Spinner
Two years ago

Statistics Clarification

I caught a couple of seconds of NBA highlights on the news tonight - defensive end, baseline inbound full court pass caught and shot to score. Does the inbounded get an assist? The reason I ask is because he isn't technically in the field of play??

Topic #49800 | Report this topic

koberulz  
Two years ago

I cannot fathom why you think that matters.

Reply #886250 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Two years ago

Did we miss an over assist market by 1 ?

Reply #886252 | Report this post

greggo999  
Two years ago

Yes that's an assist. I assume you're referencing the Adams full court pass to Morant. Adam's was credited the an assist.

Reply #886266 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

Sorry for the anti-socials above.

They could have been nice like greggo999 and just answered the question, alas some people don't know how to converse on the internet.

Reply #886267 | Report this post

Spinner  
Two years ago

Thanks Greg and Ket! I asked the question because I didn't know the answer! Thanks for answering my question!

Reply #886270 | Report this post

chillbaby  
Two years ago

Good question. Doesn't happen often - hence the question - but didn't the same thing happen Kings v 36ers - Martin to Cooks? Think that was from an in-bound length of court?

Reply #886277 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

It doesn't happen that often full court, but it happens on an underneath out of bounds pretty regularly. It's a pass leading to a basket, I don't understand why there's any question.

Reply #886278 | Report this post

greggo999  
Two years ago

Yes you can imagine it happens even more out of sideline and baseline out of bounds plays on the offensive end.

Giddey would geta handful of assists a game off inbounds

Reply #886282 | Report this post

twenty four  
Two years ago

I cannot fathom why you think that matters.
And I cannot fathom why you need to be such an arsehole in response to a simple question.

Reply #886298 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

Absolutely spot on.

Reply #886304 | Report this post

Observer  
Two years ago

It's an assist
Look at syd adel game
Martin pass to cooks
Martin gets the assist

Reply #886345 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:45 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754