Ben
Last year

United @ Blanks - Sun 1st Jan

Tips 4pm VIC/NSW.

Blanks have been playing better. United want this more though and will squeak past by 5.

Topic #50741 | Report this topic

CG404  
Last year

CG and Barlow back for United. But Bullets have been playing impressively. Should be a tight game.

Reply #907968 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Big game for United, win and there probably a chance of the play in, lose and there gone. I'm just hoping for good game.

Reply #907969 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

Baynes out - back.

Reply #907972 | Report this post

Footloose  
Last year

Will the Bullets be more cohesive without Baynes?

Reply #907979 | Report this post

CG404  
Last year

Gak the difference so far. Good on him.

Reply #907980 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Good quarter.

Reply #907981 | Report this post

Jatz  
Last year

United have to get some fouls on Gak.

Reply #907982 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Great crowd again in Brisbane. Great crowd every where in league now.

Reply #907983 | Report this post

Jatz  
Last year

United stinking it up in the back half of the 2nd

Reply #907984 | Report this post

Jatz  
Last year

United got nothing going to the hoop. All perimeter crap

Reply #907985 | Report this post

Jatz  
Last year

Tucker back in droves to the hoop. Plus 1. It's there all day every game

Reply #907986 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

I never want to watch a Cadee Bunnings ad again.

Reply #907988 | Report this post

Jatz  
Last year

Humphris fouls out with stupidity.

Reply #907989 | Report this post

Jatz  
Last year

Sorry. 4 fouls Humphris

Reply #907990 | Report this post

CG404  
Last year

Nah, Gaze was saying five fouls. You're fine.

Reply #907991 | Report this post

Baller  
Last year

Does Rucker want the Bullets job or what. He never has anything good to say about us ????

Poor commentary but don't expect anything different from him!!

Reply #907992 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Goulding is such a great player, Gazey hit it on the head between him and Johnson, nba pay packet for Johnson who isn't better than Goulding.

Reply #907993 | Report this post

Jacket  
Last year

The easiest money in the world is to just back overs in this league.

Just back overs every single game.

This is so well planned.

If there is any scoring drought, the referees just start finding fouls and sending players to the FT line.

Combine that with the total lack of defense in the game and you see points scored absolutely soaring over the total.

Just saying, if you want easy pocket on the side, an extra $1000 or so a week, just back overs every game.

The game absolutely hates anyone trying to defend.

The bookmakers have not caught on and the totals are still around 170-175.

I honestly would not be surprised if the referees family members do it themselves.

Why not.

Reply #907994 | Report this post

Jacket  
Last year

The pace of games are so high, there are so many frantic turnovers that lead to so many easy buckets.

The rebounding is atrocious in this league, the defensive rebounding that is, that also leads to very easy points.

Everything is set for scoring in this league. If you defend you are seen as the devil.

Do yourself a favour and just back overs.

Easiest money in the world

Reply #907995 | Report this post

CG404  
Last year

I wish I had as much free time as Jacket does to apparenrly not watch the NBL (yet still comments in real time)

Reply #907996 | Report this post

Jacket  
Last year

So you HATE easy free money?

Just back overs every single game and watch your bank balance grow.

Reply #907997 | Report this post

CG404  
Last year

"The average score in the NBA has increased season-over-season for several years now. It has steadily gone from 205.3 in the 2015-2016 season to 224.2 last season."
https://www.nba.com/nbabet/early-nba-season-over-under-trends-and-teams-to-target-this-week-on-the-total

(From 2021)

But no, even given the disparity in playing time, apparently the NBL is the easiest league to score in.

Troll, keep trolling.

Reply #907998 | Report this post

CG404  
Last year

And again, the all caps comes out, haha

Reply #907999 | Report this post

Jacket  
Last year

How does my point contradict what is happening in the NBA?

Again, not sure why you are arguing with me, it seems you do not want easy free money.

Reply #908000 | Report this post

CG404  
Last year

BOOKMAKERS HATE HIM!
See how he turned $100 into $110 using this one simple trick!

Reply #908001 | Report this post

Jacket  
Last year

And this game ALSO goes over.

This game was going NO WHERE points wise until the referees intervened and said, nope, we need points.

Why not profit on this? Seems silly not to.

It is not even a risk anymore

Reply #908002 | Report this post

Jacket  
Last year

WRONG CG

You get a $1.90 return on overs and unders.

You cannot go wrong.

South east Phoenix, 36ers, Bullets, Hawks.

These teams hate and i stress, absolutely HATE anything to do with the defensive side of the court.

They save all there energy for offense.

You will win alot more than lose by backing overs.

The only question is, when will the bookies catch on and raise the totals because they have been caught with there pants down the last month or so.

Reply #908003 | Report this post

Anon  
Last year

So Jacket how much have you made using your analytics?

Reply #908004 | Report this post

CG404  
Last year

How much do we OWE you for your SOUND financial tips? Surely this CAN'T be FREE??

Anyway, well played, United in the end. Will be a tough match up next weekend.

