GordonG
Two years ago

36ers v Taipans 20/02

Interesting game - so far. Just for a change it's not Taipans that can't buy a bucket in the first few minutes.

Topic #49761 | Report this topic

Uncle Dre  
Two years ago

6ers look as good as normal .... which is horrendous

Reply #885380 | Report this post

Uncle Dre  
Two years ago

Pinder saves his best for JVG

Reply #885381 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Two years ago

Can DJ please wake up.

What is the update on the required third import?

Reply #885382 | Report this post

Why does Gaze keep referring to Copeland as "coach"?

Reply #885383 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Two years ago

All cairns do every game is hard full court press. Yet somehow, someway, 36ers still are underprepared for it.

Reply #885384 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

CJ didn't learn anything from the first Taipans game.

Reply #885385 | Report this post

Uncle Dre  
Two years ago

Lowest first quarter by 6ers at AEC ever!

Reply #885386 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Two years ago

Thankfully McCall is dumb. Dumber than the franchise he plays for and the people who sign his cheques.

Reply #885387 | Report this post

Uncle Dre  
Two years ago

Is that the 6ers owner sitting right behind CJ? Must drive him mad

Reply #885388 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

4K to 1mil alley!

Reply #885389 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Two years ago

We all hate the filo trolls but Kai's playing great so far and help get 36ers back in it

Reply #885390 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Two years ago

We all hate the filo trolls but Kai's playing great so far and help get 36ers back in it

Reply #885391 | Report this post

Uncle Dre  
Two years ago

6ers lose this one and don't need to worry about JVGs late season import. Season will be over.

Reply #885392 | Report this post

Uncle Dre  
Two years ago

Commentators talking about Pinder being significantly improved since left 6ers. Every players improves after they leave the 6ers!

Reply #885393 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

CJ setup Bairstow for failure leaving him in with three fouls.

Reply #885394 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Two years ago

Keep up the salt, LoveBroker. Tell me more about McCall, what are you seeing in his play?

Reply #885395 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Two crap teams going at it. It might not have been great coaching by CJ to leave Bairstow out there on three fouls but Cam is in his 30's he's a vet and you know if you're in foul trouble not to be contesting shots you've got no chance of blocking anyway.

Reply #885396 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Two years ago

This game is the perfect example why NBL refs get a bad wrap. Everything's a foul and if it even remotely looks like a charge you know the refs are frothing at the mouth to call it.

Reply #885397 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Two years ago

Sorry nick, going to disagree with you there. I distinctly remember one time Wagstaff was called for a blocking foul. So there

Reply #885398 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

This is about as good as expected for 36ers.

If you're going to create a completely unbalanced side, maybe try to make it work?

Maybe get Hannahs shooting more? He’s a shooter after all.

Maybe try to take advantage of what Withers can do instead of having him just trying to fit whatever cluster-f this team is?

Reply #885399 | Report this post

Sarge  
Two years ago

Bairstow has 4 fouls

Reply #885400 | Report this post

Sarge  
Two years ago

Good start for the 3rd

Reply #885401 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

" Bairstow has 4 fouls"

I mean... he has 2 fouls, so….

Reply #885402 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Two years ago

Zimmerman for NBA?

Reply #885403 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

Now he has 4

Reply #885404 | Report this post

Sarge  
Two years ago

Maybe I saw/heard wrong Ket but I think that's why he didn't play the 3rd. Good end by DJ for the quarter both ends.

Reply #885405 | Report this post

Sarge  
Two years ago

Where are you watching must be some delay

Reply #885406 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

He had four already in the second quarter so not sure what is going on here.

Reply #885407 | Report this post

Sarge  
Two years ago

If they can just play like this and the 2nd quarter all the time

Reply #885408 | Report this post

Crackers65  
Two years ago

Cairns jungle ball. Feel sorry for Forde, there is only so much instruction he can give. What has happened to Machado, he has gone from being one of the best imports to one of the worst. He is a liability on court.

Reply #885409 | Report this post

Frisbee14  
Two years ago

If Machado was a horse they'd be putting the white screen around him. Doubt he's even 50% fit.

Reply #885410 | Report this post

Crackers65  
Two years ago

If he's not fit he should show some smarts and play within his capabilities. Show some leadership and lead his team.

Reply #885411 | Report this post

Anon  
Two years ago

Casey said 6ers are looking to get a player that has played at Multiple NBL clubs and isn't a like for like.
Casey Prather
Melo Trimble
Scotty Hopson
Jerome Randle
Casper Ware
Ramone Moore

Who else

Reply #885412 | Report this post

Anon  
Two years ago

DJ Newbill would be a good pickup

Reply #885413 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Sixers win as they should against that listless Taipans team. Zimmerman the only real bright spot for them, carved up the Sixers but opposition bigs always do. Bairstow needs to keep out of early foul trouble some of those were just stupid. McCarron looked decent out there but the Cairns defence was horrendously bad.

