Isaac
Two years ago

Ben Simmons to have back surgery

Topic #50043 | Report this topic

Luuuc  
Two years ago

2022 and people are still using the word "expectation" in relation to Ben Simmons lol

Reply #891390 | Report this post

Isaac  
Two years ago

My good friend is a PT, and he says "you aren't exactly getting back surgery, you're getting your first back surgery"

Reply #891402 | Report this post

rjd  
Two years ago

Who is operating on him? His brother or uncle?

Reply #891407 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

@ Issac

Exactly, they don't stop at one. I’m surprised they are going down this course for such a young person. The insurance might help pay his wage if he’s on and off the court.

Reply #891408 | Report this post

Cram  
Two years ago

""My good friend is a PT, and he says "you aren't exactly getting back surgery, you're getting your first back surgery""

Not that I necessarily disagree with this point, but PT is an overrated expert here

Reply #891411 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Quality neuro surgeons try and avoid operations, herniated discs can be trimmed but the back joints get closer together affecting the nerves. I'm a layman but have a partner who has been through hell and back. I believe the latest technology is placing in a new disc, this all around where the nerves travel up an down the spine. I wish him well.

Reply #891412 | Report this post

rjd  
Two years ago

Wasn't he planning to play game 4 in the first round? And now his back injury is bad enough to require surgery? How could the Nets doctors not have identified this and ruled him out of a return? Surely it's not hard to get MRIs on your $120m asset.

Reply #891451 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

The cause of his back issue hasn't been explained either.

At this stage I get the feeling he will never play again.

Reply #891454 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

I muted the phrase "Ben Simmons" in my Twitter app some time ago. Wish I could do the same on this forum.

Reply #891456 | Report this post

retired  
Two years ago

He should have brain surgery before anything else.

Reply #891461 | Report this post

Cram  
Two years ago

"I muted the phrase "Ben Simmons" in my Twitter app some time ago. Wish I could do the same on this forum."

Its pretty easy to just not click on the thread.

Reply #891464 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

Yeah but KR always has to be involved. Even if it's to tell anyone he doesn't care.

Reply #891480 | Report this post

Frisbee14  
Two years ago

Would have been credible for his reputation to outline the seriousness of his back, rather than it appearing he didn't play because his back was just a bit sore. But then again, why didn't he use it as his main excuse with Philadelphia to avoid being fined? Surely it didn't deteriorate drastically after the trade.

Reply #891483 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

But then again, why didn't he use it as his main excuse with Philadelphia to avoid being fined? Surely it didn't deteriorate drastically after the trade.

Exactly and there's a very good reason why.

After the 76ers stopped paying (started fining) Simmons and because the NBA collective bargaining agreement states a team cannot withhold salary from or fine a player who refuses to work in only one circumstance which is on mental health grounds his agency Klutch Sports advised it was the only way to go in order to collect the lost sums.

It goes even further than that though as the type of mental health professional Klutch claimed Simmons was seeing was just outside the scope of the standard NBA player contract which dictates that information from doctors players are seeing must be disclosed to their club if requested.

Such deviancy.

Reply #891485 | Report this post

twenty four  
Two years ago

I wish I could mute koberulz on this forum.

Reply #891489 | Report this post

Cram  
Two years ago

Setbacks happen with injury recovery all the time. No need to overthink it. He had an injury that flared up, likely because he wasn't doing enough work while holding out from the Sixers and then tried to ramp up to get ready for the nets.

Reply #891497 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:43 pm, Fri 10 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754