Anonymous
Years ago

Sydney Kings vs Melbourne United Grudge Match

Can the Kings get revenge against their arch nemesis?

I say no, United by double digits.

Topic #49592 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

United won't get easy points like last game, kings should win this.

Reply #880726 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is this really a grudge match? Logue says it's the NBL's 'most heated rivalry' but I disagree. If anything, United v Phoenix is far better in terms of genuine heat.

Reply #880735 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

It's just lame NBL marketing spin.

Capital City Clash = cringe. It's not a thing. Pretty sure there are another five NBL teams from capital cities as well. Are those all Capital City Clashes too?

Throw in the Kings self-annointung themselves 'Hoops Capital' and splashing it on their baseline and it's a total shitfest.

Reply #880737 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hoops capital is looking very empty.

Reply #880740 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Too many things to do in Sydney than attend sport

Reply #880743 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Christmas or Boxing Day never good for crowds

Reply #880744 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

They should try Boxing Day in Perth to avoid crowd number embarrassment.

Reply #880746 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't be hoops capital then, you either turn up or you ain’t the capital.

Reply #880747 | Report this post

4 Real  
Years ago

I mean, Canberra's the capital, even their (women’s) team are called the Capitals.

Reply #880749 | Report this post

4 Real  
Years ago

Is a two storey building the tallest the NBL could get into?

Reply #880751 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Commentary love Cooks, White is a much better player. Cook gets lots of boards off his own missed lay ups. Commentary love Martin, yes can score but defensively woeful.

I like the physicality of this game.

Reply #880752 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

The standard of this game is pretty ordinary all round.

Reply #880753 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"The standard of this game is pretty ordinary all round". Clearly you didn't see the Jack Jumpers game Scout.

Reply #880755 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Been a lot of low quality games this season. For a league that likes to talk itself up as the 2nd best league in the world, it is pretty much bush league level a lot of the time.

Reply #880756 | Report this post

4 Real  
Years ago

Is Copes throwing a bit of shade at Sydney?

Reply #880757 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where are all the experts that said agada should of been cut after preseason? He has got to be the MVP favourite right now.

Reply #880758 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Anon # 755 didb't take you long to bite - fairly predictable response.

Reply #880759 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Now Gleeson gone, Vickerman is best coach in the league.

Sp many overrated players in Sydney. There two injured imports better be good.

Reply #880763 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Anon # 755 didn't take you long to bite - fairly predictable response.
"The more you post the less I realise you know about basketball. Shame.

Reply #880772 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

"Been a lot of low quality games this season. For a league that likes to talk itself up as the 2nd best league in the world, it is pretty much bush league level a lot of the time."

Yep. lol. After playing a game of basketball I watch the NBL and realize it is a fairly high level. But if you're comparing to NBL and Euroleague, it's undeniably pretty bush league. The league has a while to go to be genuine top 5 in the world, let along number 2.

Reply #880776 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Anonymous
A few minutes ago

"Anon # 755 didn't take you long to bite - fairly predictable response.
"The more you post the less I realise you know about basketball. Shame.

Another bite - 'the less I realise you know about basketball'

Thanks mate.

Post something on basketball and I will respond, or keep going with your anon cheap shots.

'the less I realise"!!!!

Ha !

Reply #880779 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Copes wasn't throwing any shade at Sydney. He only iterated to Drewey that the fanbase expected wins and that he 'knew this’ as he’d been an employee (said tongue in cheek).

Reply #880782 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whoever said White is better than Cooks is seriously dreaming.

Reply #880783 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

NBL needs traditions

Just pick something and stick with it

What happened to open air boxing day game

Reply #880784 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Sydney don't have imports

If United didn't win comfortably I'd be very worried. In fact any healthy NBL team should beat a team minus their 2 imports and another decent player

Reply #880786 | Report this post

JMS  
Years ago

Entertaining game, thought Sydney were pretty solid throughout. Martin found it hard inside vs the twin towers JLA and Hukporti so started relying on the outside ball, not great as he needs to be the inside presence.

Goulding just has that ability to turn it on despite starting cold. Seems to be getting the ball in nice positions rolling off the screen - I think it shows Delly's ability to control the sets.

Comparing Cooks v White isn’t fair, give White another month at least - he’s coming back from a major injury and you can see his touch and confidence isn’t there yet.

Speaking on confidence, Agada is looking great, I didn’t rate him but staring to see why Vickerman brought him in. Tough and intense on defence, aggressive off the ball and can actually shoot.

Reply #880789 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Sydney had the same amount of imports as united Today.

Reply #880794 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

White better already, give him a few more games and it won't be a contest.

Reply #880796 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

#794 let's rephrase, Sydney were missing 3 of their best 6 players? 3 of best 7?

Happy United's getting some wins but we must put these games in context- wins against severely depleted opponents

For mine, jury still out on whether Sydney are even a real title chance with this current lineup, now that Jordan Hunter gone. Wonder if they'd replace RJ Hunter with an import big.

Reply #880802 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

I really hope Boguts version is mostly fabricated, cos if its mostly true then United's front office stuffed up monumentally.

I reckon it's mostly true. Maybe not every detail. Just in the sense of the basic outline. United had the chance to sign the best Aussie in the competition, knew what he wanted, could afford him, didn't give him what he wanted and then someone else did instead.

As I said, costing United a probable title.

Not good enough

Reply #880803 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Caspers Russian team mid table but his stats are very good, plays defence as well as scoring.
Kings guard imports sit out injured.

Reply #880813 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

What an absolute dogs breakfast... Kings really missing floor leadership, veteran smarts and a quality inside presence.

Martin is a quality player, and I know it's a different type of game these days, but man they are really lacking a quality big that can get stuff done. I was really looking forward to Jordan Hunter coming along even more this season, but are they even going to replace him?

Their other imports still not playing... And a few more weeks at least? By then, the Kings season will be toast...

4700 at a Boxing Day game and their owner is trying to push for a Christmas Day game? Stupidity...

Reply #880879 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:58 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754