BeeGee
Two years ago

Scott Machado not returning to Cairns

Instagram post from earlier today makes it seem he will be leaving Australia all together:

"It had been real, both on and off the court!!! Through all the ups and downs, I am forever grateful! You have allowed me to step foot in Australia and I had a chance to call North East QLD home....

I want to thank the people that have been around from the beginning to the end (the real ones). The ones that made it enjoyable to stay an extra two years…I appreciate you all, especially the orange army. Leaving the same way I walked in"

The above is somewhat paraphrased as I couldn't copy the text across, but clearly he won’t be returning.

Topic #50121 | Report this topic

Mystro  
Two years ago

After his injury last season his form took a nose dive and with it his value in the NBL.
He'll pick up another gig in another league and life will go on.

Shame he couldn't bounce back and put up some numbers on the back end of last season and stick around with the Taipans but I'm sure they'll pick up a suitable import PG to play alongside McCall.

Reply #893183 | Report this post

TaipansTragic  
Two years ago

Unfortunate but I hope we pick up a PG like Siva. Still need some veteran presence for our group.

Reply #893190 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

Siva would be good alongside McCall.

Reply #893203 | Report this post

Basket 91  
Two years ago

Right move for both parties Machado and McCall not a good fit together.

Think Machado could fit Tasmania if magette leaves or sem

Reply #893214 | Report this post

Bullets  
Two years ago

^^ His days in the NBL are done.
No team will be interested even if he wanted to come back.

Reply #893217 | Report this post

BeeGee  
Two years ago

Now confirmed by the Snakes too.

Reply #893233 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

The Jackies don't need a broken import. I would expect all 3 imports to move on. One not by choice, one because the Jackies can't afford them and one because they need an upgrade. Hopefully they can find a NS that they want and not one forced on them and Magnay plays a full season. It's downhill from here.

Reply #893268 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

JJs very keen to re-sign Magette. A fit Machado would bring similar attributes if for some reason the Magette deal can't get done. I don't know what condition Machado's body is in though?

Reply #893276 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Signed in Israel for next season, high paying league.

Reply #893635 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:04 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754