Dunkman
Two years ago

Hawks v kings

Cracking game, kings imports outstanding. Simon has come back from Germany a much better all round player. Walton jnr fantastic.
On the on the other side hawks imports leaving a fair bit to be desired.

Topic #50460 | Report this topic

AussiePride  
Two years ago

Footlocker Player of the Game $250. Is that embarrassing or what? I don't get out of bed for $250 so I am expecting that a professional basketballer is going to be insulted by that prize.

Why not start handing out Don Smallgoods and a T Shirt?

Reply #900185 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

Yeah, I enjoyed that one. That ranga & the Hawks were looking a decent chance for a W until DJ showed up and went whackitywhackwhack and flipped the momentum. Walton Jr looks good value indeed.

Reply #900186 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

I can see back to back. Kings bench not as deep but there top eight seriously good.

Reply #900187 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

Great entertainment value that game. I wasn't expecting a Walton v Dent shootout though! Lachie was incredible. Walton a superstar, DJ a game changer and Cooks was Cooks.

Like the look of King for the Hawks, he seems solid and has a nice stroke. Robinson good except for 0/9 threes, had 8 assists and 0 turnovers.

Reply #900188 | Report this post

Mat B  
Two years ago

Walton Jr is a legit gun! So smooth and versatile. Makes it look easy which is a sign of pure talent.

Hawks weren't too bad. If Robinson and Harvey hit a couple more shots each, result would've gone their way.

Reply #900189 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Footlocker Player of the Game $250. Is that embarrassing or what? I don't get out of bed for $250 so I am expecting that a professional basketballer is going to be insulted by that prize.

Wow, are we not in the LK era? This is something Rick Burton would have implemented back in 2003 if he had the budget.

This is actually worse than receiving a no-prize because you have the added shame of having to accept such a token amount in public which leads to assumptions made by those who aren't familiar with the league payscale that NBL players aren't earning much. It's embarrassing and cringeworthy.

Reply #900191 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

Epic game. If Walton continues like that, Kings fans will be saying "Jaylen who?"

Speaking of who... who is this Dent?

Reply #900193 | Report this post

101 annon  
Two years ago

Both teams struggled at times but it's only round 1
King’s look good with their starting 5 & even tho their bench doesn’t have the depth off last year they will be fine. Still need to add Glover when he comes back from injury
For the Hawks they will be in the playoffs but more the 5th/6th team. Froling needs to be big for them this year. Import’s will do good but I feel they haven’t got enough quality bigs & are going to struggle in that department.

Reply #900196 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

I thought Walton Jnr looked solid in preseason, but that first half performance last night was something else.

Reply #900203 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Agree with above, Froling needs to be playing well
for the Hawks, with consistency I might add. He was erratic last season and last night shot 25% from memory. Not good enough.

Reply #900204 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Hawks short a big defensively good four man. I hear they are looking but not many locals who are fit, fit the bill.
You have to slow the game down to beat Sydney, early days but don't see any side doing it, perhaps Brisbane.

Reply #900205 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Circling back to the $250 Footlocker POTG, this is incredibly short-sighted by the league, surely someone within the league could recognise how poor the optics for this are? I have friends who only hold the lightest interest in the NBL who watched last night messaging me asking wtf was going on with this?!

That $50 Kmart voucher for fan of the game last season was just as trashy.

Come on NBL.

Reply #900220 | Report this post

DR  
Two years ago

Dent didn't score a point last year because not given a opportunity same as xrm .

Reply #900239 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:04 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754