Hangin Round
Years ago

BASA CEO starting date

When does Mike Daws begin his challenging role?
Does he know how to get programs out and score updates on Sporting Pulse etc, or in the Tiser?
Imagine Lleyton Hewitt (Mike came from tennis background) beating Federer in th 3rd round of Australian Open and being told to wait a few days as the program isn't completed yet, so we are not sure who your next game could be against

Topic #4993 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

gees why not give the guy a chance to start and implement his strategies

i would prefer a system in place that works

rather than expect someone to come in and make wholesale changes that won't work

make sure the walls are safe before you put the roof on or you might be wearing the tiles for a necklace.

Reply #57392 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it shouldn't be the CEO's job do write programs for the u16 div 4 boys...

I think the appointment is great, and hope Daws can re-configure the structure of admin of basketball in the state similar to what he achieved with Tennis Australia!

Reply #57398 | Report this post

Hangin Round  
Years ago

My comments were 'tongue in cheek'. I do not expect a new CEO to do the programs etc. It just seems that I am not the only one who is frustrated at lack of info re results, programming etc. I wish the new guy luck

Reply #57405 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You are not the only one frustrated by the lack of communication from BASA.

Everyone else has just given up complaining because they have realised that it achieves nothing!

Focus on the positive

Reply #57412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let's extend the conspiracy 

Mike Daws is why Mark Davies was sacked. (this is just a joke)

It appears that the clash of initials was just too much for BASA to cope with!

Reply #57415 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Can you guys not piss off this CEO too? Allegations, even as jokes, have been a touchy area in the past.

Reply #57417 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry Issac  I was actually trying to use some obviously fictitious statement to emphasis just your point  don't sentence the new CEO for the sins of the past.

Reply #57420 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

yes lets give him a fair go aye, i for one was critically negative to the previous one prob to much,

so lets give this guy a crack aye his resume is sound and has done himself and his previous organisations proud,

Reply #57427 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is it true that the incumbent and the new CEO used to work together?

Reply #57486 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:41 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754