Aussie
Years ago

Less than 300 tickets remaining for 36ers v Wildcats 28/12

What is capacity at the Adelaide Entertainment Centre for a 36ers game?

Topic #49593 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Less than 500 tickets left.....except it seems they haven't opened up bay 17 to 25 for ticket sales at any point.

I don't know what those bays hold but a conservative guess would be 1,500.

Reply #880816 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

So how many seats does the AEC hold when at full capacity for a 36ers game?

Reply #880817 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Wow this will be a nice earner for the club.

I was seriously expecting a low crowd given SA is having its highest infection numbers.

Let's make the place loud.

Reply #880818 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

AEC in basketball mode supposedly holds 10,000.

Reply #880819 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Obviously the Kai Sotto effect on ticket sales is being seen.

Reply #880820 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

More so the effect of tickets going for less than half price.

Attendance has been very poor so far this year.

Reply #880821 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

As a Cats fan I'm hoping this isn't Sotto's 30 points, 20 boards, 10 blocks breakout game. I have read enough to know that it is coming and that is fine - I just don't want it to be against us.

Reply #880822 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

AEC in basketball mode supposedly holds 10,000

Thank you sir

Reply #880823 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kai Sotto's first home game should be a superbowl filipino fiesta atmosphere in the AEC

Reply #880824 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Hodgson healthy? You will need him. Majok is so undersized and will get bullied against Humphries and Sotto.

Reply #880825 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Majok undersized lol

Reply #880826 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I wouldn't worry too much about Majok he might be fractionally short for a centre around 6'8"-6'9" but he's a big solid guy and has a few defensive bones in his body. He'll be fine. Humphries hasn't exactly set the world on fire this season and Sotto isn't even worth mentioning.

Reply #880827 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sotto is like a foot taller than Majok.

Reply #880828 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

This is going to be Sotto's breakout game I can just feel it.

2 points, 1 assist, 2 blocks, 1 rebound I predict.

Reply #880829 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Sotto? Nah, it's the Wildcats drawing in a crowd as always.

Reply #880830 | Report this post

Crackers65  
Years ago

I have heard that all the NBA teams have each sent a huge contingent of scouts and staff to watch Kai.

Reply #880831 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Primarily we need to worry about stopping a couple of guys called Law and Cotton.

Do we have a plan there or just let them do whatever they want?

Reply #880832 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I think it fits 10-10.5k, but they have an entire upper bay/section closed which probably reduces 2-2.5k seats.

If Adelaide Oval, an outdoor venue, can only have 25k (over 50% reduction) through covid restrictions, how could Ent Centre have over 5k as an indoor venue?

Reply #880837 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

If Adelaide Oval, an outdoor venue, can only have 25k (over 50% reduction) through covid restrictions, how could Ent Centre have over 5k as an indoor venue?

Thats a good point.

From today hospitality venues (amongst others) have a capacity limit of a paltry 25%, right when business would normally be at their busiest.

How did this game get exempted?

Reply #880850 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has it been exempted? Has there been any announcement?

Capacity should be 1 per 4 square metres. Don't know AEC Arena plus seating area - Arena floor space is 2,680 square metres. In the middle of last year, AEC was complaining about being limited to 3,670 maximum crowd n the Arena, but I don’t know what restriction rules were I place at that time.

PS - the double vaccination requirement for entry to AEC has probably affected 36ers home crowds earlier in December.

Reply #880852 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"the double vaccination requirement for entry to AEC has probably affected 36ers home crowds earlier in December."

We are at nearly 90% double vaxxed yet the first home crowd was less than 5,000.

Are you saying that the Adelaide 36ers fan base has a massive over-representation of anti vaxers compared to the general population? Why do you think that is?

Reply #880859 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

75% capacity and mask rules remain for now.

https://www.adelaide36ers.com/news/club-update

Reply #880860 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So how were there only a few hundred tickets left to sell and now it's 75% capacity they are still selling tickets?

Reply #880861 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Maybe it's a few hundred left to reach 75% capacity?

That's not too shabby.

Reply #880862 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

75% was the capacity before as well.

Reply #880863 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It will be barely half full. Advertising ploy to get people to buy tickets. Adelaide has shut up shop for events

Reply #880866 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Hodgson expected to play for tbe Cats.
Feels kinda pointless against Sotto ... akin to bringing me back in to battle Shaq ... but that's what the official release says.

Reply #880867 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

A 'homecoming' for the big fella.

Reply #880869 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Purely on a playing standpoint, who would you take out of Sotto or Hodgeson? Filipinos need not respond!

Reply #880870 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Hodgson obviously.

Reply #880871 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers by 10+. Sotto will shut down Cotton's driving game with his elite rim protection and get Law in foul trouble.

Reply #880873 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Are you saying that the Adelaide 36ers fan base has a massive over-representation of anti vaxers compared to the general population? Why do you think that is?"

No. In early December, double gas levels were just over 80%, for 16+. So 20% pf 16+ people weren't{t double vaccinated. So reduce a 6000 crowd by 20% and you’re left with 4800. The first 36ers game was a crowd of 4700 odd.

Probably some people who were double vaccinated had 12-15 year old kids who were yet to be double vaccinated, as levels for 12-15 year olds were even lower. Some of those families may have stayed away if they couldn’t take their kids in, as well.

So, no, the fan base just had to look like the population average.

Reply #880881 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Humphries is cooked. Sotto is the rim protector that Adelaide are desperate for. Expect a breakout game for the Kaiju that will see him rise up the Mock draft boards.

Reply #880882 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only 1000 tics left as Kelly has given remainder to politicians

Reply #880885 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

See,s strange 6ers are advertising that only 1,000 tics left, yep they are selling them at half price!

Reply #880886 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers crowds have been terrible this year. New management have no idea.

Reply #880887 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lower crowds have everything to do with this team being a steaming pile of manure and the last of the fan favs in Jack McVeigh exiting.

Reply #880888 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#880881, great explanation.

Still think there's more going on than that. 36ers only had 3 games of 6,000 fans or less last season, despite all last year's interruptions to the schedule and the overlap with AFL season.

Think there's more to the lower crowds than vaccination rates.

Reply #880889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

6ers definitely on the nose locally. Bizarre way crowd favourite Jack McVeigh was excited hasn't helped.

Reply #880890 | Report this post

Bugs  
Years ago

The virus strikes back....

Things are about to get crazy.

Reply #880892 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

You weren't wrong mate.

Dammit

Reply #880893 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#880889 - yes, I agree. The vaccination requirement would only be part of the reason. Interesting that Perth crowds have been good. Do they have any entry restrictions there yet?

Reply #880894 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Game is cancelled. One 36er has covid.

Reply #880895 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The NBL has made changes to the schedule in line with its COVID health and safety protocols and respective state government requirements.

The following games have been postponed:
- Adelaide vs Perth, Dec 28
- Brisbane vs Perth, Jan 1
- Adelaide vs South East Melbourne, Jan 2

#NBL22

Reply #880896 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't be Sotto who's got it, guy couldn't catch anything!

Reply #880897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only 6000 tix left! Too early? :)

Reply #880902 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Interesting that Perth crowds have been good. Do they have any entry restrictions there yet?
No.

Reply #880909 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:18 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754