Pat Bev
Two years ago

Topps NBL Cards Now Available

Just saw that they are doing Topps Now cards for the NBL-
https://www.topps.com/cards-collectibles/topps-now/nbl-topps-nowr.html

Shipping to Australia is a killer, so I hope they sort this out.
Would be good to own some of their debut releases

Topic #50493 | Report this topic

Ben  
Two years ago

Just like Panini Instant, meh.

Very keen to rip open a few boxes of product once they become available, towards the end of the year I suspect.

Reply #901057 | Report this post

Pat Bev  
Two years ago

yeah true, but these cards are limited and the final print runs will be published once the sale ends- so I suspect these will sell for more than the base cards in the boxed/packet releases

Reply #901062 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Each to their own I guess m8. I personally have no interest in the print-to-demand stuff, give me pack pulled card any day. Others might feel the opposite.

Like any release, the base cards will have little value in the pending releases. I suspect there would be decent interest in any NBA prospects but. Looking forward to see how Topps plays the auto / relics / serial numbered cards. Fingers crossed for no sticker autos, players are far more accessible here and I'm guessing on cards will be the go.

Reply #901065 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

$10 per card? Hard pass.

Reply #901080 | Report this post

Reader  
Two years ago

I would like to see a next stars set with lamelo, giddey, RJ autos.

Reply #901095 | Report this post

Shano76  
Two years ago

From what I hear, there will be no packs, this will be it.

Reply #901102 | Report this post

Statman84  
Two years ago

Given the hype, this is majorly disappointing. I still have my NBL cards from the 90s, I will just stick with them.

Reply #901104 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

The initial press release said there will be several products available at retail locations, so there will be traditional packs.

Reply #901109 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

NFTs on the way. Eye roll. Anyone here like em?

Reply #901266 | Report this post

Reader  
Two years ago

Nah I'm not a NFT guy but at least they have stuff for those that like it and then the Topps stuff for those who prefer the physical collectable.

NBL on Twitter has said the full Topps and Topps Chrome product is coming in early 2023:

https://twitter.com/NBL/status/1580675650553548802

Reply #901500 | Report this post

Pat Bev  
Two years ago

https://www.topps.com/archive/topps-now-archive/nbl-archive.html

The print run on the Topps Now cards are super low- the highest being Cotton at 138 cards- hope they get cheaper AU shipping going sooner than later

Reply #901541 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:13 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754