Crackers65
Two years ago

Ben Simmons

Not a great start for Ben. Whose fault will this be?

Topic #50525 | Report this topic

JoelMVP  
Two years ago

Ben.

Reply #901951 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Two years ago

It might be possible that he is just not that good? Maybe this is it?

Reply #901954 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

In his last season he had career lows in points, rebounds and assists, and he's had back surgery since then

In Brooklyn he'll be a lower usage player with most of the plays being run for Durant and Kyrie

I wouldn't expect too much, he'll be living in the shadows of Kyrie and Durant and contributing where he can

Maybe something like 12 points, 7 boards, 5 assists while defending the opposition's best wing player, could be a realistic goal for him

Reply #901958 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Two years ago

Given its just one game and will take time to get back into the swing of things I do wonder if he does struggle like this will the Nets try move him on.

Reply #901961 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Two years ago

hes going to take a while to get back to match fitness, but he can still be a difference maker

Reply #901962 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Two years ago

He's the next LeBron

Reply #901966 | Report this post

Frisbee14  
Two years ago

Warriors kicked the tyres a bit when he was trying to get out of Philadelphia, maybe Draymond could be a fair swap with a pick or 2. If it doesn't work out this year, Kyrie will bolt with Green and the Nets can trade KD and rebuild totally.

Reply #901969 | Report this post

Esky68  
Two years ago

Could consider the possiblity that hes just kinda ass

Reply #901978 | Report this post

Crackers65  
Two years ago

Ben couldn't care less. He’s getting paid every week and practicing really hard on NBA 2K23. Working on his jump shot and foul shooting is great to see.

Reply #901984 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Lowery is a tough listen.

Reply #901996 | Report this post

Red84  
Two years ago

Not a lot of love here for Ben. His transactional approach to BBall delivers $ to him in the short run; but has made him a pariah.

Reply #902020 | Report this post

Shaggy  
Two years ago

Ben Simmons is an extremely good athlete. He should take up basketball.

Reply #902119 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Ben Simmons the extremely good athlete would be interested but he does not partake in the shooting of the basketball.

Reply #902138 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

6 / 8 / 10 vs raptors

Reply #902147 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

7-3-8 minus 16 in a 10 point away loss to Memphis.

Reply #902505 | Report this post

Cram  
Two years ago

His decision making, particularly late in the game was about as bad as I've been very seen it

Reply #902506 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Got his max contract and never been the same.

Reply #902508 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Two years ago

To think a couple seasons ago there was real discussions on who the Sixers should keep between Simmons and Embiid.

Reply #902509 | Report this post

Gus3232  
Two years ago

Still hard to believe he is the son of Dave, who was a serious headbanger and never took a play off. Ben needs a serious injection of the Dave's toughness and heart.

Reply #902510 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

I like to think both of the father's of Ben Simmons & Jonah Bolden would've been a bit disappointed with how soft their sons turned out.

Reply #902513 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Bolden at least got out and moved on with his life. Bruce was terrific person.

Reply #902514 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

Has Landale found a sweet spot in Phoenix, like Baynes did 3 years ago?

Reply #902603 | Report this post

McBlurter  
Two years ago

Good for him.

I always thought his style suited a role in Phoenix, much like Baynes with Celtics/Suns vs Pistons/Raptors.

It's all about the role, or moreso, defining one... which Pop didn't have.

I was worried Landale would start as 3rd choice behind Biyambo, but I think it's safe to say he's taken the 2nd choice mantle.

He's definitely got himself an opportunity to earn his next contract for big $$$, and a NBA level 'nutrition' program to shape his body to be elite by 2024/26

Reply #902609 | Report this post

Cram  
Two years ago

Baynes season in Phoenix was good offensively (and specifically shooting the 3) but was one of his worst by every other metric. The good shooting just hid that. When the shooting dried up in Toronto, he had nowhere left to hide.

Great to see Landale getting his shot and making the most of it.

Reply #902653 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Simmons not playing today, rest or injured?.

Reply #903104 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

Knee soreness

Reply #903126 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Back , started on bench, 16 minutes, 2-3-2 @-7.

Reply #903947 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:44 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754