TaipansTragic
Two years ago

Wael Arakji as an NBL option?

Has caught my eye with his performances in FIBA Asia Cup 2022. He is a 6'4 PG who can definitely score the ball, very crafty, and has a nice handle. Has averaged 26pts, 3.2 rebs, and 4 assists throughout the tournament. Curious to see if he would have a legitimate chance of making an NBL roster, under the Special Restricted Player rule. Very impressed.

Topic #50291 | Report this topic

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

Yes would be a great srp if Lebanon is apart of that.

Reply #896319 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

Teams he could fit in given the current roster layout
Perth, Melbourne, Illawarra , Brisbane, Cairns, nz

Reply #896320 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two years ago

Sadly it's only Japan, China, India, Philippines and possibly Korea. I think Southeast Asia counts as well.

The NBL should change the rule and let the special restricted player rule cover all Fiba Asia teams from east asia to west asia. Wael Arakji would be good in any nbl team.

Reply #896323 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

Agree, I'd prefer it not to be arbitrary and include any player from the FIBA region. Makes sense.

Reply #896324 | Report this post

SM  
Two years ago

Would easily fit in to any NBL team. His performance will likely see him end up in a European league...especially given the deteriorating security and economic situation in Lebanon.

Reply #896329 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

No doubt the srp rule should expand to all Asian countries.
I think b league will get him.

Reply #896330 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:23 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754