GordonG
Two years ago

Taipans Sign Shannon Scott

Roster now complete (apart from any DPs and NSs :)

The CQUniversity Cairns Taipans announce they have recently finalised their deal with American point guard Shannon Scott, signing him to a one-year contract and completing the club's 2022-23 roster.

Bringing international experience from playing in Germany, Greece, Lithuania and Venezuela, Scott has also played for the Long Island Nets regularly throughout his career.

Rest of the info available on the Taipans website.

Topic #50354 | Report this topic

LV  
Two years ago

Not the guy I thought of when I saw this name... Shannon Shorter

For Cairns sake I hope he's one of those guys who has more impact than stats suggest

Reply #897543 | Report this post

Rod Grizzard fan  
Two years ago

Yeh definitely the worst import in the league this season

Reply #897549 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

As a Rod Grizzard fan I reckon you're a content expert on worst import in the league ;-)

Reply #897551 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

Outside of his first year in Greece, predominately a reserve in the domestic leagues in Germany, Lithuania, and Venezuela. I guess Cairns were looking for a cheap option who can run the PG spot and get the higher paid guys going. I can imagine they might have also paid slight overs on some of the local guys, instead of using it on the 3rd import spot.

Reply #897558 | Report this post

Toddy  
Two years ago

Never heard of the bloke.

Reply #897564 | Report this post

Kings  
Two years ago

Can't see them moving up the ladder this year...

Reply #897586 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:29 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754