Fugazi88
Two years ago

What are Melb United doing?

United are playing on Thursday, still 0 word on what import they're going to bring over. Shambles...

Topic #50598 | Report this topic

JMS  
Two years ago

They're looking for a replacement PF/C that can take the bulk of the starting inside minutes that Hukporti would have played, with Humphries playing the secondary minutes as he recovers from a long-term injury. The DJ Newbill rumour was strange as this would indicate Tucker being moved on vs Caroline which didn’t fit with hiw they have both played. I hope they bring in a John Mooney / Martin type that can dominate inside but also hit the three ball. Okwera has shown a lot of promise but isn’t quite yet the answer inside.

Reply #904241 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

Being patient, it seems

Reply #904245 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two years ago

There's still plenty of games, no worries yet.

Reply #904246 | Report this post

Ballman  
Two years ago

Looking for a 4/5 that you can afford in the NBL wouldn't be a simple choice compared to say a guard or a 3 man.

I think United will need to scan the market carefully to see what makes the most sense, rushing into it could see a mistake being made.

Mooney was untested and when he had a breakout first year was earning bigger money. Compared to say Manek who other than 1 game against Adelaide has struggled. So getting the 4/5 man right on someone with no pro-experience outside of college is a gamble.

Reply #904249 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Sounds like they have released Caroline

Reply #904271 | Report this post

Kas  
Two years ago

And apparently MU have a player - an announcement expected in the next few days

Reply #904272 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two years ago

I heard on the basketball show, I was so lucky to Caroline's signature.

Reply #904274 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two years ago

get*

Reply #904275 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

https://www.espn.com.au/nbl/story/_/id/35028982/nbl-melbourne-united-agree-sign-big-man-marcus-lee?fbclid=IwAR1ipyYpRn8L_W9JMgetwhn1TjKmpW7bgDyNVGu-H2Xz55bS6mmzBkf25_8

Marcus Lee

Reply #904286 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

A super-efficient guy so far in his pro career who rebounds and blocks shots. Sounds like what Melbourne needs, even if not the floor spreader they'd ideally like.

Reply #904287 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

Looks like a smart signing. His numbers dont jump off the page, but on a team full of guys who demand the ball, someone who can do the dirty work around the rim is just what the doctor ordered. He'd probably also fit in in Adelaide as well.

Reply #904288 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Yes very solid signing, did he get cut or leave Manresa, team struggling in liga endesa. As ME said, Sixers, even cats would be useful pick up.

Reply #904289 | Report this post

JMS  
Two years ago

Looks like an early Josh Boone style player, competitive, runs the floor limited range but bangs the boards and provides a option close to the hoop. Will certainly help Humphries in the block. Tucker really needs to step up now on offence.

Reply #904301 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:32 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754