Anon
Years ago

Adelaide 36ers to sign Cam Bairstow

Topic #49386 | Report this topic

Zodiac  
Years ago

We just signed Hyrum Harris this can't be right, surely?

Reply #875717 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Harris o play the 3 it seems.

Reply #875720 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I remember at the Hawks Harris was an undersized PF the guy was chunky and strongly built, he couldn't play any position on the court other than the 4 IMO.

Reply #875721 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Matt Logue is "genuinely" accurate

Reply #875722 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Well I was wrong about Sixers management, looks like they will take risks.

They must know that Bairstow is back fully healthy again and ready to contribute.

Reply #875725 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I've got no doubt it's legit it's just so insane as to be unbelievable. Who's signing these players a 10 year old? The roster composition leaves a lot to be desired.

Reply #875726 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mccarron pg 25-30 mins
Hannahs sg 20-25 mins
Withers sf 20-25 mins
Johnson pf 20-25 mins
Humphries c 20-25 mins

Dufelmeier pg 10-20 mins
King sg 10-20 mins
Dech sf 10-20 mins
Malou or Bairstow pf 10-20 mins
Sotto or Bairstow c 10-20 mins

Harris sf 0-5 mins
Gattorna sf 0-5 mins
Olbrich c 0-5 mins

Reply #875727 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Adelaide and Mu competiting for the tallest teams both have 6 BIGS ahha

Reply #875728 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So was Harris a development spot? Or are we running 12 deep this year?

Reply #875733 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

12 players, Mojave King is a NS.

Reply #875734 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Statters- Mccaron, Dech, Withers, Johnson, Hummphries

6th man- Hannahs

Bench- Dufflemier, King, Bairstow

Backup_ Malou, Sotto, Harris

Mid table to bottom 4 side depending on injuries.

Reply #875735 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

adl have one dp spot to come announced on their last dp signing

Reply #875736 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Adelaide you breaking my heart

Reply #875739 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Statters- Mccaron, Dech, Withers, Johnson, Hummphries

6th man- Hannahs

Bench- Dufflemier, King, Bairstow

Backup_ Malou, Sotto, Harris

Of course I don't know how good or bad other teams are or good or bad our imports are.

But this is a very decent team, from a local talent point of view this is the best we've had for a long time (Sobey, Creek days).

Reply #875747 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Years ago

This can't be legit?

Didn’t Adelaide already sign a player today!

Reply #875752 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Why can't a team sign more than one player on a given day

Reply #875753 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeh definitely not legit. Signing more than one player in a day is bonkers

Reply #875754 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

NZ signed 3 players in 1 day your point is the dumbest thing I have heard

Reply #875756 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like they will officially sign him tomorrow, so not that crazy. He will be a more than serviceable back up if he can stay healthy.

Reply #875757 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Someone should be reprimanded if he is injured for a extended period.

The historical evidence was there and ignored.

I say reprimanded because you cannot sack minority and majority owners.

Reply #875758 | Report this post

Bertie Bixer  
Years ago

I rate Harris, tough defensive team now, looks like a weird roster atm, but watch this team go off. Bairstow maybe through c.j connections, never rated him, but bet ya he goes off this year too, off bench few minutes a game. We haven't gotten rid of our imports yet either so that's a good start too. Lol. Bout time rosters complete.

Reply #875760 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

What is Bairstow's exact injury history?

I recall he did a nasty ACL and missed almost 2 years at one point from the same injury?

Sometimes players can come back after multiple injuries, there's plenty of famous examples of this. All depends on the person and the type of injury.

It's a calculated risk, without knowing how much they're paying him it's hard to stand in judgment of the risk taken.

Reply #875762 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Im annoyed that they havent snapped up another import. I mean, even a SEABL import is going to be better than some of the guys at the end of our bench. Just makes no sense.

But as for Bairstow, I think it could be a good signing. The same people who call this signing a risk seem to think teams should take a punt on Exum in the NBA. A healthy Bairstow would be an awesomne piece of the bench.

Reply #875763 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone expecting Bairstow to regain star status are delusional. He just needs to come on, be a veteran now and just score in the post and rebound. He might have a game or two where he might get 20 plus but with no other suitors it would suggest physically he's a shell. After Brisbane there were talks he had priced himself out of league, but lucky to have job at all. Hopefully he does have a solid year and contributes.

Reply #875770 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I haven't seen anyone suggest bairstow would regain star status lol. Everyone above has suggested he would be a very solid bench piece. Adelaide don't have to give minutes to Sotto and Malou if Bairstow can play 15-20 mins a game.

Reply #875776 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

From what I've heard about Sotto I doubt very much he came to the NBL to be glued to the bench. Similar to King I imagine there's an expectation/agreement that they'll play a particular role which is why they wound up with the Sixers.

Reply #875785 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sotto is just not ready for the physicality of this league. Signing Bairstow looks like a desperate move by the 36ers to cover the backup big situation. They probably have seen enough at training to suggest Sotto and Malou won't cut it off the bench.

Reply #875788 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

"Adelaide don't have to give minutes to Sotto"

And we didn't need to French to build submarines either....

Get Scotty from Marketing on the case, ASAP!, we'll need his counsel on how to manage the international relationship fallout coming our way

Reply #875796 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

" Get Scotty from Marketing on the case, ASAP!, we'll need his counsel on how to manage the international relationship fallout coming our way"

Hahaha - and I bet the Filipino community would be scary enough to make the French surrender.

“ They probably have seen enough at training to suggest Sotto and Malou won't cut it off the bench.”

I mean that's what the import spot should have been for as most of us have been screaming from the rooftops.

They’re “saving it” to see where it’s needed, but we already know where it’s needed.

If we need it anywhere else, it’ll be in addition to the PF spot.

If Hannahs or Withers aren’t up it - then you have to replace them you can’t just keep them and add an import in that spot.

If IH goes down, you shift DJ to C alongside import PF.

McCarron will be fine at PG unless he gets injured then you’d replace with a Daniel Dillon type and share those mins with Duffel and see what Hannahs can do with the dribble, if Hannahs can do some PG then you have Dech and King share SG, Withers and Dech share SF.

36ers trying their best to screw up an obvious easy decision.

Reply #875799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Blitz hasn't even happened least of all the season starting and Adelaide are already eating their own lol never change Adelaide

Reply #875803 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#803 lol.

Reply #875808 | Report this post

BeeGee  
Years ago

Big Bair confirmed to the 36ers

Reply #876038 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hope he can stay healthy.

Reply #876097 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"The Blitz hasn't even happened least of all the season starting and Adelaide are already eating their own"

33 posts and only 10 named avatars. Less than 0.2% of the average home crowd at Adelaide games. Never take online forum views as representative of any group except the self-selected few who post on it.

Reply #876121 | Report this post

Just a Fan  
Years ago

yes #121, what makes it even worse is that half of people who continue to push the same topics are the same people with the same IP address and different user names.

Reply #876124 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

There are legitimate criticisms to be made regardless of the preseason games not having started yet.

Especially since they started with strong decisions in building the team then went off the rails with the last 3-4 signings and never focussed on the most critical gap from last year.

There's a feeling of "so close yet so far" in getting it right.

Would hate for Humphries and bairstow to go down...

Also is the nbl website no longer updating the free agency tracker?

Reply #876125 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:05 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754