hoopie
Two years ago

What now for Patty?

Now that the Nets are out, is it likely that Patty will be one of the first traded as Nets try to build up their roster (again)? He didn't figure much in the playoffs, and seemed to be losing form by the end of the season.

If Simmons does actually play, would Patty get more shots or less minutes or ...?

Where would he be better off playing?

Topic #50000 | Report this topic

Big Fudge  
Two years ago

Id have thought they will keep him and play backup minutes to Curry.

Reply #890538 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

I know Patty signed a 2 year deal for the Nets relatively cheap too without looking I'm assuming that second year is probably a player option. If so his best bet would be to opt out and sign a higher paying deal elsewhere as he gave the Nets quite a discount on what he was on previously.

Reply #890539 | Report this post

Cram  
Two years ago

Yeah he has a player option so unlikely he gets traded. He's also super cheap for what he gives at only 6m per.

The Nets are a mess. KD, Kyrie and Simmons alone take them to the salary cap, then $18m for Harris. Curry and rookies are the only other guys signed for next year (pending Patty's option) and all the rest of the vets are UFA.

The Nets need some bigger wings and a decent big. In theory, Simmons can help solve both of these problems but in practice who knows.

I think their best bet is getting someone to take Harris and one of the young guys (Thomas, Sharpe or Edwards) for one or two useful rotation players and then again filling out their roster with cheap vets.

My guess is that Patty is still there at the start of next season.

Reply #890554 | Report this post

Isaac  
Two years ago

He's been fairly resilient so useful for regular season minutes at worst. If you could flip his form over the season, the Nets might've fared better, or not made the post-season!

Reply #890555 | Report this post

KWhite_Rulez  
Two years ago

Patty's season was a tale of two halves.

Starting the season and through to the end of January he was great, averaging 14 ppg on good percentages.

From Feb, he averaged under 8 ppg and shot under 35% from the field and 3.

I'd assume having little to no offseason due to the Olympics affected him during the second half of the year and he ran out of steam.

I'd like to see him take up his option and see what he can do with Durant/Irving/Simmons around him (assuming Irving stays) after a good break. Should be plenty of open looks available.

Reply #890590 | Report this post

hoopie  
Two years ago

All Star weekend often impacts players.

Did his slide start before or after the All Star weekend (19-21 Feb)?

Reply #890594 | Report this post

KWhite_Rulez  
Two years ago

It started before the ASB, a few games after Durant got injured in Jan and missed 6 weeks. The whole of Feb was a dumpster fire for Brooklyn (and didn't get much better when Durant came back).

He did well up until the end of Jan then once Feb came around that was it.

Reply #890604 | Report this post

Isaac  
Two years ago

Yeah, looks like the start of Feb was it. Last game of Jan was 20+ points but low percentage. Big string of losses around that patch.

Reply #890605 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

Wonder if the season took it's toll on him somehow- he played more minutes than any previous season of his career by a decent margin

Reply #890618 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

It was worth it for a bronze medal.

Reply #890626 | Report this post

Juice  
Two years ago

He's headed to the Lakers

Reply #890627 | Report this post

Peter  
Two years ago

Wouldn't be surprised to see him stay, purely to try to mentor Simmons and get him to buy into boomers.

Seems like something Patty would do over $

Reply #890633 | Report this post

Classified  
Two years ago

he might go to the nbl, like delly did

Reply #891108 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

Canberra marquee signing 23/24

Reply #891111 | Report this post

KWhite_Rulez  
Two years ago

He'll be in the NBA next season. Has a PO next year.

Reply #891154 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:37 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754