PyroCross
Two years ago

Devondrick Walker is back in the NBL… with Brisbane!

This is a shock. Just saw the NBL announcement. I thought they were going after a NBA training camp cut.

Topic #50402 | Report this topic

AngusH  
Two years ago

Not surprised tbh, but similar to the Sixers' hyping up their potential signings and then swinging and missing, the James Johnson stuff looks silly now. I imagine they are paying Tyler Johnson a beefy deal, and Baynes also would have to be making something close to Delly money, maybe a little less with the injury concerns (although not like Delly didn't have those too). The Bullets have a bad strike rate on 3rd imports too, at least a 60/40 chance they miss on Walker too.

At a glance of the roster I'd have them outside the top 4, but if Tyler Johnson meets/exceeds expectations and Baynes is healthy and able to have an impact similar to what Bogut managed in season #1 with the Kings (...and a few other things go right for them - is Krebs an NBL contributor, or just an NBL1 star? At age 26 we will likely find out this season), they might be a dark horse contender. I'm sceptical, but also looking forward to seeing them play.

Reply #898274 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Awesome news, Wildcats have dodged a bullet.

Reply #898287 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Signing based on available budget.

Sammy Mack made a veiled comment a fortnight ago that the third import signing would depend on what 'ownership would allow'. This is what you get.

Reply #898294 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two years ago

Not surprised this what the Bullets ownership could only afford. I see the bullets finishing 5th place in the play-in.

Reply #898300 | Report this post

Fugazi88  
Two years ago

Why do i get a sense his a place holder till something better becomes available like after NBA cuts

Reply #898305 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Two years ago

cheapish shooter, they've spent the big money elsewhere, i wouldnt be too mad if i was a Bullets fan.

Reply #898323 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

Baynes out injured.

Reply #898345 | Report this post

bankedshot  
Two years ago

Any details on the Baynes Injury Boba fett?

Reply #898386 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

Rolled ankle at training:

https://nbl.com.au/news/baynes-doubt-for-weekend-double

"The Bullets are closely monitoring Baynes after the veteran NBA and Boomers big man rolled his ankle at training ... Brisbane officials remain optimistic that the injury isn't long-term."

Reply #898390 | Report this post

hoopie  
Two years ago

Better this way - why risk injury in a minor tournament? Better to stay as healthy as possible until the real season starts

Reply #898394 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:23 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754