TaipansTragic
Two years ago

Special Restricted Player Standouts Asian Qualifiers

Interested to know if there was anyone that would qualify as a Special Restricted Player in the NBL, that stood out from the recent Asian Qualifiers. Didn't really pay much attention to any other games, apart from Boomers & Tall Blacks. Understand that some countries did not have their full strength teams as well.

Topic #49795 | Report this topic

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

From this window

Hinton Syria
Kouame Phillipines
Ramos phillipines
Togashi japan
Jamshidi Iran
Kazemi Iran
Artino Taipei

Not sure how much time they would get.
Just an extra guy...

Reply #886189 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

If all of asia was srp

Reply #886190 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

Clemons kazakistan

Reply #886191 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Do naturalised Asians count?

Reply #886193 | Report this post

Stevy  
Two years ago

I will add Khayet from Lebanon and Al Suwailem from KSA. Khayet is a 6'7, 18-year old SF playing in the top u-21 French league. Al-Suwailem played NPs well and held his own. 

Reply #886195 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

#193. Not yet but I believe they will eventually

Reply #886196 | Report this post

Stevy  
Two years ago

Thirdy has potential for the NBL. He had really good games against world imports in the B league, but he needs more reps. Thirdy and Ramos are signed with Octagon, so we might see some movement to the NBL eventually.

Reply #886198 | Report this post

Stevy  
Two years ago

Thirdy has potential for the NBL. He had really good games against world imports in the B league, but he needs more reps. Thirdy and Ramos are signed with Octagon, so we might see some movement to the NBL eventually.

Reply #886199 | Report this post

Deng  
Two years ago

Thirdy Ravena would feed a lot of malnourished kids with Hungry Jacks every away game.

Reply #886201 | Report this post

Stevy  
Two years ago

@Deng

His shooting, especially his FTs, is terribly inconsistent. Even his 3-point shooting in the WCQ games is unsustainable in my opinion. Which is why I said potential and that he needs more reps. Even with a larger sample size this season in the B league, he only shot 65% in the charity stripe. Way too low for a guard. 

Reply #886202 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:13 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754