Reply #885414 | Report this post

volcano  
Two years ago

Do cairns have the worst collection of imports in the league?

Reply #885415 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Two years ago

Crowd figure of 5,068.

Largest home crowd for the season, I think, and against the bottom team. Anything to do with it being the first home game since school returned?

Reply #885416 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Do cairns have the worst collection of imports in the league?

I would take McCall, Zimmerman and a banged up/disinterested Machado over Hannahs & Withers any day of the week.

Reply #885417 | Report this post

Observer  
Two years ago

Heard a whisper that they are looking for an nbl1 player in Australia
Currently in Australia so pay cheap and wages.,or no import ( saving dough )

List Casey said won't make team this year ,useless ,
Management making fake news.

Reply #885418 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Wouldn't be surprised if that's true and the Sixers just get a local player from a state league, they're not serious about winning but want to make it look like they are.

Reply #885419 | Report this post

Hermann  
Two years ago

Pleased sixers fought out a gallant tough hard fought victory.. all these winners add up.. pretty or not. Just keep building the w colum and move underwards. Great to see big numbers at AEC... perfect timing with fringe..now taipans can maybe get a circus act gig
Sixers rockin...

Reply #885420 | Report this post

Beantown  
Two years ago

Hope the Sixers are able to bring in a real point guard. They've gotta have a guy with the ball-handling and speed to overcome this ball pressure every team is using to stop the Sixers from running an offence. Just that one change would make a giant difference to this team. Melo Trimble the only guy on Anon's list that even remotely fits what they need. There's gotta be better ideas out there. Who else fits Casey's description?

Reply #885432 | Report this post

Rasheed30  
Two years ago

Gaze is calling Lanard "Copes" not Coach

Reply #885446 | Report this post

retired  
Two years ago

Feeling sorry for Forde.His Assistant coaches are not of great help.

During a timeout when Forde was speaking to Zimmerman about missed box outs his Asst Gruggen was standing behind the bench where the players could not see what he was doing and he was actually pointing at the player concerned.Gutless and players should show him no respect.

Reply #885447 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Forde took Gruggen there from Sydney, he's a been everywhere coach, doesn’t that tell you something about his ability, fourteens is his level.

Reply #885453 | Report this post

Hoops 99  
Two years ago

Why you attacking his Assistant Coach for? I'm sure he definitely has the respect of the players. Maybe he stands behind so he can hear what is said in the timeout or because Forde has told him to?
Hating on fellow Australian coaches is poor.

Having coached along side Gruggen at NSW camps he has a wealth of knowledge and definitely should be at that level.

Reply #885457 | Report this post

Uncle Dre  
Two years ago

Some talk on twitter that Kelly and JVG have had a dust up and JVG leaving the club. Please tell me it's true?

Reply #885460 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

Would this be the same place suggesting 36ers are looking at a Power Forward?

Reply #885465 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

We are allowed opinions, you coached with him so it could cloud your judgment or you could be right, imo he's above his level.

Reply #885466 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

" you coached with him so it could cloud your judgment"

Odd way to spin that.

Wouldn't it make the person more informed than a lay person?

Reply #885467 | Report this post

Uncle Dre  
Two years ago

Ideally both Kelly and JVG go, but one would be a good start.

Reply #885468 | Report this post

retired  
Two years ago

You may have coached next to him at NSW Camps but that does not mean he knows everything and is knowledgeable.Like any coach you learn and use stuff taught to you by other more credentialled coaches and when it is your full time job you had better know something.

As someone else said he has been all around and is that because he cannot maintain a job because he wants to walk over others to get to the top or he gets found out and they move him on.

He left BNSW to be at the Kings and obviously sucked up to Forde to get the Cairns job.

Like a lot of other coaches they think they should be at NBL Level and leave other basketball roles after a short period because loyality is not part of their nature.Ego plays a big part.

Reply #885469 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

" Ideally both Kelly and JVG go, but one would be a good start."

Who owns the 36ers then? I don't see people lining up...

Regardless of opinion, I’d like Adelaide 36ers to still exist.

Maybe with LK era there may be a bit more capacity for investment, if 36ers are so lucky.

Reply #885471 | Report this post

Hoops 99  
Two years ago

@retired the other guy had no idea why he left those roles. Ask around he is loyal and he left those roles due to opportunity. I'm sure you would do the same with your job.
Question you should ask yourself would you employee someone who just sucked up to you? Or would they have to be loyal, know how to perform the job to the best of their ability and fit into the team environment. I’m sure, just like Forde, you wouldn’t select a coach to be on your staff just because they suck up.

