Reader
Two years ago

Bring Hannahs back?

I've been very impressed by Hannahs this week, against two likely play-off teams.

Should we bring him back?

Topic #49958 | Report this topic

Knowall  
Two years ago

No

Reply #889770 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

No, he was MIA when our season was on the line.

Reply #889771 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

No, unless it's for less than 100k.

Reply #889779 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

He showed up to two of the most meaningless games of the season and was MIA for the rest of the time. If we're serious about ourselves we should be looking for better than that.

Reply #889791 | Report this post

HighIQ  
Two years ago

That would be the biggest mistake besides the current issues with one of the most historical NBL Franchises. I'd bring in Casper Ware JR and solid import defensive big man to complement DJ. I liked what I saw from the young guys but the past few years the imports in Adelaide have been terrible to say the least.

Reply #889798 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Two years ago

ME don't let facts get in the way of a good story when you hate a player.

"He showed up to two of the most meaningless games of the season and was MIA for the rest of the time."

Wins

Round 2 - 15 points vs Tasmania - We don't win that game without his big shots
Round 2 - 25 points vs New Zealand

Round 9 - 19 points vs Melbourne United - He sends the game to OT and basically gets the win.

Round 20 - 23 points vs Perth
Round 20 - 22 points vs Sydney

losses

22 points in close lose to Tasmania
24 points in close lose to Sydney

Hardly MIA for the entire season.

Reply #889799 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Two years ago

HighIQ your posts smash the credibility of your user name

Reply #889801 | Report this post

JoelMVP  
Two years ago

Not if the franchise is concerned with winning when it counts. A lot of nba players get their career highs in the last few games of the season. Think down this path when you consider his amazing input of very very late.

Reply #889805 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Yes and while we're at it the Wildcats should re-sign ScoMo.

Reply #889810 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

ScoMo's still got 2 years to go on his contract.

Reply #889812 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Yeah, on top of those years.

In all serious though don't remind me.

Reply #889813 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

seriousness*

Reply #889815 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

For the right price he would be the perfect third import coming off the bench. For anything more than that his defence needs to improve a lot.

Reply #889823 | Report this post

BigD  
Two years ago

Sixers want to start winning, start by dumping DJ.

Reply #889827 | Report this post

Observer  
Two years ago

Can't have an up and down yo-yo like Hannah’s next game he will get under ten and if another team wants Hannah’s then go for it ,good for cairns who need someone to light up from the arc.

CJ can get 3 new imports for next season.

Reply #889828 | Report this post

Hermann  
Two years ago

Rocks in head to want to dump DJ. He be hottest recruit for every other club. The guy just performs. Take a look at his numbers this sesson and in the losing side. Team rebuilding and you want to get rid of the one genuine proven elite player club had in last 10 years or more. Dumb stupid sightshortedness.

Reply #889832 | Report this post

Reader  
Two years ago

I wouldn't call those games meaningless. Perth and Sydney were motivated to win

Reply #889833 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Two years ago

I think there is an argument for continuity.

Reply #889835 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

SixersFan points out a handful of games when he wasn't completely useless and acts like it discredits the fact that he only really got on any kind of roll when it was all already over. One-off games when he scores which are taken out of context, and most of those points probably in garbage minutes mean very little. We all saw the season, SixersFan. You cant post some numbers and expect people to forget just how underwhelming he was for 90 percent of the time. He's an import. He should be getting those numbers as an average not as six whole games in a 20-something game season. Why waste an import spot and import money on a guy who only occasionally shows up? The Sixers have a hard enough time given they've already locked themselves into McCarron for three years. We don't need to keep another dud for what he did in some dead rubber games

Reply #889837 | Report this post

Maybe  
Two years ago

Hannah needs to go. His locker room attitude and ego not good for the team

Reply #889844 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Two years ago

It's a pretty common theme most years, but you'd have to say we have easily the worst import pairing in the league.
Hannahs was a guy who could score well enough when he had a game that he felt like trying, but had 0 interest in playing defence and had a significant portion of the season where he did less than nothing. As SixersFan said, he had 7 games in the season where he was pretty good. That's 1/4 of the season. The other 3/4 he sucked.
Withers would hit the odd 3 pointer and play a bit of defence and otherwise was pretty much useless on the court. For a team to only have 2 imports and have one of our top earning players miss the entire season pretty much, Withers just wasn't nearly good enough. If the season wasn't a write-off early on, Withers should have been replaced by mid-season.
I have no interest in seeing either of them in a Sixers jersey next season.

Reply #889940 | Report this post

DennisRodmansHair  
Two years ago

Social medias posts suggests that he's not coming back, Instagram has had plenty of "im going to miss this place" (referring to the beach) story posts.

I don't think CJ managed him very well, understandably he didn't play much defence and is undersized at his position but was never given a consistent role with consistent minutes which resulted in him forcing the actions when he would get in the court.

Reply #889962 | Report this post

Reader  
Two years ago

Hannahs had a great finish to the regular season:

https://twitter.com/NBL_Muse/status/1518561263890333697

Reply #890589 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:39 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754