Hendo8888
Years ago

Preseason: 36ers vs Perth

Apparently this game doesn't count for the Blitz, but still looking to go 4/4 in the preseason
Doesn't look like Humphries is playing

Topic #49473 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm just happy Corey "Homicide" Williams is back in the commentary box.

Reply #877429 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Not sure if serious. Cannot stand him.

Reply #877430 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The commentary team would be dull without him. He adds that New York Urban Flavour.

Reply #877432 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kayo is rubbish, dropped out again.

Homicide is horrific.

Reply #877433 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Adelaide smashed down low.

So obvious they're lacking PF/C defence. They’ll be relying on IH to do it all. Ridiculous.

Reply #877434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Without Homicide there would be no diversity. I'm detecting a lot of casual racism on this site.

Reply #877435 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

You're allowed to dislike a black person without it being due to racism

Reply #877436 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Withers looks good

Reply #877438 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Withers clearly a good defender. Showing some nice offensive signs too

Reply #877439 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Lol at the shmuck blacking racism for everything

Withers being a nightmare to Hodgson around the perimeter. Like what I'm seeing from him last game and this game.

Reply #877440 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Blaming - what a typo

Reply #877441 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Marshall is really impressive

Reply #877442 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

That over-committing defence on Cotton, jesus

Reply #877443 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Zunic looks good, quality game for a nothing game. Withers looks good, CJ doing fine at present.Perth still strong, cotton and law stay healthy they should make finals again.

Reply #877445 | Report this post

Old Mate  
Years ago

It pains me to say it but Homicide has got significantly better over the last season or two.
Dwayne Russell on the other hand is so ridiculously bad that I find it hard to believe he hasn't been called out more!

Reply #877446 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hayes Brown is a beast. Reminds me of a younger Baynes.

Reply #877448 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So many on here trying to put a black man down. Corey Williams has been a great ambassador for this league.

Reply #877449 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hannath and white at it, very nice, cj dragged Hannath out of the action. Hannath on fire, teams note don't fire up Hannath.

Reply #877452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I haven't had to listen to "D-Russ" since August, it was a good 3 months, I miss it already.

Reply #877453 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Really enjoyable game, one of the best of the Blitz.

Reply #877454 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Another good grind out win. 4/4. Can't complain.
Anyone know what's happening with Duffelmeier and Harris? Haven't even heard Harris mentioned, is he still playing for us?
Nice to have a genuinely deep team this year. A lot of competition for minutes and a lot of different looks CJ can go with.
Hannahs is a lot better than I was expecting. Dude can seriously score.
Also liking the defense coming from the 1-3 spots. Bigs need work on that end, Humphries will be important in that area.

Reply #877455 | Report this post

Old Mate  
Years ago

Harris had quarantine issues which meant he couldn't join the team in Tassie, has been working out in Adelaide with the guys still here.

Reply #877456 | Report this post

Just a fan  
Years ago

Dusty is legit!!!

Reply #877459 | Report this post

Full stop guy  
Years ago

So how we feeling now about teams prospects seems fairly good crew on board CJ Train ....like how teams seems to have plenty of variatoons so coach can be very creative...only early early days but with organic growth and on court gelling bring it on sixers...Bowden station be rocking to more than guns and roses...this the season to be blitzen.deck those hoops with jolly twinling bourbon ballls

Reply #877462 | Report this post

TDub  
Years ago

I love that CJ had the balls to leave Hannahs out there after his run in with White, Also love that Captain Mitch had confidance enough to find him on that trail soon after. That Captain Coach combo seems to have a little bit of team pride that I feel Adl have been missing for a while.

Was great to see Withers spend some time on Cotton. Having multiple defenders we can put on classy players like that will serve us well.

I know its only pre-season, and tbh up till now I thought the Adl wins were very ordinary and really hard to read anything from. But tonights was a good, Im starting to think the 36ers time can give it a shake.

Reply #877463 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Keep in mind Perth were missing Blanchfield, Norton and their third import Michael Frazier tonight.

Reply #877464 | Report this post

Old Mate  
Years ago

Keep in mind that we were missing Humphries, Malou, Dufelmeier and Sotto tonight...

Reply #877465 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes it's preseason but love how CJ got this team looking. It would be great to see sixers play finals.

Reply #877467 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cats benched most of the main players including cotton for most of the 4th. Regular season Adelaide would have likely gone down tonight.

Reply #877469 | Report this post

TDub  
Years ago

"Cats benched most of the main players including cotton for most of the 4th. Regular season Adelaide would have likely gone down tonight."

Maybe, but CJ has plenty of otions in the fromntcourt he did not utalise that changes the game signifcantly. You have to think the likes of Hannahs & Withers are going to get much better looks when they roll out. If IH is in early 2020 form with the fwd line up assembled for 21/22 things have promise all over the court. Also, 36ers now have plenty of options from beyond the arc so not reliant on a single shooter as has been the case in times gone by.

OOI, does Hannahs remind anyone else of Maher the way he runs around the court?

Reply #877475 | Report this post

TB  
Years ago

Great PRE-SEASON game but neither team should really take much out of it except getting some run in the legs.

Both teams resting players. The Last 6min when the 6ers came back and won they had Bairstow, DJ, McCarron and Hannans on the floor. The cats had 3 DPs, travers and law. So the 36ers did what they should of done, if Morrison cared about the win he could of iced it.

Reply #877476 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Yes, both teams rested players before the game and during the game.
Good to see 36ers shots going in and winning, like the old days.
(Didn't enjoy us fouling Cotton on his 3 point shots)

Reply #877481 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:10 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754