Reply #885472 | Report this post

Hermann  
Two years ago

Sixers with games in hand and additional import on his way.. the season not looking cherry right but it sure ain't not violent crumble.. maybe bit milky way. Anyway wins are happening morality and confidence are building..keep pushing and prodding teams an expose their weaknesses. Sixers are rockin

Reply #885476 | Report this post

Hermann  
Two years ago

Heard on good mail that positives vibes after yesterday are really beginning to ripple effect through sixers..so much Zen chatting and conversing and mindset belief.. me and few dudes really feeling sixer love...keep taking care of business homies... double shot decaf about to go down..sixers are rockin ...

Reply #885486 | Report this post

retired  
Two years ago

Question I would ask is.

Did the Kings and Cairns approach Gruggen to come on board or did he go chasing it.

Reply #885489 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

I was a bit surprised Kai didn't get more burn in the 2nd half. Didn't end up mattering, but I thought that was the best he'd looked overall and he was a net positive on the court.

Similar with Pinder, I'm not sure why he isn't starting and playing 28 mins to be honest. With Machado clearly not ready to go I'd be rolling out a McCall-Kuol-Deng-Pinder-Zimmerman starting 5. Bench depth is non-existent, but that's the best 5 they have at the moment IMO.

Reply #885490 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

McCall leads emergency Taipans meeting

Tahjere McCall led an emergency Cairns Taipans players only meeting after the club's loss to Adelaide yesterday, its seventh defeat in their past eight games.

"Sometimes you can have these player meetings and they can be a bit of fluff, but that was very real," coach Adam Forde said via Newscorp.

36ers import update

Adelaide 36ers coach CJ Bruton says he is still unsure if the club will add another import to their roster.

“Adding another import, I’m still unsure. But whoever I bring in, culturally he’s got to fit,” Bruton said via Newscorp.

https://nbl.com.au/news/in-the-post-jackjumping-like-the-suns

Reply #885493 | Report this post

NP  
Two years ago

John Casey-not like for like as Humphries. is an import that's played on 2 NBL teams before. Pretty much signed.
Gaze-They need a point guard/guard to run the team just before or after John Casey mentioned Humphries replacement.
Twitter-36ers after a 4 man
CJ- unsure yet, not sure if it will be an import. Needs to decide soon if anything. Needs to fit in with the team. But after a closer type.

Not many 4 men are closers.

Reply #885494 | Report this post

Twinkletoes  
Two years ago

Similar with Pinder, I'm not sure why he isn't starting and playing 28 mins to be honest.

Forde mentioned this in his press conference. Apparently he is carrying a minor foot - leg injury and he also missed some training during the week due to being unwell otherwise he would probably would have been in the starting line up instead of Zimmerman.

Reply #885495 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Two years ago

Zodiac

Interesting that Bruton believes a new import hast fit.

Is he coaching at the wrong franchise? Why would 6ers change their philosophy now?

Reply #885506 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

"Forde mentioned this in his press conference. Apparently he is carrying a minor foot - leg injury and he also missed some training during the week due to being unwell otherwise he would probably would have been in the starting line up instead of Zimmerman. "

Ah makes sense then, thank you.

Reply #885507 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Two years ago

Interesting that Bruton believes a new import hast fit.

Is he coaching at the wrong franchise? Why would 6ers change their philosophy now?

Interesting that he said if 'I' bring someone in, meaning he makes the call of Yes or No and whomever he wants if Yes.

Let's stop blaming JVG from here onwards everyone.

Reply #885515 | Report this post

Q Anon  
Two years ago

Thats because as of this week CJ can call the shots. The person who used to do that doesn't work there anymore

Reply #885517 | Report this post

Uncle Dre  
Two years ago

so is JVG gone or not? and for that matter was the soccer guy sacked as CEO and replaced by Marvin as also suggested? hard to know what is going in at the 6ers circus.

Reply #885529 | Report this post

Hoops 41  
Two years ago

To answer your question retired, he was approached by those teams. He was working at Basketball NSW when the Kings approached him.

Reply #885609 | Report this post

retired  
Two years ago

I am sure there are better coaches who could fill the Assistant role then him.

Reply #885662 | Report this post

Hoops 41  
Two years ago

You really hating on him, I'm assuming they should have contacted you instead for an AC role?

More importantly, I'm sure you would have seen Adam Forde have Gruggen run a timeout at the end of the game v Brisbane, 3pt difference. Everyone seemed to listen. So your point about them not respecting him seems real valid.

Don't be sour, just support Australian coaches dude.

Reply #885950 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:03 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754