Doita
Two years ago

United Imports

Chris Anstey recently mentioned on Twitter that he doesn't believe there’ll be too many issues with the roster makeup of United- obviously knows more than any of us.

One name keeps sticking out as a guy that isn’t signed to an NBA contract yet and would be a huge pick up- Dennis Schroeder- I’m literally spitballing but he would be a massive name for NBL and feel like he’d fit well.

Obviously could probably command some big bucks in Europe but looking at the pathway from NBL to NBA could this be a possibility?

Topic #50313 | Report this topic

Ostriker  
Two years ago

Chance less than zero

Reply #896770 | Report this post

Saint23  
Two years ago

Javin Q delaurier? ex teammate of Jack White

Reply #896771 | Report this post

KWhite_Rulez  
Two years ago

I'll eat my hat if Schroeder plays in the NBL this season.

Reply #896772 | Report this post

Edinburgh 90  
Two years ago

They are signing George King, combo forward who played for the Clippers G League team this season. Has some experience in Europe. Former NBA draft pick. Excellent shooter and versatile, hard-nosed defender with limited ball-handling ability.

Reply #896773 | Report this post

Saint23  
Two years ago

he follows the hawks

Reply #896774 | Report this post

Kas  
Two years ago

MU have just signed former NBA guard Rayjon Tucker.

Reply #896777 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

https://nbl.com.au/news/melbourne-signs-unbelievable-athlete?fbclid=IwAR3zO5UeWVhs7QlF6c-0yUGGd8OodDpDQhF8jfrJ4J4-yRcFaTa-JDkX5ng

bit of athleticism to MU

Reply #896778 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two years ago

Javin Q DeLaurier is following Melbourne United.

Reply #896779 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

Would be surprised if they signed another centre?

Reply #896781 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

Tucker looks like an absolute jet and the type of explosive scorer United could've used last season

Check out his hops, there's gonna be a few highlights!

He looks a little short for his game style to be effective in the NBA but I think he'll do great in NBL

Reply #896783 | Report this post

Edinburgh 90  
Two years ago

Sorry wrong thread. George King signed with the Hawks, not MU

Reply #896784 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Schroeder, lol. More chance of Shaq playing a cameo in the NBL.

Reply #896786 | Report this post

PyroCross  
Two years ago

Is Scotty Hopson coming back? I'm not sure if the Twitter profile pic of him in a Melbourne jersey and his tweet about returning to The Town signalled anything.

Would be two great imports to build around, just need a 4.

Reply #896792 | Report this post

a5ian nbl fan  
Two years ago

Javin Delaurier played with White and Rayjon Tucker not reading much into this

Reply #896794 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

Tucker looks a wing, Agada replacement

Still need another guard, and an athletic energy forward to match up on the physically imposing forwards like Cooks, Creek and Brantley

Reply #896796 | Report this post

a5ian nbl fan  
Two years ago

i'd start ili tbh

Reply #896798 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

No

Reply #896803 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

Ili ended up a starter last season as was very effective, every chance he begins next season as one. Vickerman isn't afraid to change things on form or match-ups however.

Reply #896806 | Report this post

JMS  
Two years ago

Is Tucker more of a combo guard that can start at the point or a Small Forward? At 6"3 seems a little undersized if defending a Mitch Creek type?

Reply #896817 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

"Tucker looks a wing, Agada replacement. Still need another guard, and an athletic energy forward to match up on the physically imposing forwards like Cooks, Creek and Brantley."

Agree with this. A Delly replacement will be a 1-2, Tucker is the 2-3, and the third import will be a 3-4 IMO.

Reply #896820 | Report this post

Yup  
Two years ago

Need a guy like Robert Franks, big time 3/4 who can score

Reply #896861 | Report this post

Saint23  
Two years ago

you need to listen to SEN radio interview with Dean Vickerman

Reply #896862 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two years ago

I'm stoked Melbourne got Tucker. He will be fun to watch from the stands. I heard Dean on SEN and it looks like Melbourne has locked in Javin DeLaurier.

He was teammates with Jack White at Duke and Javin is on the verge making the NBA. Let’s wait and see what happens in the next couple of weeks.

Reply #896864 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

Vickerman said they're looking for a PG and a 4, as we suspected

But he said they'll look for an older player with more experience and leadership for those other import spots. So DeLauriers not coming

Reply #896874 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

Just finished. He specifically wrote a line through Delauriers name at end of interview

Reply #896875 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

Unless he was taking the piss a bit. I did wonder that

It was odd the way he answered the question so bluntly "nah he's too young for us". Maybe he's having a laugh

Time will tell. But either way, it sounds like they're going after quality players. United will be thereabouts for a 6th straight year you would think

Reply #896876 | Report this post

Kp  
Two years ago

@nbl nope it's not him

Reply #896877 | Report this post

Fugazi88  
Two years ago

Dean sounded pretty clear when he said too young for us, but who knows could be stirring the pot

Reply #896878 | Report this post

Kp  
Two years ago

XRM as the PG

Reply #896879 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Two years ago

XRM would be a mistake

Reply #896881 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two years ago

Just signed, he always played well at John Cain Arena. Interesting to see how Xavier goes in Melbourne. He plays well as a point guard.

Reply #896900 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:51 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754