Isaac
Years ago

Blitz: 36ers vs Taipans

Any comments from people who watched the 36ers' Blitz outing? Adelaide were without Humphries, Withers, Hannahs and King. Sotto and Malou started though. How'd they go?

Topic #49433 | Report this topic

Anon  
Years ago

Malou looks better than Pinder and you'd think will get some minutes.
Sotto looked ok and has talent, but his fitness is terrible.
Bairstow fitness obviously lacking. Did some nice things. Nice hands.
DJ shot the ball everytime it touched his hands.
Mitch just cruised.

Reply #876607 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Cairns bench looks pretty bare, and that's being polite. They're challenging the Jacks in that regard.

Reply #876608 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

G'day, yeah, I watched the games(s).

Taking into account that, "Adelaide were without Humphries, Withers, Hannahs and King. Adelaide did very well.

"Sotto and Malou started though. How'd they go?" In that game, neither looked out of their depth as starters.
Malou was solid. I saw him play in NBL 1 for Mackay. He delivered what I expected. Has more to give and expect more off the bench, as a tactic, rather than as a starter.
Sotto did exactly what will be required of a footer backing up the starting C. I think that one of the main concerns is how will he defend playing beside DJ.
My take is that if Hannahs and Withers are starting-quality players, then Adelaide are in better shape for the season than being generally touted. Top-four? Doubt it!

Reply #876614 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Before we add our best players - we look very good.
DJ was our best

Reply #876618 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Very little defence played....

Malou looked more steady and controlled than expected - he would be a useful piece if he continues to develop into that - however in that game just about anyone could look good, even our DP Marshall had it pretty easy at times.

DJ shot the ball a lot, defended very little as expected.

Sotto played ok, needs to finish off those easy ones next to the basket. Was able to hold his own enough, hard to say much more until we see him in more action against tougher opponents.

Bairstow struggles to score when he decides to post up and fadeaway on his shot. He'll need to be better with his feet to score. Otherwise, again, held his own, but would like to see him tested in more games.

I liked what I saw from Dufelmeier. Active, shot decently etc.

Reply #876619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some talk around the the only reason the new players did not take the court was because the club was too late in registering them!

Reply #876627 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^yet Bairstow the last one to sign I think played??? Where's this talk you say, in your head.

Reply #876629 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Paperwork for Aussies much simpler than o/s players I'd suggest. No FIBA involvement

Reply #876632 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I guess we will find out on Tuesday?

If they play then no harm done, if they don't then you have to wander what the sitch is and when it’ll be resolved.

You do want your full team to have at least a few hit outs before season proper.

Reply #876633 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why isn't Dufelmeir in the Jack Jumpers squad? He makes Weeks look old and slow. Oh he can score too. Very well in fact.

Reply #876638 | Report this post

Juno 97  
Years ago

Not even the 6ers could forget to register their players???? Surly not!!!

Reply #876659 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:03 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754