Reply #908005 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Brisbane under Duncan lead quite a few time only to fall away as game went on, nothing has changed in spite of coach changes. They have players that think they are there for team to get them shots and play little D. Until this changes in the make up of their squad, nothing changes. This is on McKinnons head.

United to disciplined, Tucker now that Vickerman has him playing team is excellent, Illi and Goulding absolutely kicked the arse of Cadee and Sobey. Barlow still to clever for Brisbane fours.
Again great crowd in Brisbane just hope they can get a coach and team that can get them winning even if it means letting some of their supposed stars go. There is no I in team.

Reply #908006 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

I never want to watch a Cadee Bunnings ad again.

This.

Reply #908008 | Report this post

Frisbee14  
Last year

Hey Jacket, Greta Thunberg would love your philosophies and ideas, email her at:
[email protected]

Reply #908009 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last year

Now Frisbee 14 that is f***ing funny :)

Reply #908010 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Just back overs every single game.

The bookmakers have not caught on and the totals are still around 170-175.

They've adjusted rather well.

The TAS-SEM over/under today was set at 172.5.

Reply #908011 | Report this post

Frisbee14  
Last year

Jacket must be ordering a pizza ATM.

Reply #908016 | Report this post

Yup  
Last year

Brisbane is an "A grade point guard" and Baynes returning to form away from being contenders...

Jaylen Adams **/Cadee
Sobey/Johnson
Krebs/
Gak/Mitchell
Baynes/Harrison

If Baynes returns to form, that line up competes with NZ.

I like Vandy and he's been good considering the challenges but at times his inexperience has been exposed and he’s not ready to be a head coach just yet but definitely a lead assistant with head coach potential.

Reply #908022 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

If Baynes returns to his best form that line-up competes with everyone.

Reply #908026 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

And by that I mean the current line-up. No lack of talent there, and you see the difference getting healthy bodies and an in-form Sobey makes. Get Baynes playing his best and this is a very good team.

Reply #908027 | Report this post

Frisbee14  
Last year

I still don't understand people's perception that Baynes is a game changer just because he had a long NBA career. Firstly he's injured most of the time now due to miles on the clock, and secondly he has always been a role player his whole career getting rebounds and playing defence on bigs. So it's not like he has a scorers mentality and will consistently drop 20-30 most games.
Don't get me wrong, when healthy he's a definite positive, but gone are the days when if you've played in the NBA it'll be like playing kids when you play here. Alan Williams is way more productive at the moment, and I would put Pardon at his level as well. They're not getting paid peanuts, but I would expect nowhere near what Baynes is getting..
He would be a perfect fit in Adelaide in a swap for DJ in a dreamworld, gives precisely what Sixers are lacking and would hold current players accountable. In that scenario I can see him getting more money than Williams for example. Then again, what has he done to calm the shit show that is Brisbane at the moment. So would have to put him in the overrated column for this season.

Reply #908032 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Baynes is 36 now averaging 11 ppg & 8.6 rpg this season shooting a woeful 41.8% from the field and 31.9% on 3pts, he's only going to get worse.

Reply #908037 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

I think he'll be just starting to show a bit more touch by the time the season ends.

Reply #908040 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

I've got no doubt he will make one last attempt to impress NBA scouts before the Bullets season ends.

Reply #908043 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Bogut is a classic example, was ok first season then still contributed to team but age and injuries catch up, certainly for the bangers.

Reply #908045 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

Baynes would be impressing NBA scouts if he could make simple shots. If that touch returns he's a different player.

Reply #908056 | Report this post

Frisbee14  
Last year

There is 99.999% chance of Baynes never playing in the NBA again.
He's been out of the league for how many years, mainly due to his serious neck injury. When he's been on the court this season he's been ok but hardly impressive. And he's been constantly injured, never a good sign for a big man, his body is breaking down. He hasn't got a lifetime like Delly has with Brown in Sacramento where he can be that experienced vet to mentor a young Kings team based on his play in a title winning team in Cleveland. He did have an outlier season in Phoenix with his shooting, but there's plenty of other veterans that can be a end of bench player.
Only way scouts would see him if he was in same game as Rupert, Cooks or another prospect. Couldn't imagine too many GM's fielding calls from his agent based on his production. And he would surely have to be realistic and know he's probably got a couple of seasons left in the tank to maybe make the Boomers final squad. He's got his cash, would certainly say he's overachieved in how long his NBA career went for. Time to finish off his career in Australia, lucky to even do that after his freak neck injury when he probably had thoughts of serious long term damage.

Reply #908060 | Report this post

Yup  
Last year

Doubtful Baynes gets back to NBA, but there's a version of Baynes that’s All NBL 1st team, there’s also a version where he fades out in a way similar to the way Dave Andersen did...

I’d like to think he comes back strong next season, and that’s gonna make Brisbane a serious contender…

Really like Krebs, young, big wing, can guard multiple positions, can play some small ball 4, can hit the 3, start him, kids got a huge future, outside chance of NBA in next 3 years…

Reply #908083 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

Yeah Krebs is really starting to find his place. Great team player. NBA is a big call though, his three-ball would have to become seriously automatic.

Reply #908086 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:22 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754