CT
Two years ago

That Doordash ad..

I'm currently paying my youngest a dollar a week to mute the ads when I'm watching the nbl because of that sh*thouse Doordash ad.

Every year there's a sponsor ad that's like nails down a blackboard, last year it was that Tik Tok ad, this year it's Doordash.

I can't be the only one..

Topic #49709 | Report this topic

Manu Fieldel  
Two years ago

The only noticeable thing about the ad is how they made Delly shoot left-handed. That and the yo-bro wannabe rap

Reply #884107 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

The year before that it was the awful First Ever ads

Reply #884108 | Report this post

CT  
Two years ago

I'm looking at the crowd at the game on TV and all my mates who watch the nbl and I don't think too many of them would listen to this.. whatever the hell this noise is supposed to be. There seems to be a massive gulf between my understanding of the average basketball fan and the fake gangster stereotype that some of these companies seem to be marketing to.

Reply #884110 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Two years ago

CT: "I used to be with it, but then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me."

Reply #884111 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Haha nice

Reply #884112 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

A dollar, cheapskate.

Reply #884113 | Report this post

CT  
Two years ago

Pretty much.

Now get off my lawn;!

Reply #884115 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Let's not forget Tommy in that MG ad from a few seasons ago.

Reply #884117 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Two years ago

Tommy would have diabetes the poor kid, with all the chocolate cake they made him eat

Reply #884118 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

What baffles me about this Doordash ad, ignoring the awful music for a moment, is who orders a delivery of heavy food to eat courtside while balling?

Reply #884119 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Enjoy the add, anyone putting money into basketball is alright by me.

Reply #884120 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Delly's gotta afford the rent on the second floor. It’s lonely at the top.

Reply #884121 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Who cares if the ad is annoying. If Doordash are willing to spend the cash to sponsor the league at any level who gives a crap. The sport needs money.

Reply #884126 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

We'll take their money and criticise them at the same time thank you very much.

Reply #884127 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

I'm with you CT, the ad is terrible. Has the same First Ever vibes to it.

Reply #884132 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Maybe Delly has been shooting wrong-handed this whole time (like Ben Simmons). His shot looked pure in this game.

Reply #884185 | Report this post

Craig  
Two years ago

Yes I hate this ad as well, further to it the steal the girl does on the guy dribbling the ball is just terrible.

Reply #884376 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:09 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754