Pat Bev
Two years ago

Vic Law and Bryce Cotton Hate each other

Hey I recently heard, Vic Law and Bryce are not the best friends, alpha dog thing, so the cats will struggle resigning him, esp since they resigned Bryce to 1.4 million per season as their marquee player!
Devondrick Walker will also resign with the Cats! Bryce's boy!

Topic #50122 | Report this topic

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Law is stubborn then since Cotton is not just the Wildcats but league MVP.

Reply #893231 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Two years ago

I saw no signs they hate each other but I wouldn't be surprised if Law is looking for a gig where he can be top dog.

Reply #893232 | Report this post

Bol  
Two years ago

They are both pros they don't need to like each other but i wouldn't be too disappointed to see Law go. Never was the right fit for the cats on or off the court. Nick Kay any day!

Reply #893234 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two years ago

Vic Law is set in his ways. He is better off going back to Brisbane. Seemed liked he had a better time playing for the Bullets.

Reply #893238 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Two years ago

Definitely was chemistry issues somewhere last season.

Reply #893239 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Two years ago

Cats had little interest in bringing Law back.

Reply #893240 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

He's injury prone. He’s a good player, not as good as nbl media hype him up though.

Reply #893241 | Report this post

JoelMVP  
Two years ago

Not right on or OFF the court? Liked to party? I'm sure Adelaide will try and get him. They love lazy recruiting.

Reply #893242 | Report this post

Ballman  
Two years ago

Vic Law won more game MVPs than cotton did last season. He really battled hard against much smaller line-ups and often got 10+ rebounds. his effort on the court was better than many of the aussie contigent.

Not sure purpose of this thread, not everyone gets along but should be able to be professional on court.

Challenge for the cats is they need mega minutes 5 man and 4 man and Vic despite his efforts is really a bit small for those roles. They cant repeat last year and be undersized on the 4 and 5 and winning a championship needs those 2 spots filled first. Getting a 3rd import in the 3/4 spot like Vic Law out of G-League is probably cheaper and like we saw this year swing 3/4 ended up doing well such as Cleavland and Mcall.

So they need to: Spend big on 4 and 5 position and then bring a a y ounger cheaper dynamic/athletic 3/4 man to play a defensive, penetration type role. Vic Law would cost too much in that scenario when the money is needed on the 4 and 5 man.

Reply #893245 | Report this post

Drexler  
Two years ago

Walker finally gets to suit up as a Wildcat, great news.

Reply #893246 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

Credit to 2 players who "hate each other" for translating that into both being all-NBL first 5 players. It wasn't Law's fault that the team was poorly constructed and was also hit hard by injuries. Not much to talk about in the NBL atm I guess.

Reply #893247 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Better than most Aussies, lol, I'd take Cooks ahead of him every time, and he’d be the only Aussie that would be around the same pay packet. Start comparing apples with apples.

Reply #893249 | Report this post

Frisbee14  
Two years ago

Unless the hate borders on being physical, who cares. Very rare that a whole team are good mates, especially guys who consider themselves alpha's. Love how a random poster comes up with something with no actual basis. Was there an incident in a game that showed it? Or a punchup at training? Unless the OP is in the inner sanctum of the Wildcats,I'm calling bullshit. Straight out of the school yard. Next it'll be Travers really likes a girl, can someone check if she likes him before he asks her out.

Reply #893250 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

You're right but we're only entertaining it because there is barely anything NBL related going on right now apart from (mostly) boring free agent signings.

Reply #893259 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Exactly PW, when does the season start.

Reply #893262 | Report this post

Reader  
Two years ago

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXGPK_xp1vy/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Reply #893264 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:30 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754