RobT
Years ago

Review of Giddey by Hashtag Basketball

A very comprehensive breakdown of Josh Giddey's skill-set for the NBA. This seems to have been written before he was drafted so his actual performances have not been taken into account.

IMO, Giddey is performing better than this review suggested, but I am no expert.

https://hashtagbasketball.com/nba-draft/content/scouting-report-film-review-josh-giddey

See what you think!

Topic #49401 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Excellent game today puts him No1 edging Mobley and Barnes

Reply #876022 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

I have not seen any of his games. I do have Kayo now, but no OKC games there(?), it seems.

How can I catch some of his games without another subscription?

Reply #876024 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As of Nov 4 Giddey moved from #7 to #5 on the NBA Rookie ladder. He is not ranked 1

Reply #876025 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

When will he be handed the keys to run the Boomers' offense?

Reply #876028 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

Since the 6th, Josh is shown as #2 after;

"Last updated: 07 November 2021 by Joseph Mamone ( @josephmamone), 2021-22 NBA Regular Season (Updated daily)

R# PLAYER POS TEAM GP MPG FG% FT% 3PM PTS TREB AST STL BLK TO TOTAL
1 Evan Mobley C CLE 10 34.2 0.491(5.50/11.20) 0.788(2.60/3.30) 0.2 13.8 7.9
2 Josh Giddey PG,SG OKL 8 29.6 0.417(4.40/10.50) 0.613(1.00/1.60) 0.8 10.5 6.0
[Copy/paste with deletions from website]

Reply #876030 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"How can I catch some of his games without another subscription?"

SBS Viceland and On demand - Dallas Mavericks vs OKC - Monday 03 January 2022 is the only OKC game at this stage.

Reply #876039 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

Thanks for that.

Reply #876043 | Report this post

Shaggy  
Years ago

Hate to say it but I think today was his poorest game yet. Didn't seem comfortable. He had 4 turnovers but had at least 2 more that somehow the Spurs coughed up so Giddey probably didn't get credited with.
His defence was also a bit poor. He seems a tad slow off the mark and got beaten twice (that I noticed) by his man on backdoor cuts. I'm hoping the hype isn't getting to him.

I'm really rooting for him though. Such a relief to have a tall Aussie point guard that everyone is talking about for the right reasons.....

Reply #876060 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tough ask for such a young player that's used to one game per week, plus all the travel between games, yes not his best today but they got the win.

Reply #876063 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Hey RobT. Guaranteed method to watch every OKC game is to have an account with a betting site. Suggest Sportbet. Go to BetLive and Watch Game Live. You usually miss the first couple of minutes and have to watch the game while it is on but works a treat. Fxxk Kayo!!

Reply #876082 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Sportsbet not Sportbet and Fxxk Kayo again!

Reply #876083 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

Thanks, AussiePride. I don't bet! Can I have an acc, not bet, watch the games, and that's ok?

Reply #876086 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Who is eligible to watch the Live Streams?
To be eligible to watch our live sports streams you must have a positive balance or placed a bet in the last 24 hours.

https://helpcentre.sportsbet.com.au/hc/en-us/articles/115006804668-How-do-I-Live-Stream-Sports-

Reply #876088 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

Thank you too, Perthworld. That's exactly what I want to avoid. Will have to be satisfied with 'news' ATM. Maybe a 'contribution' bet, where I put in say, $10, leave it there, and watch to my heart's content?

I'll look in to it. Thanks to you both, again.

Reply #876090 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

Dropped to 4th. Ouch!

"It wasn't Josh Giddey’s best game, but he scored 7 points, 7 rebounds and 4 assists, but he continues to gain praise from the NBA world for his unique skill set and excellent playmaking abilities."
[Quote from article at: https://sydneynewstoday.com/scores-results-updates-josh-giddey-statistics-highlights-oklahoma-city-v-san-antonio-spurs-ricky-rubio-v-new-york-knicks/415858/].

[and only 75+ games left. We do this all season long and we'll be round the bend by finals]!

Reply #876091 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

You can try using a VPN connection to India and then check the cost of NBA League Pass.
Pretty sure it is 1/20th if the Aust cost.

Reply #876096 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

AUD 19 via India.

Reply #876098 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Maybe a 'contribution' bet, where I put in say, $10, leave it there, and watch to my heart's content?

It would be the easiest and cheapest way, although as someone else mentioned above you can only watch live games via Sportsbet (and other bookmakers such as TAB) which means no replays.

Reply #876099 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

That game against the Spurs was easily his worst so far. Hopefully it doesn't impact his confidence. He looked like he was without his usual mojo.

Reply #876100 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

"When will he be handed the keys to run the Boomers' offense?"

2023 World Cup I'd imagine. Delly wont be starting then (or necessarily on the team, who knows). Not too mamy other options unless Simmons pops up

" I'm hoping the hype isn't getting to him."

A 19 year old rookie is going to have some sort of learning curve. He'll be just fine.

Reply #876102 | Report this post

Stevy  
Years ago

@RobT

I also have a good site for all NBA games, but I don't think that I am allowed to post the link. I think it violates the rules. The site also has access to Euro league games, CBA games, PBA games, FIBA games, you name it! The only downside is that it is a bit delayed, 1-2 min but nevertheless great HD quality!

Reply #876130 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Total Sportek is good for that sort of thing.

Reply #876157 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:45 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754