pattymillsMVP
Two years ago

Joe Ingles to Bucks, Landale to Hawks

Plenty of trades going through. How may get his ring afterall

Topic #50216 | Report this topic

Ben  
Two years ago

Wow.

Happy for Joe. He'll have a meaningful role with Milwaukee (likely off the bench) and a genuine opportunity to compete for a ring.

Be interesting to see how Atlanta shakes out for Jock. They're reshaping their roster to win-now and will likely have a few moves left before everything settles. That he can launch a little from outside is helpful. Way back on the depth chart but that could change if Capela and/or Collins are moved.

Reply #894861 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Also, lol @ Brooklyn. What a shitshow.

Reply #894864 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Patty back to Brooklyn on a revised two year deal :(

Reply #894865 | Report this post

pattymillsMVP  
Two years ago

$14.5 million ain't bad

Reply #894867 | Report this post

Cram  
Two years ago

Why would Patty go back there now? So disappointing

Stoked for Ingles. Think its a good situation for him to provide veteran depth off the bench. Another secondary creator.

Landale in Atlanta could be fun.

Reply #894869 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

Patty's most valuable asset is probably his ability to get Simmons' head out of his own ass. Nets will be hoping so, at least.

Reply #894871 | Report this post

curtley  
Two years ago

Everyones having a go at brooklyn but if they get what they deserve for KD n aussie kyrie then theyll be a contender.

Reply #894872 | Report this post

bcat  
Two years ago

Patty is there for his locker room presence, his leadership, and his energy.
Nets need someone to keep spirits up in the rebuild!!

Reply #894873 | Report this post

Senator11  
Two years ago

Landale might have to play the 4 to get some game time unless they trade Capela or Onkongwu, the 5 spot is sewn up.

Reply #894874 | Report this post

Johnson14  
Two years ago

Durant wants out.

Reply #894876 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Two years ago

Durant who signed the 4 year deal, trading him you are going to get something good in return... Brooklyn to press the soft reset and build around Ben Simmons perhaps. Going to be real interesting where Durant lands.

Reply #894877 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Durant wants to go to Phoenix or Miami, the talk is the Nets have interest in Ayton perhaps in a sign and trade for Durant. Heat don't have the assets to interest Nets.

Irving is trying to get to the Lakers and now that the Nets will be rebuilding the belief is they could be more willing to accept Westbrook's expiring contract for him.

Reply #894878 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Also Jokic signed an extension with Denver, the largest contract in NBA history 5 years $264 million.

Reply #894879 | Report this post

Cram  
Two years ago

"Landale might have to play the 4 to get some game time unless they trade Capela or Onkongwu, the 5 spot is sewn up."

I would say Capella is on the move. They'll want more shooting with Murray in there now. I'd say Okongwu becomes the starter and Landale can compete for the backup minutes.

On Brooklyn, what about a KD for Ayton, Bridges and picks. Would both teams do that? Nets reload with two young guys who have proven they can be part of a winning team. Simmons-Bridges would be a great defensive team straight away. Ayton can be the number one scoring option while spacing the floor for Simmons.

For the Suns, they give up a little bit on future, but get to go all in on the rest of CP3s time as an elite player. Start Paul-Booker-Crowder-KD-McGee. Still have some good depth off the bench.

Reply #894880 | Report this post

Saint23  
Two years ago

mcgee to dallas

Reply #894881 | Report this post

Senator11  
Two years ago

'On Brooklyn, what about a KD for Ayton, Bridges and picks. Would both teams do that? '

This looks like a very likely scenario. Hawks should offer up Capela and Collins +, this lineup is tasty...

PG: Trae
SG: Murray
SF: Hunter
PF: KD
C: Onkongwu

Reply #894883 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Two years ago

Nets should close off any deal that sends Kyrie to Lakers as a simple f**k you to Kyrie... he can sit out the season if need be or Nets simply offload him to another team that takes the gamble (though doubtful any team would touch him)

Ayton for Durant wouldn't be enough for the Nets, I thought they also wanted Bridges and Johnson plus picks.

Reply #894884 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Two years ago

Now Nets are saying no Durant deal unless they get Booker in return. Nets have the power in any trade for Durant given how big his contract is.

Reply #894885 | Report this post

Crackers65  
Two years ago

Jock is going to love watching Trae Young playing dribbling games with his basketball.

Reply #894886 | Report this post

hoopie  
Two years ago

" Durant who signed the 4 year deal, trading him you are going to get something good in return... Brooklyn to press the soft reset and build around Ben Simmons perhaps"

As if Ben's ego isn’t big enough already, LOL.

Surely Nets wouldn’t be THAT stupid?!

Reply #894887 | Report this post

Peter  
Two years ago

Patty has green and gold flowing through his veins, so I wouldn't be surprised if part of his motivation is to nurture Simmons purely because he is an Aussie and hopefully get him in the right space to commit properly to the Boomers

Or atleast have a good crack at making that happen

Reply #894891 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Agreed I've read that Patty really likes Brooklyn as a city but I'm sure some motivation to re-sign is to try and bring Simmons back into the Boomers fold.

Reply #894893 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Two years ago

"Surely Nets wouldn't be THAT stupid?!"

Well yeah I actually do, the moment they signed Kyrie I thought to myself "these guys are stupid"

But think if you can get some firepower in return for KD and Kyrie, they dont need to put themselves back into the lottery and can make something work.

And build around Simmons, I meant as he is the only one that will be left in the team, sorry didnt mean make him a first option on the team.

Reply #894896 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

The Nets had to sign Irving if they wanted Durant as they were a 'package' deal.

Reply #894898 | Report this post

hoopie  
Two years ago

No worries, BF- I was just taking the proverbial

Reply #894900 | Report this post

hoopie  
Two years ago

KD really chasing hard after that 3rd ring. But would he take a pay cut in order to get onto a big contender? I doubt it.

And I'm confused - is KD demanding to be traded if Kyrie stays, or if Kyrie goes, or ???

Reply #894901 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Two years ago

Hoopie - KD is on a 4 year deal right? is a paycut an option when he has 4 years on his current deal? Going to be so interesting where he ends up.

Kyrie has opted in to his contract, so he is currently on the Nets roster, it made no difference to KD who wants out.

Reply #894902 | Report this post

Saint23  
Two years ago

ESPN trade checker

NETS trade Kyrie for lakers Westbrook WORKS

Nets trade Durant Curry Harris to the Clippers for George and Leonard WORKS

STARTING 5
Westbrook George Leonard Simmons FREE AGENT BIG Whiteside ?

Reply #894955 | Report this post

Yup  
Two years ago

I'd love to see the clippers get involved, Paul George + anyone on the roster outside Kawaii for KD kinda surprised not to hear anything...

Reply #895026 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:57 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754