Get a new name
Years ago

Junior Games - Games Moved

Received an email saying my game this weekend has been changed from friday night to saturday night because of the fellas playing at Wayville on Friday night.

My game wasn't at Wayville, so why re-schedule the whole comp and throw us all out of whack, just move the affected games.

I blame Dawes!!

(For those who were unsure, yes i was kidding about blaming the boss. These types of problems need to be address tho!)

Topic #5034 | Report this topic

Misty  
Years ago

I would assume that games have been moved so people can go to the Fellas game. They do the same when the 36ers are playing on a Friday night.

Reply #57865 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And after seeing the crowds at the Friday night game a couple of weeks ago, who can blame them?

Reply #57869 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Come on - lets give the girls a bit more support.
Cya there - GO FELLAS!!!

Reply #57873 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

so this is for every friday nite game, or just the ones at wayville?

Reply #57876 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about all the families that have organised things on Saturday nights?

Why could BASA not have programmed this into the schedule at the beginning of the season?

Why have games been twice programmed for the same stadium on the same night as the Adeliade WNBL game?

Can our new CEO get in quickly and give us a hand?

This is the sort of stuff that needs to be stopped for basketball to move forward!

Reply #57878 | Report this post

Rodman  
Years ago

Great I have wedding on saturday so I wont be coaching thanks alot people have things on Saturday

Reply #57916 | Report this post

ALANA BEARD  
Years ago

she is a WNBA all star 2005 and sure to draw a full house

I reckon if it is good enough for the 36ers - it is good enough for the fellas as well

i agree though - all programs have been out for a while and it should have been organized earlier

it is a compliment to alana - and a good move by basa to free up any interested junior players and their families - I will be there for sure!

Reply #57923 | Report this post

ALANA BEARD  
Years ago

she is a WNBA all star 2005 and sure to draw a full house

I reckon if it is good enough for the 36ers - it is good enough for the fellas as well

i agree though - all programs have been out for a while and it should have been organized earlier

it is a compliment to alana - and a good move by basa to free up any interested junior players and their families - I will be there for sure!

Reply #57924 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

remind me again how many more people can fit into Wayville

5 days notice, what a pile of crap, people often have plans ahead of time.....

Reply #57929 | Report this post

mp  
Years ago

According to the email all games have been moved EXCEPT for the ones scheduled at Mars & Mt Barker.

Reply #57930 | Report this post

mp  
Years ago

According to the email all games have been moved EXCEPT for the ones scheduled at Mars & Mt Barker.

Reply #57931 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is this email everybody keeps referring to? Who was it from and who was it to?

Would be nice if ALL coaches/team managers were notified by their club or heaven forbid.....BASA get it right to begin with. The WNBL program was out ages ago, so not like BASA couldn't have arranged something around it.

Reply #57932 | Report this post

mp  
Years ago

Email was sent to all BASA Area managers, all UIC's and referees .It should also have been forwarded onto whoever looks after these things in the Club.

At least BASA got the email out on Monday, instead of Thursday night.

Reply #57933 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It is still not good enough. This sot of thing should have been planned at the start of the WNBL season and not 5 days prior. People do hae lives out side of the BASA Junior Competition.

Reply #57935 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How many teams will be forced toforfiet this weekends games because of a lack of players available?

And how much money will BASA lose because of it's poor handling of this yet again?

How many people will think this is the straw that breaks the camels back and quit the sport all together because our administrators can't organise anything without massive changes every week?

Mike Daws can not get started quick enough!

Reply #57939 | Report this post

Pioneer  
Years ago

Friday night back to normal for this week. Email has gone out to all people concerned.

Reply #57942 | Report this post

Interested  
Years ago

Reply #57945 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

r we sure now?? is everything back to how it was?. someone post 1 final awnser please!

Reply #57951 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Games to stay as they were on Friday night.

Reply #57952 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I vote we dont play juniors this week at all due to lack of interest

Reply #57953 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what about those that were already set for Saturday night anyway.....
.......the Friday Wayville games???

Reply #57959 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Well I would think that Wayville has a game on Friday night and that they would still play the wayville games SAt night.

Reply #57962 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how about some one post a copy of the email for us all to read.

Reply #57977 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Go to Sturt Website and the info is there.

Reply #57979 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Subject: URGENT RE FRIDAY JUNIOR GAMES

Good Morning

Yesterday an email was sent indicating an intention to reschedule Round 4 Friday night games

to Saturday night. This was done in an effort to promote the Adelaide Fellas' game on the Friday

night. Feedback has indicated that the affect of this change would be detrimental to the Junior

competition, particularly given the short noticification.

Thus that decision has been recinded and games will take place on Friday night in accordance

with the original schedule.That schedule is reprinted below.

On behalf of the Association, I apologise for any inconvenience created. Please assist where you

can to promote the Adelaide Fellas' games.

Colin Thompson

Basketball Manager, BASA
Telephone: (08) 8444 6410

Reply #57990 | Report this post

Direct Quote  
Years ago

Damn you libertine, beat me to the punch...

Reply #57993 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:50 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754