Dunkman
Two years ago

Sixers v kings.

As other game today, can't see anything but kings win.

Kings by 20.

Topic #49935 | Report this topic

Hermann  
Two years ago

Least sixers will maintain the spirit.. crazyrr upsets have happened...Sydney easing towards finals.sixerz got pride and for many strong opportunity to show franchise they are part of the future...still a believer..worth like quiet little punt..Sydney can be bit sketchy... strike sixers

Reply #889169 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

I hope the Sixers can pull this one out.

Come on Adelaide

Reply #889172 | Report this post

Yup  
Two years ago

Kings "could" legit get this by 35...

Reply #889196 | Report this post

Hermann  
Two years ago

By 35 that will not happen on CJ watch

Reply #889198 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Sixers having a go, just not deep enough.

Reply #889200 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Adams on three fouls in the second. Johnson clearly playing better than Martin, Cook and Maker.

Reply #889201 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Kings by six, CJ doing good with Adelaide.

Reply #889206 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Make Rob Schneider proud Sixers.

Reply #889208 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

All kings now, there depth is outstanding. Sixers having a real go.

Reply #889209 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Reasonable game, Sixers not folding like Brisbane or Cairns. Sydney so strong, hawks v Sydney GF.

Reply #889210 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

Not a very pretty game. Sixers hung around but felt like the Kings never got out of 2nd gear and it never really felt like the outcome was in doubt.

Reply #889211 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

Didn't pick this as the close one of the three games today.

Reply #889212 | Report this post

Observer  
Two years ago

Not an overly exciting game ,Sydney rotated their players a lot and imports were on the bench quite a bit tonight.Last time Sydney here they were 20 points up by end first.Tonight like someone said they were in second gear knowing they are going to win .
Syd / Illawarra game next weekend ( I assume correct me if I'm wrong)should be a beauty to watch .Grand final preview

If our imports were studs we make a game of it plus get crowd involved would make a difference tonight.Sydney imports the best I’ve seen from Sydney for a long time .

Reply #889214 | Report this post

Uncle Dre  
Two years ago

6ers fast becoming irrelevant. Crowds crappy all year and even the many detractors usually on here can't even be bothered any more.

Reply #889215 | Report this post

Hermann  
Two years ago

Sixers starting to get respect..those calling for no more DJ take another chill pill dudes.. guy is just a machine. Still elite player...enjoy Easter with all your eggs on your face. Mr consistent DJ.. sixer legend..

Reply #889221 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

"Last time Sydney here they were 20 points up by end first."

Last time, Adelaide led by 2 at quarter time and Jaylen Adams hit a game winning three right at the end.

Reply #889222 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Two years ago

DJ had 17 at the half, ended with 20. No eggs for anyone but you dude.

Reply #889227 | Report this post

Hermann  
Two years ago

What 20 not goid enough..

Reply #889230 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

Herrman always seems to be watching a different game to the rest of the world. How is there egg on anyone's faces - the sixers lost.... again! DJ had a good first half but faded away when they needed him most. I guess that makes him "Mr Consistency" right? Yeah, Johnson is a machine. A really old war tank that can press forward for a bit and then malfunctions to become a detriment to his troops. He shows glimmers and then regresses. It's time to accept that there are better options in the market than Daniel Johnson right now at his asking price. He either resigns himself to a bench role or he leaves.

And as for Mitch McCarron he ruined the sixers run. Yes.. they looked like they were clawing their way back into the game with Dufelmeier running the show. And then CJ put the ball back in McCarron's hands and he decided to drive headfirst into traffic and throw it out of bounds a few times to make sure the unexpected W was not on the cards. Guy sucks farts.

Reply #889231 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

The Kings have now won 11 games in a row.

The Sixers have now lost 9 of their last 11 games.

Reply #889232 | Report this post

Beantown  
Two years ago

I agree with that ME. I thought Tad, along with Marshall, King, Harris and Kai had a good stretch out there in the 4th. Tad's speed troubled the Kings and Marshall and King got out there and attacked in transition.

McCarron is too slow, he couldn't create anything off the dribble and our offence dried up again. Unfortunately we are stuck with McCarron now. But he and Dech can't co-exist in the backcourt next season.

Has Dech got a contract next season? Much as I'd prefer to keep him over McCarron, one of them has to go. Both are off guards and we'd be limiting the team's ceiling if we started Dech at the 3.

Reply #889233 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Someone said on here the year left on Dech's contract next season is a mutual option.

Reply #889234 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

The sixers wont make the playoffs with McCarron as a starting point guard. We simply don't have the funds to stack the team around him like Melbourne did. Without multiple other playmakers it wont happen. He really is not that good a player at all

Reply #889235 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

For everyone nice fadeaway jumper or three from DJ there is an equivalent possession where he watches a guy blow right by him on the other end of the court. It's been that way since he first stepped on an NBL court.

Reply #889237 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Two years ago

Or AngusH just doesn't carry a hand on defence and gets scored on time after time after time. It’s great to score the ball but you have to defend it at least once a game

Reply #889238 | Report this post

Frisbee14  
Two years ago

Ive mentioned it before, but it's pretty odd that after all his years service, DJ isn't more of a fan favourite. Hermann will continue his trolling, but who would actually be shattered if he goes. Even guys that came from other clubs and left when their production began to fall like Cattalini was beloved by fans. Even Creek still has a number of fans, highlighted more by his treatment, but his play on court endeared him to the faithful.
I guess it will take a few more years to recover from the JVG regime, in the meantime will have to suck it up with decisions like MM. Would be a costly move, but team should go with an import pg and start Dech and get MM off the bench. He would then go against the opposition backups and his weaknesses won't be exposed as much. Also send DJ to bench. If both threaten to leave, be ready to rip those contracts up asap.
Fans have to realise its a rebuild and know there might be a couple of lean years ahead. Take a chance on some young guys, keep an eye out in coaching circles if CJ doesn't progress and most importantly, get management in order. Money has been available in the past, now it's time to make sure it's managed better and not just go buy the shiniest toy in free agency.

Reply #889253 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

I'm guessing DJ hasn’t been a fan favourite because he’s played with zero enthusiasm this season. People notice it, why would they cheer for him. He’s been good in the past, but tbh the Sixers are not winning anything with him taking up a fair chunk of pt and salary, team would be better served if he moved on elsewhere.

Reply #889262 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

As soon as someone says 'start Dech' they have lost me.

Reply #889269 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:08 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754