of this coopz character...there is no way in hell he was trying out for the 6ers...and the original article itself widely talked about as rubbish throughout the bball community.

Reply #56994 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

who's going to do it in the NBL now there's no Leroy or Gaze? Any bets?

There's been Helms, Bruton, and Rychart who've come close - but will anybody crack it?

Reply #56997 | Report this post

The Cheap Seats  
Years ago

Don't have exact figures, but I am sure former Pioneer Damien Anderson shot over 70 for Southern Districts in Qld ABA some time ago. Correct me if I am wrong but I think it included 21 3's - some sort of record.

Reply #57507 | Report this post

MC  
Years ago

Thanks ShutUp!! I do recall being at that particular game where Deanna Smith had the 51, 27 and 11. Purely unstoppable, Tigers had no answer for her.

Reply #57534 | Report this post

ANSWER PLZ  
Years ago

cheezburger is gavin from woodville isnt it?

Reply #59613 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cheezeburger is from Woodville.
But it is not Gavin

Reply #59624 | Report this post

peckas uncle  
Years ago

adam peck in a DIV 2 silly season game, the whole team kept feeding him the ball like him eating PAD Thai at Wok in a Box

Reply #59646 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was 60 points well earned, and I dont like eat Thai food. Get it right unc

Reply #64367 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:20 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754